Oneplus 7T Review
Oneplus 7T is rightly considered one of the best mid-range smartphones in the market. Oneplus 7T is especially for the Oneplus fans who have always adored all the other Oneplus devices. Oneplus 7T packs the best features from its parent device Oneplus 7 Pro including the 90Hz refresh rate AMOLED display and 30W fast charging, at a lower price point.
The design of the Oneplus 7T on the front is similar to that of Oneplus 7 but gets really interesting moving towards the back. A circular module camera is housed on the soft-touch glass, but there is no IP rating for its protection. Coming to the display, Oneplus has provided a 90Hz display on a 6.55-inch AMOLED panel with HDR10 compatibility for playing HD+ content. It also flashes an in-display fingerprint scanner which is pretty fast in regular usage. Performance is remarkable with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset paired with 8GB RAM, dedicated for heavy gaming. The minimalist Oxygen OS enhances the complete user interface. To handle the power efficiently with that processor and display, the battery life is considered average but not exceptionally large. It is just 3800 mAh but supported by a 3oW WARP charge for fast charging. The 48MP triple camera works wonders in daylight while the low-light camera performance is improved as well. The images turn out to be sharp with great colours overall. The image stabilisation on Oneplus 7T is enhanced as well. The 16MP teardrop selfie camera also performs well up to the mark.
- Large battery life with 30W WARP fast charging
- Premium looks and build quality
- Snapdragon 855+ chipset
- AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Lacks water or dust resistance
- No wireless charging
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 3800 mAh
- Android v10 (Q)
Like other smartphone brands, OnePlus now releases multiple phones each year for the first few years of its existence.
The new OnePlus 7T is the fourth handset to join the current series – and this time look at not just the latest phone from the Chinese company, but also the new series of smart TVs.
It is a considerable upgrade over OnePlus 7. It is similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro but has been upgraded, with a smaller form and curved screen sides. Those looking for a Compact 7 Pro have the option of hitting the sweet spot between the two phones now (7 Pro and 7), giving customers more options at a variety of prices.
Compared to OnePlus 7, the OnePlus 7T comes with two significant upgrades: improved performance and better cameras. It has the original design aspect of the OnePlus 7, a new back design that is immediately recognizable and undoubtedly questionable. Faster charging and more updates that enhance the performance of the latest Snapdragon 855+ chipset.
The OnePlus 7T comes back in a matte-frosted glass with silver and glacier blue, and the 8GB RAM is now standard on the variants. You only have to decide whether to get 128GB or 256GB of storage, whichever is faster using the UFS 3.0 standard. The two variants are priced at Rs. 37,999, Rs. 39,999, respectively, so anyone can pay Rs. 2,000 more for double storage. OnePlus continues to support microSD cards, although increased storage on offer is a much smaller issue than it is now.
OnePlus has paid much attention to its packaging. Aside from using solid cardboard materials, OnePlus has turned the entire box into a distinctive red, as opposed to any backdrop. The finish on the box is also premium and soft to the touch. The matte finish will “glow” the light in the box.
This new box is a throwback to the way OnePlus 2’s packing. The front is covered with embossed, glossy black text about the phone. The box is also taller, symbolizing a slightly longer 20: 9 aspect ratio of the updated display.
- OnePlus 7T
- Factory case
- Warp Charge 30W adapter and cable
Here’s what the device has to offer:
- Display: 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED (2400×1080; 90Hz)
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 640 (675MHz)
- Memory: 8GB + 128GB, 12GB + 512GB
- Rear Camera: Triple: 48 MP (ƒ/1.6); 16 MP ultrawide lens (ƒ/2.2); 12 MP telephoto lens (ƒ/2.2) with 2x optical zoom
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP
- Battery: 3800 mAh, 30W fast charging
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face-unlock
Utterly new to OnePlus, the circular camera island, which features the phone’s triple cameras, is mounted horizontally. It feels like we are at the beginning of a new design trend. While Motorola already uses a circular design for many device cameras, the Huawei Mate 30 and Vivo Nex 3 also use a circular camera island. This design is very controversial among phone seekers.
The frame is made of polished metal, and it mirrors the gradient on the back as it dims between the shades of blue. Since the phone does not have curved edges, the frame is meter and comfortable to hold the phone.
The button placement is also proper. Power key and volume rocker is the correct distance from the bottom of the phone. Also, we appreciate the Physical Notification Slider and will miss it when we switch from OnePlus. The brand is one of the few device manufacturers to step aside from Apple. Sometimes, it matters.
The best update on the OnePlus 7T is the 90 Hertz display, which OnePlus calls the ‘Fluid AMOLED Display.’ The other update makes it more significant. The screen is about the same width as the 7, but now it’s slightly longer and has a 20: 9 aspect ratio. It increases the total length of the phone to a few millimeters.
All aspects of the phone’s UI develop when viewed at 90Hz. Everything is very smooth, and the interface overall feels fast and snappy. The animations are even more immersive, and the transitions are almost mesmerizing.
The 7T’s display is updated with a brighter panel, but it retains the same pixel density at 2400 x 1080 px resolution. In our test, we found that the OnePlus 7T had a flagship-worthy brightness with a maximum output of 743 nits. That is precisely the case when you start the custom brightness setting – when toggled, the display delivers a respectable 525 nits.
One significant upgrades to the OnePlus 7T is the Kick Up Snapdragon 855+. This processor is a factory overclocked Snapdragon 855, which translates to about a 15% increase in raw performance on paper.
