Moto G6 is a budget handset that has the Moto badge attached to it. Priced at Rs. 8,596, Moto G6 comes with some efficient budget settings but fails to match up with the competition it comes in.
The Moto G6 has a good battery and design, but it falters in its cameras and processing speed. While it does have the trusty Moto logo to it, the phone is a difficult recommendation to make since there are much better competitors present in the market.
Moto G6 is a budget phone which looks lovely. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone has a beautiful design which makes it eye-catching.
- It has a potent battery that will keep it chugging through the day.
- The phone has an old 18:9 aspect ratio and poor display.
- It has a weak processor which tends to get laggy when intensive tasks are introduced.
- The phone has mediocre cameras.
As a Moto set, Moto G6 will be attractive, but it doesn’t come with any redeeming features. It has poor performance, and the cameras are not good either. It is not a recommended model as there are better phones present in the market at this price range.
Moto G6 looks good, but it comes with poor processing and cameras and is not a value-for-money model.
Moto G6 arrives with an attractive but slowly getting-dated 18:9 display. It is a 5.7-inch HD+ IPS panel with an 18:9 aspect ratio. The colours are quite accurate and popping, but the sunlight legibility is not very good. It is mostly mediocre even at high brightness, and harsh sunlight makes it worse. There is an on-display feature which keeps the phone on all the time. It also carries a blue light filter to tamp down on the blue emissions.
The Moto G6 comes with a metal and glass body. It’s quite sleek and has a polished metal mid-frame. The phone is not quite slim though at 8.3mm, but it is quite lightweight at 167g. Overall, it is quite robust. The phone is easy to hold due to its rounded edges. Even dropping the phone does not dent it much. However, it does get some scratches. The phone has opted for Gorilla Glass 3 and not the latest 4 or 5, but it protects the phone well. However, it is slippery and tends to get fingerprint scratches easily. The phone has a snappy pill-shaped fingerprint sensor which is small but is quite ergonomic. The sensor is quite accurate too. The right side of the phone has a volume rocker and power button. On the bottom, it, fortunately, comes with a USB Type-C port along with a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The Moto G6 arrives with a Snapdragon 450 processor, which is quite low-tier but similar to what can be found in Honor 7C and Redmi 5. It is paired with 3GB or 4GB RAM. The phone does stutter at times, and there are a few lags present, but that happens when we are playing games like Asphalt 8. However, the overall gameplay is smooth. Intensive tasks can make the phone heat a little and make it enter the slow-down mode. It gets 3282 points on Geekbench, which is okay for a budget offering. The Moto G6 has inaccurate facial recognition as it can falter in unfavourable lighting.
The Moto G6 comes with a dual-camera set-up with a 12MP primary camera and 5MP secondary camera. For selfies, it comes with a 16 MP camera. The camera app has a Text scanner tool to convert the image of a text to actual text and Spot Color feature that lets users retain the colour of one object while the rest becomes monochrome. These are nifty features, but the Spot Color is a bit buggy. In daylight, the photos do not preserve outstanding details, and the dynamic range is mediocre. Portrait mode is weak in detecting the edges around the objects. The blur effect is not maintained correctly. Nighttime shots tend to be muddy and very poor. Sometimes, the camera over-processes the images to control the noise. In the front, the selfies are quite good in daylight but struggle again with inadequate light conditions. The phone can capture about 1080 p videos, and the EIS makes it easy to hold and keep it stable. However, the details are not well-rounded.
The Moto G6 comes with a non-removable 3,000mAh battery which tends to support quick-charging. However, the battery is not very good as it was able to get only 8 hours and 40 minutes while running an HD video on loop. However, it can last for a whole day with light to moderate use. Plus, fast charging helps it go from 0-100% within one and a half hours. During charging the phone gets very hot and can be quite challenging to hold as well.
