Jio 5G Phone: Everything You Need To Know
Reliance Jio has been working on its Jio 5G phone for quite some time now. The upcoming phone by the telecom giant has been in the rumor mill for months. However, now, the launch does seem imminent as the Reliance AGM 2021 is closing in.
According to various rumors, the Reliance Jio 5G phone could be launched this month itself in the upcoming huge event. Moreover, as per previous leaks and suggestions, the upcoming phone could be the cheapest 5G device. The smartphone will be launched for the Indian population as an ultra-low-cost 5G phone.
Moreover, going back to last year’s AGM, Reliance Jio had announced its collaboration with Google. The collaboration with the tech giant was to launch affordable 5G phones in India. The Jio 5G phone is currently under wraps but here are a couple of things we can expect to see from the device.
Jio 5G Phone Price & Availability
The Jio 5G phone price in India is expected to be around Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 3,000. The cheap 5G phone will allow millions of 2G users and 3G users to take a direct leap towards the ultimate 5G experience. Moreover, Reliance Jio will most likely also bring along Jio 5G plans alongside the device. However, nothing has been confirmed from the company’s side of things. A company official told PTI that, “Jio wants to bring the device for less than Rs 5,000. When we scale up the sales, it can be priced in the range of Rs 2,500-3,000.”
When it comes to the availability of the Jio 5G phone, it is said to launch during the Reliance AGM 2021 event. The event is all set to be held on June 24, which is not even a week away now. Furthermore, the event will be livestreamed via the company’s YouTube channel at 2PM IST.
Jio 5G Phone Expected Specifications
The upcoming 5G phone by Reliance Jio will most likely run on a customized version of Android. However, it cannot be said for sure whether the device will run on Android Go or not. Moreover, the Android experience on the upcoming Jio 5G phone will be optimized for entry-level phones. Phones with low RAM and internal storage will run the Android version easily.
Additionally, Google also announced their Android Go initiative recently. The primary objective of this initiative is to shift feature phone users in India to make a shift to smartphones without much of a hassle. This is a win-win situation for both the giants in their respective fields.
Furthermore, Reliance Jio has also made deals with companies like Qualcomm, Intel, Facebook and others. The partnership with Qualcomm is to manufacture crucial 5G equipment in the country. However, it could also hint at the upcoming Jio 5G phone to carry Qualcomm Snadragon chipsets. Currently, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G SoC is the cheapest 5G chipset in the market. However, we could also expect to see a custom made chipset for Jio’s entry-level 5G smartphones.
Reliance Jio has reportedly been trying to speed up the production and manufacturing process of the Jio Android phones last year. Jio will reportedly manufacture and produce a whopping 200 million Jio Andoird phones in 2021.
Also read: Google Meet Companion Mode Coming Soon
These 200 million phones will most likely include both 4G and 5G Android phones. Additionally, Bloomberg stated back in September of last year that, “It’s worked with assemblers on prototypes for at least two years in secret and can bring a phone rapidly to market, though it’s likely to miss the November Diwali shopping season.” However, this is all that is currently know about the company’s upcoming Jio 5G phone for now.
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…