JioPhone Next To Have Big Impact on India’s Digital Transformation: Google CEO Sundar Pichai
Highlights of the Story
- JioPhone Next was officially slated to launch on September 10, 2021.
- Reliance Jio Phone Next is confirmed to launch on November 4, 2021.
- It claims to be one of the cheapest 4G smartphones in the country.
Reliance Jio is working with Google to bring a new budget 4G smartphone. Reliance JioPhone Next had planned to launch on September 10, 2021. However, this did not happen due to delays. It claimed it will commence before Diwali (November 4, 2021). Now, the launch timeline has been confirmed by Google’s CEO, Sundar Pichai.
Pichai during the company’s latest earnings call claims that the phone is beyond just English. It also caters to the people of India. He feels that JioPhone Next will spearhead the shift from feature phones to smartphones for a large population. Moreover, he also explains to investors that many will see it as a foundation for digital transformation in India. That over the next three to five years, this localized, feature-rich smartphone with an aggressive price tag will have a lot of impact.
Also Read: Jio 5G Phone: Everything You Need To Know
“We see a demand for people looking to shift from feature phones to smartphones. We are building a phone (JioPhone Next) that is beyond just English, and getting languages, and getting the local needs right for people. Mainly doing it in a way that many more people can take advantages of a smartphone. Overall, India, just like Asia Pacific, continues to be an exciting market for us. We see strength across categories we are involved in. And so, you’ll continue to see us stay focussed there.”the executive explained during the earnings call.
However, Pichai did not share any details about the pricing at the earnings call. Although rumours and assumptions online is that Reliance JioPhone Next price in India will be around Rs. 2,499.
JioPhone Next Specifications
The smartphone is co-developed by Reliance and runs on Pragati OS. Its’ a new Android-based software that includes optimizations for the Indian audience. The upcoming budget smartphone from Jio has a Snapdragon 215 SoC under the hood. It comes with up to 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The Jio smartphone also has a 13-megapixel single rear camera on the back and an 8-megapixel front camera sensor.
On the other hand, the front is a 5.5-inch HD+ display. The phone packs a 2,500 mAh battery under the hood.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…