The Nokia 8, Polished Blue, 64GB (6GB RAM) runs for Rs. 34,990. It comes with a 5.3 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with 1440 x 2560 pixels at 552 PPI(pixels per inch). This flagship is powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor and comes with 6GB RAM. It also has 32/64 gigs of internal storage that can be expanded up to 512GB with a microSD card. The phone runs Android 8.1 and a 3060mAh non-removable battery. It measures 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 160gm. Further, it also houses a 13 MP primary camera, a 13 MP secondary camera on the rear and a 13MP front shooter for selfies.
The phone has a lot going for it, with a great Quad HD display and a dual camera setup. The phone also has a lightweight design which only adds more value.
The Nokia 8 comes with its shortcomings though: neither do the bezels look good nor does the phone have stereo speakers.
|Quad HD display is very bright and sharp||Big bezels on the front do not look great.|
|Dual Camera setup performance is great||No Stereo Speakers|
|It is IP54 dust and splash resistant|
The Nokia 8 is a complete package which gives each flagship a run for its money
Built around a 5.3 inch IPS LCD display, the Nokia 8 isn’t huge. It’s even smaller than its mid-range brother, the Nokia 6. This smaller screen size coupled with a qHD resolution makes for some nice crisp images! For outdoors this is the best LCD, scoring so high on sunlight legibility that it’s actually better than most amyloids.
The Nokia 8 isn’t actually made from steel, that’s the name of the colour, but it’s not too far off. The unibody is carved from the 6000 series aluminium making it look and feel very durable. The Nokia 8 does has both a modern USB type-c port and the more classic 3.5 mm jack for connectivity and we’re glad to move past the micro USB ports of Nokia’s other phones. There is ample internal storage, which is expandable through microSD. There is IP54 Dust and splash resistance 2 which is missing from the other Nokia phones. However, don’t get too careless since clearly the Nokia 8 isn’t fully waterproof.
The bottom facing speaker is not the loudest, but it has a pretty clear sound and leaves us wanting stereo speakers to be part of this package. At the heart of the phone is a Snapdragon 835 chipset which is also in this year’s top performing phones and benchmarks.
According to Nokia, there’s an advanced heat dispersal the system inside which should keep it cooler during heavy use. We definitely noticed this during testing – after running all the benchmarks the phone didn’t even seem warm. Plus, it’s just super snappy – it’s one of the most responsive phones we’ve held in a while!
Nokia is taking some pride in the Nokia Zeiss branded dual cameras which are both 13 megapixels and f2.0. In this setup, one of the cameras has a colour sensor while the other is black-and-white. The camera interface is proprietary and it works well. We only wish there were more options in manual Mode; there’s no shutter speed control, among other things.
Unlike Huawei’s Combination, Nokia’s dual cameras don’t provide for lossless zoom. You can stack their output to improve image quality. The cameras do work together to blur the background behind your subject. This happens automatically and produces some really nice-looking portraits. Regular daylight shots with the colour camera impress a lot with their high level of detail, moderate sharpness, and vibrant colours. There’s a wide dynamic range and the noise is kept pretty low. Black-and-white photos look just as great, but with even better dynamic range and lower noise.
At night we ended up with some nicely detailed and true-to-life colour photos as well as some low noise high contrast shots in black and white. The Nokia is really good at night but it’s still slightly behind the Galaxy S8 or the LG G6. The front cam has a 13-megapixel resolution and autofocus shots look great with the same high quality we see on the main camera. Videos can be shot in either 1080p or 4k resolution. 1080p video has decent sharpness and detail compared to other phones, but compared to its rivals, Nokia 8’s 4k video quality is just average. We do, however, appreciate the OIS. There is one big advantage with 4k recordings and that’s the audio – with three HDR microphones you can capture Ozo branded 360-degree sound.
Of course we didn’t forget to include a feature called dual side, with which you can take pictures or record video from the front and rear cam at the same time. And you can live stream this directly to YouTube or Facebook if you want to! The concept is pretty neat – you can see your face and reactions alongside. But sadly the audio and video quality take a big hit and it really feels better to stick to normal video.
Battery life is surprisingly good on the Nokia 8, it’s much better than Sony’s Xperia XE premium and the LG G6. With the quick charger the phone goes from 0 to 50 per cent in about 30 minutes, but there’s no wireless charging here through. The Nokia 8 runs on the latest Android with a Nokia overlay.
So while the whole deal wasn’t as impressive as we’d hoped, the Nokia 8 still delivers some top-notch photos and great audio recording. These days not a ton of high-quality content is being produced on phones and with devices like this coming out maybe that’s starting to change.
Overall, the Nokia 8 is a well-built smartphone that can give the top flagships a run for their money. Although it doesn’t have interesting software features, it more than makes up for that with everything else it has to offer
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height5.96 inches
- Weight160 g
- ColorTempered Blue, Polished Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body (6000 series)
- Width2.90 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.3 inches
- Pixel Density554 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1440 x 2560 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio69.40%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.5 GHz Kryo 4x1.8 GHz Kryo)
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm)
- GPUAdreno 540
- OSAndroid 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera13 MP, f/2.0, 1.12 micron13 MP B/W, f/2.0, 1.12 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesZeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusPDAF laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video2160p
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.0, 1.12 micron, PDAF
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features24-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3090 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Announced On2017, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, October
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Nokia 8
Get the best price for Nokia 8
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7spec scoreHonor 9 Lite₹9,475Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreNokia 6₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreMotorola Moto G5s Plus₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreMotorola Moto X4₹13,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2₹10,190Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J7 Max₹15,500Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.1₹11,199Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreHonor 8 Pro₹29,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare