Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Receives NFC Certification
The Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 is expected to be the true successor of the Samsung Galaxy Fold. The first Fold debuted to mixed reviews in spite of establishing itself as one of Samsung’s most innovative designs in years.
Highlights of the Story
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 is said to be the successor to Galaxy Z Fold.
- Rumored launch to be on August 5.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 receives an NFC certification.
A Samsung phone with model number SM-F916U has been certified by the NFC Forum. This is believed to be the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, the successor of the original Samsung Galaxy Fold.
The NFC certification doesn’t reveal much about the smartphone. The other two smartphones said to release soon by Samsung have also received this NFC certification in the past weeks. As per credible tipster Ice Universe, the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series and Galaxy Z Fold 2 launch event will be on August 5th. This is all in speculation since he tweeted.
As far as the designs and looks go, Fold 2 is said to be similar to its predecessor but with some upgrades which can be expected over its original. It will mostly be under the expensive premium phones but we can hope for it to be worth the money with new features and better build.
Also read: Top Samsung Mobile Phones
We’re expecting Samsung to stick to the book-style vertical fold like the original Galaxy Fold. But there can be changes in the design as it fails to hold the weight of its stylus, unlike Galaxy Note’s devices. It is rumoured to have a 7.7″ display with a cover display of 6.23″ and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. Also in speculations are the chipset involved in the smartphone to be 865G along with a huge battery power of 4500/5000mAh. Though, the NFC certifications confirm the 5G and 25W charging capability. There have been rumours of the phone having a hole-punch display and to be the first in Samsung to have in-display selfie camera. Largely speculated is the idea that it will be much bigger than its predecessor and have a better fold design.
The pricing of this foldable phone by Samsung is expected to be expensive as its predecessor. But one can speculate it to be lower than $1,980. It is also said to be carrying the latest version of the in-house One UI software overlay.
Samsung is expected to hold an online Unpacked event on August 5th, where it plans to launch the Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, and the Galaxy Fold successor.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.