Priced around Rs. 52,000, the phone comes with some good features, while features like Hand ID and Air Motion work with glitches. The display and performance is worth it, but the battery life brings down the phone. Overall, it is a good phone but there are better options which will be more long lasting with a less price, which are available.
- Great, vivid display with Gorilla Glass protection
- Amazing camera with a lot of features
- Good sound system
- The phone has a good performance and barely lags
- Excellent storage capacity
- Average front camera
- Average battery life of 8 hours
- Hand ID and Air Motion features do not work well
LG G8s ThinQ has a brilliant display, promising performance and a good camera. With average battery life, front camera and a few jittery features, it fails to stand out in the market.
LG G8s ThinQ has a screen size of 6.21 inches with Quad HD+ OLED display and a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels. It comes with a Full Vision Display, with an aspect ratio of 19:5:9 and 83.1% screen-to-body ratio.The entire display is protected by Gorilla Glass 5. The display has a palm rejection feature which can detect unindented, accidental touches. The FHD display along with a pixel density of 563 PPI making the screen display of this LG model rather strong. The screen display is sharp and gets just bright enough for screen contents to be visible under direct sunlight. The display supports HDR10 which makes the colours pop out and more vivid. This screen display is perfect for catching up on Netflix on the go. The screen also has a Crystal Sound OLED Speaker in which the entire screen is a speaker for immersive sound.
With a 6.21 inch screen covered with Gorilla glass, 6GB ram and a dual camera,the phone also comes with IP68 rating for water resistance and dust proofing. It has crystal sound OLED speaker and a movie quality screen. It is a dual SIM phone with both sims supporting 4G connectivity. It has a headphone jack, Hand ID, Air motion, fingerprint sensor and also supports face unlock. The body has a good hand grip. With slim bezels, and flat sides, the phone is easy to grip and use. The phone body has an appealing look to itself.
G8 ThinkQ has Qualcomm’s latest mobile processor Snapdragon 855 Octa Core. It has a 6GB ram with an internal storage of 128 GB. The device also supports a Micro SD card upto 2TB. It comes with an Operation system of Android 9.0, Pie. All of these features makes the performance of the phone impeccable. Apps will launch quickly and shifting between apps will be much smoother. Games will run without lagging and with great graphics due to the display display of the phone.
The front camera comes with an 8MP Resolution, 80° field of view, f/1.7 Aperture and 1.22 mm sensor pixel size. There are dual rear cameras with standard angle and super wide angle lens. The standard angle lens has a 12MP resolution with a 78° field of view, f/1.5 Aperture and 1.40 mm sensor pixel size. While the super wide angle lens has a 16MP resolution with a 107° field of view, f/1.9 Aperture and 1.00 mm sensor pixel size. It has an LED flash, portrait and spotlight mode, making it ideal for one’s personal photography. The camera also has the feature or video bokeh.However, the front camera is not strong.
G8s ThinQ has a 3,500 mAh Li-ion non-removable battery with Qualcomm quick charging 3.0 facility and requires a USB type C port for charging. Wireless charging option is also available for this model. The battery takes about an hour and a half to charge completely from 0 to 100. With maximum usage and around 4 continuous hours of screen time, the battery will last around 8 and a half hours. The battery time is not bad, but it could have been better because too much usage on work days will lead to draining of battery before someone returns home.
With a great display, performance and much more than adequate camera, this phone is a good option to look at among LG phones. However, its hand ID and Air Motion features are jittery, and the battery life and front camera could be better. The phone boasts of a great storage. Android Updates will be slow to arrive in this model. Although it has a few good features, a combination of similar or better features are available on the market for the same or even less price.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.10 inches
- Weight181 g
- ColorCarmine Red, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Width3.03 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.2 inches
- Pixel Density401 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1080 x 2248 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18.7:9
- Screen to Body Ratio0.811
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- GPUAdreno 640
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM modelmicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual-SIM model
- RAM/Internal Storage64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusPDAF laser AF, PDAF
- Triple Camera12 MP, f/1.5, 27mm (standard), 1.4 micron12 MP, 52mm (telephoto), f/2.4, 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom13 MP, (ultrawide)
- Back Camera Video2160p30/60fps, 1080p30/60fps, 720p240fps, HDR, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera Video1080p60fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Dual Camera8 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1.22 micron, AFTOF camera
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioDTS: X Surround SoundActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3550 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)Wireless charging
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Announced On2019, February
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, June
Price / Buy
Get the best price for LG G8S ThinQ
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare