The Best Smartphones A Student Should Buy
We have seen smartphones that are designed for specific needs such as office work, gaming, photography and more. There are also smartphones that are best suited for students who want a phone in the budget range with good performance, great camera and long-lasting battery life. So here we would list out all the smartphones that are best suited for students.
Highlights of the Story
- Students should buy smartphones that are not very expensive
- They should still have great performance and longer battery life
- A great camera is also required on these phones since students want to take photographs of themselves
- OnePlus 7T and Apple iPhone XR are the best-suited smartphones for students
It is observed that smartphones have become a commodity right now rather than a luxury as it was seen earlier. Therefore, we see that smartphones are specifically designed for a certain category of users such as business phones, gaming phones and more. There is also a category of smartphones that are meant for students.
Basically, there is not a lot that is different when we have smartphones designed for students but a few features are mandatory that students eye for before buying a smartphone. Thus, it is also important to find out what students want in their phones to see which ones are the best for them.
What all does a student need in their smartphone?
- First of all, since the smartphone is for students means that it should be budget-friendly since parents wouldn’t want to buy their kids a phone that is expensive.
- On the other hand, it is important that a smartphone designed for students has a long battery life, has better performance and a great camera.
- We have also seen that students want good gaming performance on their smartphones nowadays. Therefore, it is imperative to find a phone that performs on all these factors and comes at a budget as well.
Now, we will be quite honest in saying that the flagship smartphones are definitely not worth the price you are paying if you are a student. Because of the fact that while they do offer the best performance you can get, they are priced quite high and often don’t fall under the budget a student is aiming for.
Nowadays, we are seeing a whole new lineup of phones that are termed as “flagship killer” meaning that they still provide you with the performance of a flagship but at a price which is quite lower than a flagship. So if you are a student who wants premium gaming performance, great camera and better battery life then flagship killers are the phones of choice for you.
Then you also have smartphones that are in a budget range which might not have the best cameras on them but the performance is on par with “flagship killers” and even flagships in some cases.
So we have mentioned all the smartphones that a student should buy down below so make sure to check them out:
One of the best smartphones for students is the OnePlus 7T which is the latest smartphone from OnePlus in the upper mid-range category. It comes with a Snapdragon 855+ processor, 8GB RAM, 6.7-inch screen along with 90Hz refresh rate and an AMOLED panel.
- Great gaming performance
- Long-lasting battery life along with 30W Warp fast-charging
- Smoothest Android UI in the market
- Quite expensive for students
- Camera performance could be better
- No headphone jack
Also read: OnePlus 7T Review
Apple iPhone XR
If you are looking for a smartphone suitable for students that also has a brand value attached to it, you should definitely buy the iPhone XR. Tough it was launched last year, this is still one of the cheapest new iPhones out there and comes with great performance and an excellent camera. Apple’s iPhone XR comes with a 6.1-inch Retina LCD display, A12 Bionic chip for performance, wireless charging and a single 12MP camera with 7MP front camera that supports Face ID.
- Decent camera for the price
- Longest battery life on any iPhone
- iPhone experience at a budget price
- Still expensive for students
- No headphone jack
Redmi Note 9 Pro
While we have mentioned smartphones like the OnePlus 7T and the iPhone Xr, the Redmi Note 9 Pro is another end of the spectrum. In this category, the deciding factor for smartphone buyers becomes the price-to-performance ratio. With the Redmi Note 9 Pro, you get four cameras at the back along with the Snapdragon 720G processor. You also get 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The device comes with a 6.67-inch display, long-lasting battery life, and fast-charging support
- Excellent gaming performance with its chipset optimized for gaming
- Long-lasting battery life
- Great camera performance at this price
- Quite heavy in terms of weight at 209 grams
- Performance lags under heavy load
- Students might not be a fan of MIUI and its ads.
Google Pixel 3A
Google Pixel 3A is one smartphone that might not be suitable for everyone but it definitely serves a purpose and that is catering to one kind of audience, photographers. The Google Pixel 3A is not heavy in terms of specifications or features but it does have the same camera as its Google Pixel 3 series.
Therefore, you will get the same performance in camera and it captures excellent photos. Google Pixel 3A has a 5.6-inch display with Snapdragon 670 processor and just 4GB of RAM with 64GB internal storage.
Also Read: Google Pixel 3A Review
- Excellent camera performance in a day and night-time conditions
- Good battery life
- Stock Android Experience
- Not great for gaming or heavy usage
- The processor and RAM could have been better
Poco X2 is one of the latest smartphones to be launched by Poco that now serves as a separate entity from Xiaomi. This phone comes after the Poco F1 which became a huge hit for its performance at a budget price. The Poco X2 is optimized for gamers as it comes with a 6.67-inch display along with 120Hz refresh rate and features a Snapdragon 730 processor, 6GB RAM and 4500 mAh battery capacity.
Also Read: Poco X2 Review
- Excellent gaming performance
- 120Hz refresh rate makes everything look smoother
- Camera performance could be better
- Comes with an IPS LCD display
Here we have mentioned all the smartphones that are best suited for students. And in case you are looking to upgrade your smartphone to any of the above-mentioned smartphones then you can Click here if you want to sell your old mobile phone for the best price!
Cover Image Source: www.inc.com
Nokia 5.3 is one of the most affordable phones for students. As students want more features in less money, Nokia 5.3 is the perfect option.
Nokia 5.3 comes with an HD display of 720 * 1660 pixels. The screen size of Nokia 5.3 is 6.55 inches. It also has the latest version of Android 10. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor which makes it a fast processing phone.
Nokia 5.3 has 4 rear cameras of13 MP, 5 MP, and 2-2 MP depth sensors. It also has a selfie camera of 8 MP. This phone is available in 3 storage options- 3GB 64 GB, 4GB 64GB, 6GB 64 GB.
This phone also has a long-lasting 4000 mAh battery. All these features make this phone value for money. It starts from the range of Rs. 12000 which is an affordable option for students.
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G
- OnePlus 9R Vs iPhone XR Vs iPhone 12 Full Comparison: Which One To Buy?
- Vivo X60 Pro Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus
- Hey guys, this article is all about the most frequently asked questions or say FAQ’s about the talk of the town, OnePlus 9R. 1. Does it have Gcam support? – Since, the GCAM on OnePlus 9R comes with just LEVEL 3 Hardware support, it means you do get GCAM support but certain features are limited.…