The Snapdragon 855+ is an octa-core chipset – four core each for low-power and high-power, the central core of that cluster clocked at 2.96GHz (from 855’s 2.84GHz). The high-power cores are clocked at 2.42GHz, and the four low-power cores clocked at 1.8Ghz, the latter of which is unchanged from 855 (non-plus).
Still, the processor does not reach its maximum clock speed in everyday use, so its spec bump only shines when playing overclocked prime core games.
The 7T comes with 7GB of 6GB to 8GB of base RAM, but you can choose from 7GB to 8GB. Speaking of which, the storage standard for OnePlus is UFS 3.0 2-lane for super-fast read and write capacities. It helps with application performance and system fluidity and faster internal storage while having a microSD slot slows down tasks.
Beating the upcoming Pixel 4 as the first phone with Android 10 must be a satisfying experience for people in OnePlus, and OxygenOS abstinence on stock Android continues to be a workout, as most OEMs can undoubtedly learn.
The pre-release software in the test unit has some bugs and application crashes. OnePlus has confirmed that all retail units will ship with an updated version of the software, which can address these issues.
The OnePlus 7T’s triple Camera features a primary 48MP half-inch sensor with 0.8µm pixels and a wider f / 1.6 lens. There is also a 12MP telephoto camera with 1µm pixels, and a 2x zoom f / 2.2 lens and an ultra-wide 117 ° 16MP module with f / 2.2 aperture.
It brings back the same shooting modes found in OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro – Video, Photo, Portrait, Nightscape, Pro, Time-lapse, Panorama, and Slow-Motion – while Photo Mode has been replaced with the new Super Macro feature, which is 2.5 cm and 8 cm. Support closeup shots.
By default, photos are taken at 12MP (4,000 x 3,000) unless you shoot Pro Mode, despite the 48MP sensor. Even at low resolution, this has enough image information for large prints and little crops and offers both core photo quality.
OnePlus 7T Camera has also added optical image stabilization and is very welcome. Photos are consistent with a good handshake, even in good lighting, and it also plays a role in the video – more on that later.
In terms of processing, the 7T balances the details and colors like some phones without sharpening or enhancing them. The images don’t have the dynamic range of the iPhone 11 Pro, and they aren’t precisely tuned every time, but they still look vibrant and natural.
Under bright conditions, Auto-HDR also works fine. It brightens the backlit content and usually prevents any part of the image from flying unless you are shooting a very hostile scene. This feature also extends to the selfie camera, which is fantastic.
The new Super Macro mode works excellent, focusing on closeup subjects and delivering mountains of background opacity. Although we were mistaken, the OnePlus Super Sharp seems to be a little too sharp to make more impact.
The OnePlus 7T comes with a slightly larger 3,800 mAh battery. The added screen size and increased refresh rate affect battery results. Of course, the upgrade to the Warp Charge 30W means faster top-ups between fares, so it is.
Fast charging is always a welcome addition, and 7T has a Warp Charge 30T support. OnePlus 70% claimed in half an hour and exceeded it. 7T charges up to 72% in 30 minutes, reaching a full charge in just 1: 16 hours. No worries if you forget to charge your phone at night, a 20-minute quick charge while preparing for work will certainly give you a lot of battery, if not all day.
With the 7T, the OnePlus front-facing also made the beefier the top speaker. Most beefier, of course, need to move the sim tray to the bottom of the phone. In some ways, the OnePlus 7T was able to make it a little louder than the 7 Pro.
When watching videos, the front-facing speaker pulls more weight as it is directed toward the viewer. The result is a balanced sound and a stable output.
The In-Display Fingerprint Sensors are similar to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, which is already very good, and with minor tweaks, it has become faster than ever.
Excellent overall performance
All the features of Oxygen OS 10 and the security of Android 10
Good battery life with high-speed charging
Premium looks and build quality
Great presentation and good speakers
Some bugs and inconsistencies within the camera app
Low-light photos and videos could be better
No water or dust resistance
6 Month ReviewsView All
Latest ReviewsView All
Tips & TricksView All
- How To Register Yourself For CoVID Vaccine Using Aarogya Setu App and CoWIN Website: Step by Step GuideThe eligible beneficiaries can visit the Co-Win 2.0 portal to register themselves or via the Aarogya Setu app, which has CoWIN app integration.
- AirPods are tiny little wireless earbuds that often get misplaced very easily, if you are one of them who often tend to lose their AirPods at your home or while you are out then this feature is a godsend. AirPods can now be easily located using your iPhone and you can track their last known location. While this feature isn’t as robust and functional as the Find my iPhone feature that we are now used to, it will help get the work done
- The iOS 14 has a hidden Code Scanner application built-in, that most iPhone users aren't aware of. The Code Scanner app is not available on the App library and you need to locate it manually from the Control Center. Here's how to find this hidden app on your iPhone. Not only that, but you can also make the app easily accessible by following a few simple steps.
- FM WhatsApp is a modded version of the cloud messaging app WhatsApp. The app has many useful features related to privacy and customizations that are missing from the regular WhatsApp. If you want to try the app, here are its features and instructions to install the app.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
First ImpressionsView All
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Should you buy the iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE instead? Here’s what you need to know.
- Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro both feature triple rear camera setups.
- Micromax In series finally launched in India after much anticipation.
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…