Instagram Allegedly Working On Audio Rooms, End-to-end Encryption
Instagram is reportedly working on a new ‘Audio Rooms’ feature. A new screenshot by Palauzzi shows that the Direct Messages section of the app has a third Microphone icon. Moreover, it is to the left of the Compose and Video Call buttons at the top left of the app. The features are likely to enable via reverse engineering the app to enable hidden strings.
Instagram Working On New Features?
Furthermore, this suggests the feature is still at an early stage for Instagram. Another screenshot by the mobile developer shows a basic “Loading..” message next to his user profile on the bottom of the screen. In addition, there is also a microphone icon and a cross symbol, presumably to mute and unmute yourself and exit the Audio Room.
However, it looks like Audio Rooms arent the only feature Instagram seems to be working on. Another image that indicates the Facebook-owned app could be working on end-to-end encryption for some of its chats. The feature will probably show up when users try to start a new chat. It depicts by the label “Start end-to-end encrypted chat” above the contact’s name.
The arrival of end-to-end encryption on Instagram is the next step in Facebook’s plans to bring its chat services together. The move first started when the company was planning on making its chat services interoperable. It plans to do this by merging the chat services ‘backend’ of Instagram DMs, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp Messenger.
Facebook is also working on merging the chat features of its apps. Many Instagram users across the world have already found their direct messages linked to Messenger chat so that people on Facebook can send you a message on Instagram and vice versa. By introducing end-to-end encryption, this interoperability will be strengthened.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…