The Samsung Galaxy A6+, Black Gold 64GB (4GB RAM) costs Rs.18,900. It comes with a 6 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with 1080 x 2220 pixels at a PPI of 411 (pixels per inch). This flagship is powered by Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 Octa-core processor and comes with 3/4 GB RAM. It also has 32/64 gigs of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB with a microSD card. The phone runs Android 8.1 and a 3350mAh non-removable battery. It measures 160.2 x 75.7 x 7.9 mm and weighs 186gm. Further, it also houses a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- 16 MP rear camera
- Android 8.1
- Battery life of 106 hours
- Snapdragon 450
- Video recording
The phone has a lot going for it, with a 16 MP rear camera and a 6 inch AMOLED screen meant to make your day better. The winning feature here, though is the 106-hour battery life. The phone comes with its shortcomings, however – it doesn’t have the best chipset available on the market its video recording capabilities are not up to par.
Like its little brother, the Galaxy A6+ brings an array of varied features to the table and is one of the best buys in its price range.
The Samsung Galaxy A6+ has a gorgeous 6 inch AMOLED display of 1080×2220 px and an aspect ratio of 18.5:9 at 441 PPI. Samsung runs with the Infinity Display in this model as well, although you will not find the curved screen which is more closely associated with the higher end models that the company offers. It is a big step up from the 720p screen resolution that you get on the A6. The sunlight legibility is good, with the maximum brightness being a decent 378 nits. The phone also has an always-on feature which helps stay in touch with all notifications even when the phone is not turned on.
Moving over to the back, we have the stylised curved antenna band borrowed from last year’s J7. Below that is the dual camera setup and the fingerprint reader. Due to the reader’s proximity to the camera setup, it is possible for someone to smudge the lens accidentally. That being said, the fingerprint reader is always on and is a brilliant tool for unlocking the phone. The Face ID is also available for this access. The A6+ comes with dedicated micro-SD and SIM card slots as well.
At the bottom, you have the micro USB charging slot – even though the Type C port is an industry standard – and the 3.5 mm jack, which can be used to access Dolby Atmos surround sound. The speaker on the side of the phone is also quite loud and adds to the overall experience when it comes to watching videos.
The A6+ runs with a Snapdragon 450 chipset with 3/4GB RAM, which is similar to the Exynos chip which runs the A6. That frankly isn’t good enough considering any competitor at this range, in the market, can provide much better performance.
The camera setup for the A6+ includes a16MP(f/1.7,PDAF) +5MP (f/1.9, Depth Sensor) and LED flash. The main camera is the same as on the A6, which uses facial detection technology and does not have an OIS. There is a “pro mode” where you can change the ISO, select exposure compensation, and choose from the white balance models that are preinstalled in the handset. In good lighting, the A6+ clicks good photos with great details, well-handled noise reduction, and laid back processing. Manually turning on the HDR might seem a bit of a task, but it is worth it if you want to solve your camera issues. At night, however, the photos are nothing but a disappointment – they are dull, noisy and without any vibrant colours.
The selfie camera does an excellent job of taking photos, though, with a front flash and blur effect behind the subject. The selfie portrait mode also works very well with subject separation working brilliantly for the company. Recording videos is not a strong suit for the A6+, as it drags along with a shoot resolution of 1080p without electronic stabilisation.
Power efficiency is outstanding on this phone; despite only having a 3500mAH battery, the A6+ lasts much higher than the A6 on the battery life endurance test – an impressive 106 hours. The OS is a Samsung Experience over the Android oreo OS which has now become a common occurrence for all recent Samsung phones.
The Samsung Galaxy A6+ comes with some excellent upgrades. Perhaps the best feature the phone offers is its battery life which is brilliant compared to all other phones we’ve seen on the market. However, the charging speed is abysmal, due to the Snapdragon 450 processor that the phone flaunts. The severe problems faced with recording videos also raises concern. The Galaxy A6+ is still a brilliant mid-range phone and worth considering its merits.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.31 inches
- Weight186 g
- ColorBlack, Gold, Blue, Lavender
- BuildGlass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
- Width2.98 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.0 inches
- Pixel Density411 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2220 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio75.30%
- CPUOcta-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) One UI
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3/4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide)5 MP, f/1.9, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps, HDR
- Single Camera24 MP, f/1.9, 27mm (wide)
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated micDolby Atmos sound (headphones only)
- Talk TimeUp to 21 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3500 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 60 h
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioStereo FM radio, RDS, recording
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- NFCYes (optional)
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, May
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO R15 Pro₹25,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A50₹16,498Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreOPPO R17₹22,979Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A8 Plus₹21,990Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreMeizu 16₹39,388Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreOPPO K1₹14,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A7 (2018)₹17,990Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A9 2018₹24,980Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A40Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreOPPO R15XAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare