Oneplus 7T Pro Review
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 4085 mAh
- Android v10 (Q)
After releasing only one smartphone each year for the very first few years of its existence, OnePlus has advanced to the point where, like other smartphone brands, it is now releasing multiple phones each year.
The new OnePlus 7T Pro is the fifth handset to be included in its current series – and this time, there is not only a new phone but also a new series of smart TVs.
It is not an upgrade over the OnePlus 7T but certainly looks better. It is similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro but has been upgraded to a smaller form factor and without the curved screen side. Those desiring the Compact 7 Pro now have an option that hits a sweet spot between the two existing phones (7 Pro and 7), giving users more options at different price points.
Compared to OnePlus 7, the OnePlus 7T Pro comes with two significant upgrades: improved performance and better cameras. It retains the natural form factor of the OnePlus 7, and thankfully it brings back horizontal mid cameras that don’t look like Moto phones. Fast charge and a performance boost courtesy of the latest Snapdragon 855+ chipset are further upgrades.
The OnePlus 7T Pro is available in a matte-frosted glass back in silver and glacier blue colors, with standard 8GB of RAM in all variants. All you need to decide is to get 128 GB or 256 GB of storage, which, of course, uses the faster UFS 3.0 standard. The price of these two variants is Rs. 37,999, and Rs. 39,999, respectively, so we don’t expect anyone to think about spending Rs 2,000 more for double storage would take their budget too far. OnePlus does not continue to support microSD cards, although the increased storage on offer means that this issue is redundant than before now.
OnePlus has paid much attention to its packaging. In addition to using durable cardboard material, OnePlus has transformed the entire box into a unique red color that can be used against any background. The end of the box also feels premium and soft to the touch. The matte finish box “shines” on the light.
This new box is a reminder of the way that earlier OnePlus models came packaged, especially OnePlus 2. The front of the box is decked up with embossed, glossy black text on the back. The box itself is more extended, symbolic of the slightly longer 20:9 aspect ratio of the updated display.
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- Factory case
- Warp Charge 30W adapter and Type C cable
Here’s what the device has to offer:
- Display: 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED (2400×1080; 90Hz)
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 640 (675MHz)
- Memory: 8GB + 128GB, 12GB + 512GB
- Rear Camera: Triple: 48 MP (ƒ/1.6); 16 MP ultrawide lens (ƒ/2.2); 12 MP telephoto lens (ƒ/2.2) with 2x optical zoom
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP
- Battery: 3800 mAh, 30W fast charging
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face-unlock
Something entirely new for OnePlus is the circular camera island that arranges the phone’s triple cameras horizontally. We might be witnessing the beginning of a new design trend. While Motorola already uses a circular design for the cameras on many of its devices, the Huawei Mate 30 and the Vivo Nex 3 also use a circular camera island. This design is quite controversial among phone seekers.
The frame itself made with polished metal, and it reflects the gradient at the back as it fades between shades of blue. Since this phone does not have curved edges, the frame is meaty, and the phone is comfortable to hold.
The button placement is proper too. The power key and volume rocker are at the right distance from the bottom of the phone. Also, we appreciate the physical notification slider and always find ourselves missing when moving away from OnePlus. The brand remains one of Apple’s few device makers, including one to harass. Sometimes, it’s the simple things that matter.
The best update on the OnePlus 7T Pro is the 90 Hz display, which OnePlus calls it ‘Fluid AMOLED Display’. The second update was making it big. The screen size is the same as the 7, but is now slightly longer and has a 20: 9 aspect ratio. The total length of the phone also increased by a few millimeters.
All aspects of the phone’s UI develop when viewed at 90Hz. Everything is straightforward and makes the interface feel quick and complete. The animations felt more immersive, and the infections are almost mesmerizing.
The 7T display has been updated with a bright panel, but it has the same pixel density and with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 px. Also, OnePlus 7T Pro has a flagship-worthy brightness with a maximum output of 743 nits. Once the adaptive brightness setting is enabled, the display reaches a respectable output of 525 nits.
One of the major updates of OnePlus 7T Pro is the kick up of Snapdragon 855+. This processor is essentially a factory over Snapdragon 855, which translates to about a 15% increase in raw performance on paper.
The Snapdragon 855+ is an octa-core chipset with four low-power cores and four high-power cores, with the core of that cluster clocked at 2.96GHz (up from 2.84GHz of the 855). Other high-power cores are clocked at four low-power core clocking of 2.42GHz and 1.8Ghz, two of which have been kept unchanged from 855 (non-plus).
Nevertheless, the processor will not reach its peak clock speed under daily use, so the overclocked Prime Core will only brighten its particular bump while playing the game. Also, on 855+, the Adreno 640 is a little over 100 MHz. Otherwise, both chips use Qualcomm’s X24 modem.
The 7T gets an oomph in the base RAM from 7GB to 6GB to 8GB, even though you could have opted for 7GB over 8GB. OnePlus’ storage standard is now UFS 3.0 2-lane super-fast read and writes speed. It helps with the performance of the app and the fluidity of the system, and with this fast internal storage, having a microSD slot will only slow things down.
