LG brings its new flagship phone G7 ThinQ, sticking an innovative moniker ‘ThinQ’ that says everything about the phone’s selling point – it is loaded with smart features. Don’t expect much from its moderate looks. Set your hopes on this device’s functionality and you won’t be disappointed. Boasting a Super Bright LCD, ThinQ comes with an AI-assisted dual-lens camera and an astonishing speaker that makes the other competing flagship phones fall flat. Priced at Rs. 40,000, it’s far cheaper than the competing Samsung S9. Unlike OnePlus 6, LG G7 ThinQ gets it right by including wireless charging and waterproofing – which are at par with most flagship phones available today.
LG G7 ThinQ scores its best marks on their efforts to innovate and blend AI into the system – a progression made in line with the recent drive towards AI technology of most flagship phones. With some shortcomings in battery and performance, it has encapsulated enough features in an affordable price range. On top of that, Google-integration is at your service with the click of a button – in case you had been envious of Samsung’s Bixby.
LG G7 ThinQ does not come with a lot of snazzy features that might make you go weak at your knees. It looks ordinary and provides only a 4GB RAM against the usual 6GB of the competing phones. Due to the dimensions, it also had to replace V30s 3,300 mAh battery with a smaller 3,000 mAh one. But on the plus side, you get wireless charging and an amazing sound system.
LG brings a great AI-assisted camera which allows you to chose specific shooting modes to get the best shot. While it may not always be accurate, ThinQ compensates it with a far more accurate Super Bright Camera, perfect for low-light photography. Providing four times the brightness of any conventional picture, you can easily click images at night.
LG called this device a Boombox Speaker and they weren’t joking. With a resonance chamber that covers the entire phone, this device can easily top Samsung S9 especially when placed on wooden surfaces. With an amazing bass and DTS:X 3D Sound, LG G7 ThinQ has taken a major step forward for audiophiles.
A trend-follower and not a trend-setter, this device has a bright screen, powerful performance, and a decent dual-camera module – but average battery life.
With a 6.9-inch LCD screen, LG boasts of a feature which it calls Super Bright Display. While normal phones tend to peak around 500-600 nits, LG goes up to a whopping 1,000 nits making the bright screen easy to go through under direct sunlight. Unlike the previous G6, LG promises 30% energy efficiency. However, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has entered the race and goes past the 1000 nits of LG, giving it some real competition.
LG ThinQ is not a flashy phone. So don’t expect to get wowed. It looks like a cross between iPhone X and Galaxy S9. Neither does it have flagship designs like the curved OLED screen of Samsung Galaxy S9 or the triple camera-set of P20 Pro. But it does have a headphone jack, which is a saving grace. Covered with Gorilla Glass 5, this device has very thin bezels but retains the controversial notch. With this design, it’s clear that LG has played it safe. Fortunately, it has kept the wireless charging feature from last year’s G6.
The G7 ThinQ arrives with the top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 which can handles multitasking easily . The phone functions are mostly buttery smooth and even in case of high-end games, the phone keeps its functions high and smooth. Gaming is a wonderful experience on this set.
LG G7 ThinQ comes with an impressive set of 16MP dual-lens cameras of a f/1.9 wide-angle lens and a pretty fast f/1.6 normal lens. It is coupled with a pair of Sony IMX 351 camera sensors, which are smaller than average, measuring about 1/3.1 inches. Comparatively, S9 has a 1/2.55-inch sensor. While LG claimed that it did not require larger sensors to get great results, in the actual field, the pictures came out poorer than expected. A definite loss, despite having a great camera.
But the major advancement is the Smart AI that enters into guessing mode and categorizes subjects into the pre-fitted 19 shooting modes, including tweaking of brightness and colour. The Intelligent AI tries to understand the subject, sometimes going down to the specifics. However, the guesses are not always accurate.
You can get a much better accuracy with Super Bright Camera that offers automatic detection of low-light and is actually quite precise at that. It can get the brightness up to FOUR TIMES than conventional pictures in low-light! That’s twice than what the Bright Mode of LGV30S provides. However, there is a problem – the photos go down to 4MP and 4K UHD videos will be down to 1080p. This is similar to Huawei P20 Pro which brings 40MP images down to 10MP.
G7 has also upgraded its front-facing camera. It’s 8MP now and can take pictures in portrait mode too. You just need to adjust your poses a little.
The LG G7 ThinQ with a Li-Po 3000 which is quite adequate and can keep the phone chugging for an entire day with light to moderate use. However, if you push it too much with intensive tasks, it might struggle to end the day without going dead.
For a moderate price, LG G7 ThinQ is a good phone to go for. However, it hasn’t upgraded much from its previous model in terms of looks. While it has introduced an AI-assisted camera, it is far from perfect. Due to lack of innovation, it falls behind the competitor Samsung Galaxy S9. But it is economical, which is a bonus. The booming audio stands out and makes it a great pick for audiophiles.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.03 inches
- Weight162 g
- ColorNew Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, Raspberry Rose
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.83 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.1 inches
- Pixel Density564 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1440 x 3120 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio0.826
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 630
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM modelmicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual-SIM model
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.6, 30mm (wide), 1/3.1, 1.0 micron16 MP, f/1.9, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusPDAF laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30/60fps, 1080p30/60fps, 720p240fps, HDR, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p60fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide)
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioDTS: X Surround SoundActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)WPCPMA wireless charging (US version only)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG G7 ThinQ
Get the best price for LG G7 ThinQ
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.2spec scoreLG G7 FitAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG V40 ThinQ₹37,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLG G8 ThinqAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2₹18,730Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreLG Q8Add to compare
- 8spec scoreLenovo Z5Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSony Xperia 10 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreLG G7 OneAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreHuawei P Smart Plus 2019Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare