LG brings its new flagship phone G7 ThinQ, sticking an innovative moniker ‘ThinQ’ that says everything about the phone’s selling point – it is loaded with smart features. Don’t expect much from its moderate looks. Set your hopes on this device’s functionality and you won’t be disappointed. Boasting a Super Bright LCD, ThinQ comes with an AI-assisted dual-lens camera and an astonishing speaker that makes the other competing flagship phones fall flat. Priced at Rs. 40,000, it’s far cheaper than the competing Samsung S9. Unlike OnePlus 6, LG G7 ThinQ gets it right by including wireless charging and waterproofing – which are at par with most flagship phones available today.
LG G7 ThinQ scores its best marks on their efforts to innovate and blend AI into the system – a progression made in line with the recent drive towards AI technology of most flagship phones. With some shortcomings in battery and performance, it has encapsulated enough features in an affordable price range. On top of that, Google-integration is at your service with the click of a button – in case you had been envious of Samsung’s Bixby.
LG G7 ThinQ does not come with a lot of snazzy features that might make you go weak at your knees. It looks ordinary and provides only a 4GB RAM against the usual 6GB of the competing phones. Due to the dimensions, it also had to replace V30s 3,300 mAh battery with a smaller 3,000 mAh one. But on the plus side, you get wireless charging and an amazing sound system.
LG brings a great AI-assisted camera which allows you to chose specific shooting modes to get the best shot. While it may not always be accurate, ThinQ compensates it with a far more accurate Super Bright Camera, perfect for low-light photography. Providing four times the brightness of any conventional picture, you can easily click images at night.
LG called this device a Boombox Speaker and they weren’t joking. With a resonance chamber that covers the entire phone, this device can easily top Samsung S9 especially when placed on wooden surfaces. With an amazing bass and DTS:X 3D Sound, LG G7 ThinQ has taken a major step forward for audiophiles.
A trend-follower and not a trend-setter, this device has a bright screen, powerful performance, and a decent dual-camera module – but average battery life.
With a 6.9-inch LCD screen, LG boasts of a feature which it calls Super Bright Display. While normal phones tend to peak around 500-600 nits, LG goes up to a whopping 1,000 nits making the bright screen easy to go through under direct sunlight. Unlike the previous G6, LG promises 30% energy efficiency. However, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has entered the race and goes past the 1000 nits of LG, giving it some real competition.
LG ThinQ is not a flashy phone. So don’t expect to get wowed. It looks like a cross between iPhone X and Galaxy S9. Neither does it have flagship designs like the curved OLED screen of Samsung Galaxy S9 or the triple camera-set of P20 Pro. But it does have a headphone jack, which is a saving grace. Covered with Gorilla Glass 5, this device has very thin bezels but retains the controversial notch. With this design, it’s clear that LG has played it safe. Fortunately, it has kept the wireless charging feature from last year’s G6.
The G7 ThinQ arrives with the top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 which can handles multitasking easily . The phone functions are mostly buttery smooth and even in case of high-end games, the phone keeps its functions high and smooth. Gaming is a wonderful experience on this set.
LG G7 ThinQ comes with an impressive set of 16MP dual-lens cameras of a f/1.9 wide-angle lens and a pretty fast f/1.6 normal lens. It is coupled with a pair of Sony IMX 351 camera sensors, which are smaller than average, measuring about 1/3.1 inches. Comparatively, S9 has a 1/2.55-inch sensor. While LG claimed that it did not require larger sensors to get great results, in the actual field, the pictures came out poorer than expected. A definite loss, despite having a great camera.
But the major advancement is the Smart AI that enters into guessing mode and categorizes subjects into the pre-fitted 19 shooting modes, including tweaking of brightness and colour. The Intelligent AI tries to understand the subject, sometimes going down to the specifics. However, the guesses are not always accurate.
You can get a much better accuracy with Super Bright Camera that offers automatic detection of low-light and is actually quite precise at that. It can get the brightness up to FOUR TIMES than conventional pictures in low-light! That’s twice than what the Bright Mode of LGV30S provides. However, there is a problem – the photos go down to 4MP and 4K UHD videos will be down to 1080p. This is similar to Huawei P20 Pro which brings 40MP images down to 10MP.
G7 has also upgraded its front-facing camera. It’s 8MP now and can take pictures in portrait mode too. You just need to adjust your poses a little.
The LG G7 ThinQ with a Li-Po 3000 which is quite adequate and can keep the phone chugging for an entire day with light to moderate use. However, if you push it too much with intensive tasks, it might struggle to end the day without going dead.
For a moderate price, LG G7 ThinQ is a good phone to go for. However, it hasn’t upgraded much from its previous model in terms of looks. While it has introduced an AI-assisted camera, it is far from perfect. Due to lack of innovation, it falls behind the competitor Samsung Galaxy S9. But it is economical, which is a bonus. The booming audio stands out and makes it a great pick for audiophiles.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Back Camera16 MP
- Front Camera8 MP
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.03 inches
- Weight162 g
- ColorRaspberry Rose
- ColorNew Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, Raspberry Rose
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width2.83 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.1 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD
- Pixel Density564 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Size6 inch to 6.25 inch
- Display Resolution1440 x 3120 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio0.826
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 630
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM modelmicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual-SIM model
- Storage64 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.6, 30mm (wide), 1/3.1, 1.0 micron16 MP, f/1.9, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusPDAF laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30/60fps, 1080p30/60fps, 720p240fps, HDR, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p60fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide)
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioDTS: X Surround SoundActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity2800 mAh to 3000 mAh
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)WPCPMA wireless charging (US version only)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2018, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG G7 Thinq
- Comparison: Apple iPhone 11 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 LiteThu, 20 Feb'20The newly arrived Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has been taking over the budget flagships category, where it takes on the OnePlus 7T, the ROG Phone 2 and the iPhone 11. But the most interesting topic that the people are confused about is “How Does it Compare to Apple’s iPhone 11”, and that’s what we will…
- How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android To iOSWed, 19 Feb'20Source: Youtube One of the main reasons we have seen people switching from Android to iOS is because of the fact that iPhones from Apple are just a complete package overall. If we look at the Android side of things, it is no longer the case that Android phones, especially the flagships that used to…
- Best Android One Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowWed, 19 Feb'20When you are out in the market for a new smartphone you expect the new smartphone should come with the least possible bloatware so that it can deliver the maximum performance. Right now this is only possible with Pixel devices from Google that offers clean stock Android version with no third-party app installed. And that’s…
- Galaxy A70e Renders Leaked!Tue, 18 Feb'20It seems Samsung is about to launch the successor to the Galaxy A70s by the name of Galaxy A70e. A few renders of the A70e have leaked and are doing the rounds on the internet. The leaks are courtesy of the famous leaker @OnLeaks. Based on information from him and the leaked renders, the phone…
- The Best Smartphones You Can Buy In India In 2020Mon, 17 Feb'20Smartphones and gadgets play an important role in one’s life in the current generations. One tends to use them for work, for casual usage, for gaming, media consumption, and whatnot. Life without a phone even for a day is like, life without food for a month. While there are a variety of phones available in…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 First ImpressionsMon, 17 Feb'20Samsung has launched a new trio of phones in the Galaxy S20 Series for the year 2020, these include the Galaxy S20, the S20 Plus and the Galaxy S20 Ultra with that hybrid 100x zooming capabilities. But that is not we will be focussing on here, while most of the people will be buying the…
- iQoo 3 AnTuTu Benchmark Scores Better Than iPhone 11?!Mon, 17 Feb'20The iQoo 3 is expected to launch in India on February 25th, the same day as its debut in China. It’ll also mark the entry of iQOO in India. The iQOO 3 is about to become India’s first Snapdragon 865 and 5G support. It’s expected to be a quick and powerful phone. This is now…
- OnePlus 8 Finally Shows Up On GeekbenchFri, 14 Feb'20A device with the codename IN2025 has gone through Geekbench and this might be the vanilla OnePlus 8. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 chipset (“kona”) just like the OnePlus 8 Pro, and therefore the Geekbench score of both the devices is similar. But notice the RAM – it’s 8GB while the professional model packed…
- Realme X50 Pro 5G To Have 65W(!) Fast ChargingFri, 14 Feb'20Since MWC has been canceled, Realme is holding a web launch event for the X50 Pro 5G on February 24. Earlier it was alleged to take the wraps off it in Barcelona at the conference. The phone has now been confirmed by Realme to have 65W fast charging, which uses the recently trademarked SuperDart brand.…
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.5spec scoreLG G7 FitAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG V40 Thinq₹39,000Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreLG G8 ThinqAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSony Xperia 10Add to compare
- 8.2spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2₹22,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLG Q8Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreLenovo Z5Add to compare
- 8spec scoreSony Xperia 10 PlusAdd to compare
- 8.2spec scoreXiaomi Mi Mix 2SAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreLG Q Stylus₹14,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare