How To Use Voice And Video Calls On WhatsApp on PC: Step-by-step Guide
As we all know, WhatsApp does not support voice and video calls yet. However, there are a few ways you can talk to your WhatsApp contacts on your desktop or PC. It looks like the voice and video call feature to its desktop version for Windows and Mac computers. However, there is no support for group calls as of now.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on enabling the voice and video call feature on the WhatsApp app?
- Download and install WhatsApp’s desktop app on your computer/laptop.
- Open it and configure it by scanning the QR code using WhatsApp on your smartphone. You can now access all your WhatsApp contacts.
- To make a voice or video call, click on the call icon, located on the top right corner of the screen on the desktop app.
- Click the call button to initiate a voice or video call.
Once you dial a person, a standalone window will appear on your monitor, which can be resized. You will always notice the call window at the top of the screen. Whereas, you continue with chats or browse content online on WhatsApp.
For this, you will need an audio output device and microphone. Your device should also have a camera for video calls.
You also need to have an active internet connection on your computer and smartphone. The call is not made through your phone, but it needs an internet connection to establish the call.
WhatsApp will ask you to grant permission for accessing your computer’s microphone and camera. WhatsApp Desktop calling is supporting computers having at least Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and macOS 10.13.
Furthermore, WhatsApp has also noted that all voice and video calls are end-to-end encrypted. Whether calling from a mobile phone or personal computer, the security and privacy features will remain the same, the company spokesperson added.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…