LG To Introduce ‘LG Velvet’, Its Latest Design-focussed Flagship Smartphone
There’s another news story around an illustrative and brilliantly designed minimalistic phone that was recently teased by LG, called ‘LG Velvet’.
Highlights of the Story
- The Velvet will boast a much more creative design than its rivals in the market.
- The device will bring back the curved-screen design that we have seen on devices from OnePlus and Samsung.
- The company is also expected to throw away its G-series smartphones.
LG is not keeping it light after the LG V60 ThinQ launch recently. In fact, the phone is gearing up for a speculated May 15 launch event with a supposed LG G9 ThinQ (tentatively).
Also Read: LG G8 Thinq
Talking about the LG Velvet, the designs show that the phone will have an out-of-the-box raindrop camera design at the back. Instead of a huge chunk of camera bump above the back panel, LG Velvet will have a triple camera setup with the main sensor protruding a bit while the two other sensors will sit flush with the back panel alongside a LED flash. Most importantly, the camera setup is arranged vertically in a descending size where the primary sensor is the largest while the secondary is the smaller and tertiary sensor is even smaller resembling that of a ‘raindrop’.
Apart from that, LG Velvet will have a 3D arc design which means it will be curved from both front and back sides giving its users a nice grip while holding it. The company states that the phone emphasizes its premium softness and lustrous smoothness and thus, the name ‘Velvet’. LG is also ditching the trend of slapping numbers of alphabets to its phones with this new lineup. Instead, it will stick to names that dictate what buyers can expect with it.
Also Read: Top LG Mobile Phones
We don’t know much about the phone at the moment but we do know that it will pack in a Snapdragon 7-series 5G chipset possibly a Snapdragon 765 to make the phone available cheaper than others. Naver suggests that the phone could have a screen size between 6.7-inch to 6.9-inch while the battery could be as big as 4,000 mAh. Finally, it is likely to pack in a 48MP primary sensor at the back and a total of four cameras on-board including a single front camera.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.