YouTube App For iOS & iPad OS Gets Picture-In-Picture Feature
According to a new report, the YouTube app on iOS and iPadOS is getting an interesting feature. The YouTube app for iOS and iPad OS is finally getting the picture-in-picture (PiP) feature. This allows users to watch YouTube videos in a small window when using other applications. This brings in a stylish way of multitasking to users.
Previously, the picture-in-picture feature was brought to iOS and iPad OS through the iOS 14 update. However, support for the feature was only available when using FaceTime or watching a video. It was not available for the YouTube application at the time. Now, that changes as well as the new feature is getting rolled out to iOS and iPad OS devices.
Also read: Jio 5G Phone: Everything You Need To Know
Furthermore, a thing to note here is that the new feature is rolling out to premium users of the YouTube app first. The good news is that free users will get the new feature as well. However, that is after the premium users receive it.
The new method of multitasking was introduced in Android quite some time ago, although only for premium users of the app. Since then, a lot of iOS users wanted to get the new feature on their devices too. Finally, this feature is coming to devices running iOS and iPad OS.
YouTube Picture-In-Picture iOS, iPad OS Support: What More?
A report by MacRumors brought this piece of information to light. According to this report, the latest feature will roll out to users primarily in the US initially. According to the report, YouTube told MacRumors that, “Picture-in-Picture (PiP) allows users to watch YouTube videos in a small mini player while simultaneously browsing outside of the YouTube app on their mobile device. We’re starting to roll out PiP for YouTube Premium members on iOS and plan to launch PiP for all US iOS users as well.”
Also read: Vivo V21E 5G Launching In India On June 24
However, iOS and iPad OS users did get a hint of this new feature a while back. They had discovered that YouTube videos via the Safari app could be played in a small window. This allowed them to use other applications as well, in other words, multitasking.
Moreover, this feature was removed by either YouTube or Apple back in September of last year. Furthermore, the feature came back in October of last year again. Now, with the feature being officially rolled out, iOS and iPad OS users can be relieved.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…