Motorola Edge+ And Edge Officially Unveiled!
With the company being out of the Flagship smartphone league for a long time, Motorola is back again with its latest Motorola Edge+ smartphone which had been in rumours for a long time.
Highlights of the Story
- Promo videos of both the devices are over the internet thereby revealing all the key specifications.
- Motorola Edge+ launch price is $999 (around Rs. 76,500) in the US. However, there is no word for its launch in India as of now.
- The Edge+ comes in Thunder Grey and Smoky Sangria colour whereas Midnight Magenta and Solar Black are the colours available for Edge+
Motorola Edge+ Specifications
Motorola Edge+ is a complete package of a gorgeous design along with top-of-the-line internals, enough to compete with other flagships in the market right now. It was revealed in this video by Motorola. The design resembles what we see on the OnePlus 8 with a curved display along with a punch-hole on the front and a quad-camera setup at the back. The display is stunning, thanks to the 6.7-inch Full-HD+ OLED panel with 90Hz refresh rate. Like previous Motorola devices, the Edge+ is tall with a 21:9 aspect ratio. On the top left corner is we get the punch-hole which houses the selfie camera.
Internals are powerful with the Snapdragon 865 chipset on-board. The chipset gets aided with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage to provide a fast user experience and seamless performance. Juicing the internals is a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging and 15W wireless charging support.
Camera department is pretty modest with a gigantic 108MP primary lens accompanied by an 8MP telephoto lens, a 16MP ultra-wide lens and a TOF sensor. There’s a 25MP shooter at the front.
Motorola Edge Specifications
The regular Motorola Edge is introduced as a mid-ranger and flaunts a decent spec sheet. However, it inherits the same 90Hz refresh rate curved panel and the same back design. It’s what is under the hood where things change.
So, there is a Snapdragon 765G chipset clubbed with a mere 4GB of RAM and 128GB. The device however gets 5G support but only sub-6GHz frequencies are supported i.e. not mmWave ones.
A similar quad-camera setup can be seen at the back but it now gets a combination of 64+8+16MP lens combination along with a ToF sensor.
A 4,500mAh battery with support for 18W wired charging can be seen on the Motorola Edge with no wireless charging support.
It remains to be seen what kind of impact this new flagship from Motorola will make on the smartphone market. It is particularly interesting to note that Moto has released the phone during the pandemic, when sales are definitely expected to be tepid.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…