Apple To Launch Mixed Reality Headset Next Year
Apple’s long-awaited mixed reality (MR) headset can launch as soon as early 2022. It is soon going to enter the mixed reality space. This comes from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who is accurate with his Apple predictions over the years. Moreover, he also predicts that the iPhone maker will be bringing augmented reality (AR) based glasses in 2025. In addition, he also claims that a contact-lens-like AR product is scheduling between 2030 and 2040.
Also Read: Realme C21 Launch Date Set For March 5
“We foresee that the helmet product will provide AR and VR experiences, while glasses and contact lens type of products are more likely to focus on AR applications”.Kuo wrote in the analyst note.
Apple’s venture into mixed reality to become a reality?
Furthermore, he also adds Apple’s MR product could weigh between 100 and 200 grams and will be priced in the $1,000 range in the US. The headset will be “significantly better” than what is available on the market right now. It will use Sony’s micro-OLED displays and will not require an iPhone to run. In addition, he also says it will be more of a portable product. This is suggesting that this will be a standalone MR headset. Silicon Valley companies have been working on it for quite a while now.
Apple’s MR and AR headsets are rumored for some time now. Whereas the company has shown interest in AR technology for a couple of years now. However, it has never confirmed the launch of such a headset. That said, between the company developing its own ARM-based chips last year, Apple could be looking to enable more use cases going forward.
The company has also developed its AR Kit software over the years. It enables developers to build apps for its iPhones and iPad. At the moment, Apple uses LIDAR-based cameras on various products in order to better their AR capabilities.
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.