Oneplus, beating the upcoming Pixel 4, becoming the first phone with Android 10 would have given people a sense of satisfaction, and OxygenOS at the top of the stock continues to be restrained on Android, one that many OEMs can surely learn. From
There were some bugs and app crashes that can be attributed to pre-release software on the test unit. OnePlus has confirmed that all retail units will ship with an updated version of the software that should fix these problems.
OnePlus 7T Pro’s triple camera features a primary 48MP half-inch sensor with 0.8lusm pixels and a wide f / 1.6 lens. It also has a 12MP telephoto camera, with one pixel and 2x zoom f / 2.2 lens and ultra-wide 117 ° 16MP module with f / 2.2 aperture.
It also brings back the shooting modes found in the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro – Video, Photo, Portrait, Nightscape, Pro, Time-Lapse, Panorama, and Slow-Motion – although the photo mode is complemented with a new Super Macro feature. , Which supports close-up shots of 2.5cm and as far as 8cm.
Despite the 48MP sensor, by default, photos are taken at 12MP (4,000 x 3,000) until you fire Pro Mode. Even at this lower resolution, so there is enough image information for larger prints and a slight crop, and lends both to the core photo quality.
Optical image stabilization has also been added to the OnePlus 7T Pro’s camera and is incredibly welcome. The photos are kept impressively steady in good light, even with a slight handshake, and it plays a part in the video – more on the latter.
In terms of processing, the 7T Pro perfectly balances things without over-sharpening or enhancing detail and colors like some phones. The images are not the dynamic range of an iPhone 11 Pro, and they are not fully framed every time, but they still look vibrant and natural for the most part.
In bright conditions, auto-HDR also works well. It brightens backlit subjects well and usually prevents any part of the image from being completely taken out unless you are shooting a very high-contrast scene. This feature also extends to the selfie camera, which is excellent.
The new Super Macro mode also works impressively, delivering mountains of focus on close-up subjects and background blurring. While we may be mistaken, it seems that the OnePlus Super Macro speeds up the shots a bit more to give them more impact.
OnePlus 7T Pro has a slightly larger 3,800 mAh battery. The added screen size and increased refresh rate can positively affect battery results on OP 7. Of course, the update to the Warp Charge 30W also means a faster top-up between charges, so it is.
Faster charging is always welcome, and the 7T Pro has WARP command 30T support. OnePlus claims 70% in half an hour and is more than this. The 7T Pro charges up to 72% in 30 minutes, reaching a full charge in just 1: 16h. Even if you forget to charge your phone overnight, a quick charge of 20 minutes while getting ready for work will yield the battery, if not all day.
With the 7T Pro, the OnePlus beefed up the front-facing top speaker as well. So much beef it needs to move the sim tray to the bottom of the phone. Somehow, OnePlus managed to make the 7T Pro a bit louder than the 7T.
While watching the video, the front speaker draws most of the weight as it is directed at the viewer. The result is an excellent sound and with stable output.
The in-display fingerprint sensor is similar to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, which was already very good, and with minor changes, it has become faster than ever.
Excellent overall performance
All the features of Oxygen OS 10 and the security of Android 10
Good battery life with high-speed charging
Premium looks and build quality
Great presentation and good speakers
Few bugs and inconsistencies with the camera app
Low-light photos and videos are good
No water or dust resistance
6 Month ReviewsView All
Latest ReviewsView All
Tips & TricksView All
- GBWhatsApp and FM WhatsApp are enhanced and customized mod of original WhatsApp and are most suitable for those who want to use two Whatsapp accounts on a single device. Both are based on WhatsApp Plus mod which was discontinued by the WhatsApp creators when they streamlined WhatsApp. Here is the comparison of features between both apps.
- Free Fire features a rich range of attractive cosmetic items featuring enticing bundles, visually appealing skins, and more. Often they are very expensive to buy, and you have to use your in-game currencies to unlock them. Also, you can get these items for free using redeemable codes. Here's a guide on how you can do that.
- How To Register Yourself For CoVID Vaccine Using Aarogya Setu App and CoWIN Website: Step by Step GuideThe eligible beneficiaries can visit the Co-Win 2.0 portal to register themselves or via the Aarogya Setu app, which has CoWIN app integration.
- AirPods are tiny little wireless earbuds that often get misplaced very easily, if you are one of them who often tend to lose their AirPods at your home or while you are out then this feature is a godsend. AirPods can now be easily located using your iPhone and you can track their last known location. While this feature isn’t as robust and functional as the Find my iPhone feature that we are now used to, it will help get the work done
- The iOS 14 has a hidden Code Scanner application built-in, that most iPhone users aren't aware of. The Code Scanner app is not available on the App library and you need to locate it manually from the Control Center. Here's how to find this hidden app on your iPhone. Not only that, but you can also make the app easily accessible by following a few simple steps.
First ImpressionsView All
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Should you buy the iPhone 12 Mini or get the cheaper iPhone SE instead? Here’s what you need to know.
- Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro both feature triple rear camera setups.
- Micromax In series finally launched in India after much anticipation.
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…