The successor of Oppo A5, Oppo A7 has been released quite fast with some noticeable improvements. It has a killer battery and an improved front camera for clicking great selfies. On top of that, it has brought in some software upgrades by integrating ColorOS 5.2 making it much more fluid and easy-to-use. However, it comes with an entry-level processor and even then, it is marked at a steep price of Rs. 16,990, which is not a very reasonable pricing decision.
On the basis of competitiveness, it falls behind most of the flagship models. It does not provide low-light photography features nor the resolution to match up with its competitors. However, it makes it up with a water-drop notch and sleek designs that make it come at par with the other competing flagship products.
Oppo A7 comes with an excellent design and glass finish, weighing about 168 grams. It has loud speakers, dedicated microSD slot for storage expansion, and a fast fingerprint scanner – the usual features in any conventional phone. However, it beats most of its competitors with a killer battery that can even last for two days and a good front camera.
Oppo A7 packs a whopping 4,230 mAh battery which contains enough juice to run heavy games for a day and chugging through social media in extra time. It can easily beat the top-end Huawei P20 Pro which offers a 4,000 mAh capacity battery. Plus, you get an advanced software that makes the phone last a lot longer with special battery-saving tweaks.
Oppo A7 has an improved front camera. You get a 16MP shooter with a wide-angle lens that collects enough light to make your selfies look perfect. It captures enough bokeh, and the portrait mode is pretty well-adjusted, so you get a good deal out of the camera. However, A7 retains its old processor and lacks low-light photography features, two major shortcomings that make the steep range quite unreasonable.
Oppo A5 tries to retain its ‘Selfie Experts’ tag by modifying its selfie camera but fails to boost its performance. However, it makes a mark with a unique design and long-lasting battery.
The Oppo A7 comes with a 6.2 inch screen with IPS LCD having a resolution of 720 x 1520 at 271 ppi. The screen resolution at just 720p HD does not fall in line with the progress made by competing flagships. It does provide good legibility under the sun, and has vibrant colours, but is still out of place with the poor resolution.
Oppo A7 has arrived with an eye-catching modification – a water-drop notch. This feature, along with the super-thin bezels, allows you to have more screen space to work with. Even top-end flagships like Huawei had failed to do away with the notch making this a designing excellence.
The rear panel has the same glossy finish with vertical panels underneath, a feature Oppo calls is 3D artistic texture, and it looks pretty good on the phone. However, it’s plastic and will catch finger smudges easily. We recommend using the clear case provided in the box from the first day.
The major letdown has to be the use of entry-level Snapdragon 450 processor. Oppo has just upgraded the RAM to 4GB but retaining the old Snapdragon will make your gaming experience go down. You have to settle for low graphics setting to prevent excess lags. It’ll work well with regular apps and is good at multitasking but does not match with the powerful battery and falls far behind competing flagship phones.
Trying to retain the label of being the Selfie Expert, Oppo has upgraded their front camera to a 16MP shooter with f2.0 aperture and wide-angle lens, a significant improvement over the 8MP of A5. You can capture clear selfies with the camera drawing enough visual information to make you look good. Plus, you get above average images in Portrait Mode and a good amount of bokeh. However, the edge detection does not match the current competition with other flagship models.
On the other hand, Oppo has retained the 3MP + 2MP dual camera. While daylight images bring in some clear pictures, you can notice visual noise in low-light images. On top of that, the video recording is capped at just 1080p which is a definite letdown in the current market. The image stabilization, however, makes your videos more fluent and vivid.
Oppo A7 comes with a killer 4,230 mAh battery that gives a fair fight to its competitors. This giant of a battery will last for a day and a half, even if you are into a bit of heavy gaming. After moderate use, you can even keep it away from the charger for a day. If that’s not enough, Oppo offers smart AI battery management that freezes inactive apps saving more power. It is also equipped with the Qualcomm’s octa-core processor which allows multitasking without the scary phone freeze.
Oppo A7 brings some noticeable modifications especially with a killer battery and the water-drop notch that gives it a premium look. Trying to keep its ‘Selfie Expert’ tag intact, it has improved the front camera, but it lacks in the low-light photography department. Retaining an older processor while amping up the RAM is an error that’s easy to spot while playing games, even though the software makes the phone function fluidly. At a steep price of Rs. 16,990, it is not a phone that is recommended for users. Realme Pro 2 offers better processing, improved camera and the dewdrop notch at a lower price making it a much better choice.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.14 inches
- Weight168 g
- ColorGlazing Blue, Dazzling Gold, Rose Pink
- BuildGlass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.2 inches
- Pixel Density271 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display Resolution720 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19:09
- Screen to Body Ratio81.60%
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) ColorOS 5.2
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32/64 GB, 3/4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera13 MP, f/2.22 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4230 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, November
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, November
Price / Buy
Get the best price for OPPO A7
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
- Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!Fri, 28 Aug'20Several new smartphones are released in India every month, and a lot of them are made in China. This involves products such as Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, Vivo, and OnePlus devices. There has been a lot of discussion in the past few months regarding the anti-china campaign in India with consumers trying to limit the usage of Chinese products. A number of people are switching in the wake of this shift to smartphones with less dependence on China, if you are one of them then this list is for you. We've compiled a collection of some of the strongest smartphones of all time that are not made in China.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.8spec scoreOPPO A5s₹8,989Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreAsus Zenfone Max (M2) ZB633KL₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreVivo Y83 Pro₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreHonor Play₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y91₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreHonor 8C₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreVivo Y95₹14,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreRealme 3₹8,395Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreOPPO A5₹15,990Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreRealme 2₹8,199Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M51₹24,999Add to compare