A recent launch, the Oppo A3s is a device which boasts of some flagship-like features, at a price akin to those in the budget segment. The phone is decently powerful, has a huge screen, offers a notch display, and even boasts of a dual camera set up at the back.
Oppo has always prided itself on the designs of its smartphones, and the A3s does not let down. Where it doesn’t exceed expectations, however, is the camera quality. Oppo is quite renowned for producing devices with impressive selfie cameras; the A3s, however, does not belong to that category.
The Oppo A3s is by no means the most value for money device in the market, with options by brands like Realme (which is an offshoot of Oppo itself) offering much more for the price points. A few unique selling propositions, however, make the Oppo A3s a decent option in the budget segment.
One of these is the notched display, which is a welcome addition to the budget segment. Although the Honor 9N offers a similar notch with arguably better specs, add the A3s’ battery life to the equation, and you have yourself a great device.
The dual camera setup is also drool-worthy in the lower end segment, although the performance does fall short of expectations in ways more than one.
All in all, the Oppo A3s is a great device to buy if you are looking for a specific combination of features, but in general, there might be some other options in the market which provide a better bang for your buck.
One of the most affordable phones with a notch, the Oppo A3s combines power and design with a great battery and a satisfactory camera.
The Oppo A3s offers a 6.2-inch HD+ display, with a resolution of 1520 by 720 pixels. A step up from standard HD resolution, the A3s has a display which is usable enough for everyday use. Brightness levels are decent and outdoor usage should not be a problem. Colours and details aren’t that vibrant, however, but we can forgive Oppo on this one.
The notch on the display isn’t as optimised as one would expect it to be, however. OnePlus, for instance, have done a significantly better job in making sure that the notch doesn’t block content on the screen, sadly, this isn’t the case with the Oppo A3s.
The notch display is one of the highlights for the A3s’ design. It is one of the cheapest phones available right now with a notch, and this is certainly a major USP for the device. With Oppo, you would always expect a well-designed phone, and they certainly deliver with the A3s. The rear panel looks really attractive for a budget segment phone, and Oppo has tried really hard to make the A3s look like a flagship. The lack of a fingerprint scanner has been somewhat made up for by the inclusion of face unlock, although it is much less secure. The standard micro USB port, 3.5 mm headphone jack, and speaker grill are housed at the bottom, although speaker performance is not anything to jump around about.
The Oppo A3s offers a Snapdragon 450 SoC with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 256 GB. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Performance is generally good when it comes to multitasking and other UI interactions, but heavy games can cause some problems for the device. This is probably to be expected, with the low amount of RAM and the budget SoC that is included in the device. Oppo does offer somewhat of a gaming mode, which allows users to tweak some options to deliver better performance. The face unlock feature performs quite decently; it is fast, but not very secure.
The dual camera setup on the A3s certainly follows industry trends, with a 13 MP primary lens and a 2 MP secondary lens for depth effects giving an extra dimension to images. The performance, however, is satisfactory at best. Photos have an average amount of details, in all kinds of light. The shutter speed is fast, though, which helps avoid blurry shots to an extent.
The selfie camera, upon which Oppo usually prides itself, isn’t that great, to be honest. Picture quality is scuffed, with indoor and low light selfies practically unusable. Outdoor selfies are satisfactory and decent, but that is pretty much it.
The Oppo A3s is powered by a mammoth 4230 mAh battery, which is a clear selling point of the device. Battery life, as expected, is brilliant, with the phone being able to last for almost two days on heavy usage. Now, with such a large battery, the time taken to charge it is incredibly high, due to the clear lack of any fast charging technology, which would have been much appreciated. Still, the Oppo A3s does a fantastic job of battery conservation and optimization, which means you shouldn’t have to worry about the charger too much.
A phone with many flagship features, the A3s is a certain buy for those looking for a certain combination of features in this price range. Speaking generally, however, the A3s doesn’t make too strong of a case for itself, with other devices in the market offering much more value for money experience.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.15 inches
- Weight168 g
- ColorRed, Dark Purple
- BuildGlass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.2 inches
- Pixel Density271 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution720 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio81.20%
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) ColorOS 5.1
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage16GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM
- Dual Camera13 MP, f/2.22 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.2
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4230 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 20W (VOOC Flash Charge)
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, July
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for OPPO A3s
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M10₹7,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreVivo Y93₹13,490Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreOPPO A1Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A10₹7,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A3Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F7 YouthAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreOPPO A83₹7,840Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreRealme C1 2019₹7,499Add to compare
- 7spec scoreVivo Y91i₹7,990Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme C2₹6,689Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare