Leaks Reveal Xiaomi To Be In Works On A Clamshell Foldable Phone
With the Motorola Razr and the Galaxy Flip hitting the markets, it’s time for some nostalgic devices to return back.
Highlights of the Story
- This would be the first foldable smartphone from Xiaomi.
- The design language would be identical to that of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
- Being a phone from Xiaomi, we can expect it to be a budget mid-ranged device.
Xiaomi is getting a wide range of customers from all over the world. Because of its good and affordable price range and best features in smartphones, its market is getting profitable day by day. To get more deeper into the market and make the company more profitable the company is continuously evolving with new features in smartphones from time to time.
Reports suggest that Xiaomi is working on a foldable smartphone that opens and shuts like Samsung Galaxy Z flip and the new Motorola Razr. According to a report by ZDNet Korea, Xiaomi has placed an order with Samsung Display for foldable OLED displays so we can expect the foldable phone to be introduced by the end of this year. As per some reports, the company could also source some displays from LG Display too.
However, Samsung provided an OLED display for the Galaxy Z Plus also. But from the sources, Xiaomi is planning to start mass production of its Clamshell Foldable Smartphone from the second half of this year. As of now, there’s just a hint. So, there cannot be any assumptions made regarding the internals of the device. We can expect to be a budget to mid-ranged device but if guesses go wrong, there could be top-of-the-line in this clamshell foldable design making the phone come with a premium price tag.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Fold Review
With only patent listings from LetsGoDigital, the news came out after concept designer Waqar Khan was able to design some renders of the device which are as of now, the only hints of what the phone could look like. Not only this, an approval of WIPO was also received by Xiaomi for the clamshell design foldable.
Thus, it can be expected that users will not have to wait much for the company’s foldable phone. As soon as it comes into the market, it can compete with Motorola Razr and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
Also Read: The Best Smartphones A Student Should Buy
(image credits: pocketnow)
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…