Samsung Galaxy A2 Core is Samsung’s attempt to capture the low-end budget market after making its mark in the premium market with its Galaxy S series. Priced at Rs 5,290, the phone does not look exceptional, and unlike Samsung’s premium handsets, does not try to move out of the budget zone either.
The phone arrives with a low-tier processor and a weak battery. The design does not have enough features to keep your eyes attached to it. However, the phone does come with an eye-catching display, though the Redmi Go’s 720p Display easily beats it. All in all, the phone falters in the competition that it tries to tackle, and might only be recommended based on its brand name.
If you are a budget user, then the brand name and the budget price of Samsung Galaxy A2 Core are enough to attract you. The phone comes with the following pros and cons:
- The phone has a proper design attached to it which is compact and traditional like a budget icon.
- Samsung Galaxy A2 Core comes with an enticing display that you might fall in love with.
- The phone is powered adequately with the Exynos 7870 working through moderate apps switching and casual gaming.
- The phone comes with a weak battery that may not last for an entire day.
- The low-light camera quality of the phone is inferior, with the subjects being hardly discernible.
If you are a budget user, then the Samsung brand provides enough features in the Samsung Galaxy A2 Core which appears to be an accomplished budget phone. However, it faces stiff competition with the Redmi Go. If you are in for the Samsung trust, then this phone will match your demands. However, the Redmi Go comes with a better display and can be the budget all-rounder of your choice.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core will not please you like Samsung’s premium models, but it gets the job done as a budget phone with its minimum hardware specifications.
The phone arrives with a 5-inch QHD Display with a low 960×540 pixels, at a measly 220 pixels per inch. Due to the thick bezels, the phone has a screen-to-body ratio of 68.39%. It is quite small and makes working with the screen feel quite limited.
The display is okay but does not come with adequate brightness. The legibility of the phone drops drastically outdoors. The colors appear a bit washed out too. Comparatively, the competitor Redmi Go is much sharper coming with a 720p display.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core looks quite good-looking for a phone that comes at an affordable price. The case looks quite similar to the case of its competitor Xiaomi Redmi Go. The phone comes with chunky bezels, which makes the screen space quite small to work with.
The phone is quite light at 142g but seems quite rigid. It’s easily pocketable and is comfortable to handle with one hand. Otherwise, the phone does not have an exceptional look. It’s not something that will keep your eyes on it. It comes with a general budget phone look.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core comes with the Exynos 7870, paired with a 1 GB RAM. It’s not an exceptionally powerful phone. It’s not suitable for running high-end games like PUBG. Even casual games tend to struggle a bit to keep the proper frame rate at a high setting.
Multiple apps cannot be run simultaneously on this phone as the phone tends to freeze or enter slow-down mode during this phase. The performance is low-tier but capable enough for a budget phone.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core comes with a 5MP camera. It is not the best camera in a Samsung phone. The daylight images are passable, and you can discern the features of the subject. Hence, as a budget phone, the camera performs well enough. In low-light, the camera does not get the subjects properly, and the picture captures a lot of visible grain. It has an LED flash on its rear panel.
In the front, the phone has a 5MP selfie camera. It produces passable pictures which you can upload on social media.
The Samsung Galaxy A2 Core comes with a low 2600 mAh battery. While the battery is low, the display is weak enough, making the battery adequate. However, heavy use may not make the phone last for the entire day. Light to moderate use can make it last for a whole day though. There is no fast charging, and hence, you might have to keep charging it for over 3 hours.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core has a lot of similarities with Redmi Go. It has a similar design and a 5-inch display like Redmi Go – however, Redmi Go offers better sharpness in its screen. The performance of the phone is just ok for a budget phone.
The battery can keep chugging for a day with controlled use, but the cameras are quite weak. If you have a tight budget and want a second handset for emergency purposes, then this phone can be a suitable handset to go for.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.36 inches
- Height5.57 inches
- Weight142 g
- ColorBlack, Blue
- BuildGlass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Width2.80 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.0 inches
- Display Resolution540 x 960 pixels
- Aspect Ratio16:09
- Pixel Density220 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio68.6%
- CPUOcta-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 8.0 Oreo (Go edition)
- Chipset GPExynos 7870 Octa (14 nm)
- GPUMali-T830 MP1
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage8/16 GB, 1 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR
- Single Camera5 MP, f/1.9
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.2
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2600 mAh
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2019, April
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy A2 Core
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy A2 Core
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare