Table Of Contents
- 1Cashify Raised $90 mn: How Will Current Funds Come In Use?
Highlights of the Story
- Cashify raised $90 mn in its Series E funding from NewQuest and Prosus.
- With this, Cashify has raised a total of $140 million in funding.
- The current Funds will be deployed towards. strengthening the team.
A re-commerce marketplace Cashify, raised $90 mn in Series E funding from NewQuest Capital Partners and Prosus. This round was led by existing investors Bessemer, Blume Ventures, and Olympus Capital, with participation from new investor Paramark Ventures. Cashify has now raised a total of $140 million in investment.
The company wants to increase its efforts in acquiring devices and quickly reaching out to a large number of customers. Cashify will expand its presence in the top 100 cities in the country and to open 150 retail locations by the end of the year.
Since 2021, the firm has shifted its focus to India, the world’s second-largest smartphone market with a strong development trajectory. Cashify enables customers to sell and buy used electronic devices. Its largest segment is currently smartphones, but the company will now focus on laptops.
Also Read: Best Samsung Smart TVs In India
Cashify Raised $90 mn: How Will Current Funds Come In Use?
When asked about the fund-raising climate, Mandeep Manocha, Founder and CEO of Cashify, stated, “We were fortunate to have our investors on board six months ago when the market was not too awful.” However, our industry thrives during downturns as customers seek affordability. We will continue to identify opportunities and offers that will bridge the gap between customers, industry, and key stakeholders.”
In March 2021, Asia Environmental Partners, Olympus Capital’s clean energy and sustainability subsidiary, led a $15 million Series D funding round. “The younger generation is the most interested in reconditioned cellphones since they are aspirational, but their budget ranges from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 15,000.”
“While there is a large opportunity set in the re-commerce space, company has a clear edge as a category leader with its focus on customer experience and its data and tech-first approach to drive scale and working capital minimization,” said Amit Gupta, Partner and Head of India and Southeast Asia at NewQuest Capital Partners.
Also Read: How To Do Cryptocurrency Mining In India?
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…