How To Use Voice And Video Calls On WhatsApp on PC: Step-by-step Guide
As we all know, WhatsApp does not support voice and video calls yet. However, there are a few ways you can talk to your WhatsApp contacts on your desktop or PC. It looks like the voice and video call feature to its desktop version for Windows and Mac computers. However, there is no support for group calls as of now.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on enabling the voice and video call feature on the WhatsApp app?
- Download and install WhatsApp’s desktop app on your computer/laptop.
- Open it and configure it by scanning the QR code using WhatsApp on your smartphone. You can now access all your WhatsApp contacts.
- To make a voice or video call, click on the call icon, located on the top right corner of the screen on the desktop app.
- Click the call button to initiate a voice or video call.
Once you dial a person, a standalone window will appear on your monitor, which can be resized. You will always notice the call window at the top of the screen. Whereas, you continue with chats or browse content online on WhatsApp.
For this, you will need an audio output device and microphone. Your device should also have a camera for video calls.
You also need to have an active internet connection on your computer and smartphone. The call is not made through your phone, but it needs an internet connection to establish the call.
WhatsApp will ask you to grant permission for accessing your computer’s microphone and camera. WhatsApp Desktop calling is supporting computers having at least Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and macOS 10.13.
Furthermore, WhatsApp has also noted that all voice and video calls are end-to-end encrypted. Whether calling from a mobile phone or personal computer, the security and privacy features will remain the same, the company spokesperson added.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…