The Moto G6 has a great design and has a decent performance. But it is not a well-rounded phone. While the display can impress you, it is not well-suited for bright conditions. The cameras are quite average, and face recognition is inaccurate. The Moto G6 competes with Redmi Note 5 Pro and Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1, but both pack more power than G6 and makes it more value-for-money. A Moto Fan will be slightly disappointed with the G6, but in terms of basic functionality, it still does a decent job.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR
- ColorDeep Indigo
- Back Camera12 MP
- Front Camera8 MP
- Thickness0.33 inches
- Height6.06 inches
- Weight167 g
- ColorDeep Indigo, Silver, Blush, Black
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame
- Width2.85 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.7 inches
- Screen Resolution1080X2160
- Pixel Density424 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Size5.5 inch to 5.75 inch
- Display Resolution1080 x 2160 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio75.40%
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- RAM3 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- ChipsetQualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Storage32 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Dual Camera12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55, 1.4 micron5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesDual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, auto-HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p60/30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP or 16 MP, f/2.2
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated micDolby Audio
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 15W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, April
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Motorola Moto G6
Get the best price for Motorola Moto G6
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 And Mi 10 Pro In ChinaThu, 13 Feb'20Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi 10 in China, which is a successor to the Mi 9 smartphone. The 5G device ships with the newest Android 10 OS. Read also: Redmi 8A Dual Launched in India Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications and Features The latest Xiaomi Mi 10 features a curved 6.7-inch AMOLED display with 1,120…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip First ImpressionsWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung has just unveiled its latest folding phone, and this comes with a completely new visual design, which has a mechanism pretty similar to the infamous Motorola Razr Fold. It features the new Ultra-Thin Glass has a better hinge mechanism and more, and also It is coming pretty soon to India. While there are some…
- How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhoneWed, 12 Feb'20Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Officially RevealedWed, 12 Feb'20Samsung not only announced a trio of the latest Galaxy S20 smartphones, but it also announced a new foldable phone: The Galaxy Z Flip. Samsung showed an ad for the new phone during the Oscars on Sunday night, but outside of that, we only had leaks and rumours about the phone. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip:…
- To Kick off the new decade Samsung has unveiled the new line of smartphones skipping the incremental naming convention from Galaxy S11 to the whole new line, the Samsung Galaxy S20 series of smartphones. These are the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra, are all fully-loaded, feature-packed Android smartphones that offer just about everything you…
- How To Take A Backup Of Your Apple iPhoneTue, 11 Feb'20We know that you love to use your iPhone. One thing that is great about Apple is that “it just works”. This means that everything works the way you want it to without tweaking a lot which is needed on Android devices. If you are using an iPhone, you would also know that losing one…
- Redmi 8A Dual Launched In IndiaTue, 11 Feb'20Xiaomi’s Redmi today (11.02.2020) launched its first phone of the year in India known as the Redmi 8A Dual. Redmi 8A Dual Price In India There are two variants: the Redmi 8A Dual 2GB, 32GB variant is priced at Rs 6,499, and the 3GB, 32GB model is priced at Rs 6,999. The phone’s sale in…
- Image: Beebom The POCO F1, one of the best offerings from Xiaomi was an excellent smartphone. It saw huge sales as it offered flagship specifications at an excellent price. While this phone was launched about a year and a half ago we hadn’t seen any more phones from this brand till now. But the company…
- Why Choose Repair Over Buying a New Phone? Wed, 5 Feb'20Image Source: squaretrade If you look at the subway, restaurant, sidewalks, or even at any event, you will find one thing common – people with low heads playing mobile phones or snapping pictures can be seen everywhere. Nowadays, the mobile phone has become an intrinsic part of our lives. One of the worst things that…
- Best Camera Apps For iPhoneTue, 4 Feb'20Here in this article, we have a collection of best camera apps for iPhone which gives you creative control over your photography and will take your photography to the next level.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.9spec scoreNokia 7.1₹11,530Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreHonor 9 Lite₹9,475Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreNokia 6₹7,390Add to compare
- 8spec scoreMotorola Moto G5s Plus₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2₹10,190Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreMotorola Moto G7₹14,936Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreNokia 4.2₹9,898Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreNokia 6.1₹9,799Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare