Samsung Galaxy S22 with Snapdragon 895 Spotted on Geekbench
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy S22 has been spotted on Geekbench.
- Specs include the Snapdragon 895 SoC, 8GB of RAM and more.
- The smartphone scores 475 points in single core and 1,393 points in multi-core tests.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 has now made an appearance on the Geekbench benchmarking website. From the looks of it, Samsung is indeed working towards launching multiple flagship devices. We say this as the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE has also been in the leaks for quite some time now alongside the Galaxy S22 series of devices.
According to the Geekbench listing, the upcoming flagship device by Samsung will be coming with the model number SM-S901U. Now, the Geekbench listing of the device actually does not reveal that the flagship device is actually the Samsung Galaxy S22. However, when noted tipster The Tech Guy took to Twitter to reveal the Geekbench listing for the device, he revealed the moniker as well. Moreover, multiple reports started flooding in, stating this particular device to be the S22.
Another thing to note here is that the smartphone is expected to come with a flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. However, apart from the clock speed a minor other details, nothing else is known. Now, multiple reports started stating that this particular chipset could be the Snapdragon 898 SoC, which has not gotten a launch date yet.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Specifications (Geekbench)
According to the Geekbench listing, the smartphone will be pairing up with the Adreno 730 GPU. Now, the processor to pair up with this particular GPU will reportedly be the Qualcomm Snapdragon 898 or 895 SoC. The Tech Guy claims this particular chipset to be the 895 SoC. The company has recently only been reportedly working towards their Exynos 2200 chipset. Now, this particular chipset made an appearance alongside the Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus model.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy S22 Specifications Leaked
However, now, the company is indeed working towards using a Snapdragon variant for the upcoming vanilla S22 in India. According to the Geekbench listing, this particular chipset comes with four efficiency cores, three mid cores and one peak performance core. Further, these cores come with clock speeds of 1.79GHz, 2.5GHz and 3GHz, respectively. Besides, the listing also reveals that the upcoming flagship device will run on Android 12 OS right out of the box. It also reveals that the chipset will pair up with 8GB of RAM.
Moving to the benchmarking scores of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S22, it scores 475 points in the single-core tests. In addition, the upcoming flagship device by Samsung scores 1,393 points in the multi-core tests. Now, the issue here is that the scores are pretty low for a flagship chipset. So, at this moment, it is pretty difficult to exactly point out the name of the chipset. Only time will tell what the brand holds in store for us in the coming days.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…