Featuring a 5.5 inch Full HD display with 401 PPI density, the Vivo V5 Plus is finally a Full HD phone compared to Vivo’s other models. Running entirely on the 1.8 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 652 chipset processor and the Android 6.0 operating system, with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage space which can be expanded up to 128GB. The rear camera has 13MP LED flash and a set of front cameras of 20MP+8MP. Powered by 3,300mAh battery with quick charging technology, the Vivo V5 Plus comes with several connectivity features like the Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, micro-USB 2.0, etc.
However, at an asking price of almost INR 30,000/-, the V5 Plus is hugely overpriced and is quickly overshadowed by the OnePlus 3T.
In totality, there are a lot of things Vivo does right, while some attributes could have been better. We had the chance to take the phone for a spin, and this is what we were able to assess.
There can be a lot of things that the Vivo V5 Plus has to offer – which includes the set of good cameras, the bright AMOLED display, etc. But to compete with the OnePlus 3T and another big league of phones, this device has to enhance itself a lot more to hold its ground. Here’s a set of a detailed list of pros and cons:
- High-Quality Images
- Tough built
- Decent performance
- AMOLED Display
- Monotonous Aspect Ratio screen instead of the Full-screen notch design
- Average selfie camera
- MicroUSB Charging at the price of fast charging
It can be said that Vivo did take a pretty good attempt and brought its most-loved features (and a few delightful upgrades) with this device – but is still miles behind the expectations at the given price range.
The Vivo V5 Plus is guilty of setting the same monotonous design for which it was built to be distinct from in the first place.
Okay, so Vivo has heard the complaints about its lack of a full HD display in other models and finally releases its full HD viewing – but at a much higher cost. Featuring a 5.5inch Color IPS AMOLED screen, this device is known for its thin bezels and 2.5D curved glass which adds a certain charm to the entire phone. Not any lacking, but the display is beautiful but would have been great at the full screen, notched design display just like for its competitors.
Having a dimension of 52.6 x 74 x 7.3 mm and weighing at 158grams, the Vivo V5 Plus feels pretty light and has a smooth finished look. But due to same aspect ratio screens, it looks and feels no different than the other Vivo, Oppo phones in the market which comes at half the price that of this smartphone. However, this phone is built strong and looks stylish cum durable. The little detailing punched speaker holes, micro USB port – are all arranged and looks proper finishing to add the spark to this device.
The V5 Plus comes powered by the 2 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 4GB RAM and Adreno 506 GPU keeping the operation lag-free. However, it is the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System which is outdated and is a deal breaker at this asking price. For playing high-end phones like Asphalt Airborne, the device ran pretty smooth, but while multi-tasking between apps can have slower loading times.
The V5 Plus had a 20MP camera and now comes with an additional 8MP camera in the front – while the rear camera now also has a 16MP rear sensor that can shoot through the day and night. The beautiful Bokeh effects, whitening skin tones, selfie modes and other features this front camera is maybe not the best but is undoubtedly one of the very best cameras with smartphones that you’d find in the market.
The Vivo V5 Plus uses a 3055mAh Li-ion battery that isn’t a juice gobbler – thanks to the Snapdragon 630 processor. It sports a dual engine quick charging technique that requires only 2 hours to charge the phones fully.
Aimed entirely towards the Instagram savvy people out in front, the beautiful bokeh images are the USP of this device. But there’s plenty of things which needs to be upgraded to make the Vivo V5 Plus hold its ground, if not finishing on the top of the line with some of the biggest flagship phone makers across the world.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Back Camera16 MP
- Thickness0.29 inches
- Height6.01 inches
- Weight158.6 g
- ColorGold, Gray
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Screen Resolution1080X1920
- Pixel Density401 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Size5.25 inch to 5.5 inch
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio73.80%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm)
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 6 (Marshmallow) Funtouch 3
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- Expandable MemoryNo
- Storage64 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Dual Camera20 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.88 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3160 mAh
- Battery Capacity3160 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, January
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, January
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo V5 Plus
- Evolution Of Smartphones In The Last DecadeThu, 27 Feb'20Smartphones are everywhere. It is quite hard to imagine life without them, as software and hardware companies have worked seamlessly over the years to fit in the maximum amount of features in a small device. But the journey from the very first smartphone from BlackBerry to the current behemoth that is the iPhone X, has…
- They say the best time of year to buy a used, refurbished iPhone is in the months of October to December. This is because of the fact that there are a lot of last years used iPhones in the market since everyone is rushing to buy the latest one launched by Apple. Also read: How…
- The 5 Most Beautiful Nokia Phones EverThu, 27 Feb'20Nokia, once known as the king of the phone industry is now making a comeback with its latest series of phones with new technologies.Let us take a walk down down the memory lane and look into the 5 most beautiful creations from the ex-giant, which back in the day, gave us tons of beautifully designed and…
- So you’ve found yourself in a situation where you need to repair your smartphone’s broken screen again. Now, there’s always the usual route – changing your smartphone screen at a local repair shop. But chances are high that if you do not know the place that you will get ripped off. The other solution is…
- Top 5 Internet Speed Testing AppsThu, 27 Feb'20Speedtest.net: This is probably the most popular speed test app on Android. There’s a good chance that you might have also used this before. Speedtest.net has actually raised and set the quality standards for speed testing apps globally. The app allows you to test your connection, speed, quality, and everything else you can think of.…
- How To Calculate The Re-Sale Value Of A PhoneThu, 27 Feb'20There always come those moments when we believe that we have spent enough time with our current phone. And that, now the time is ripe to sell it and buy another new and better device. However, it’s easier said than done. One of the most important factors to decide which phone to buy, for many,…
- How To Sell Your Old Smartphone On CashifyThu, 27 Feb'20With each and every day technology is evolving and so are we. With daily upgrading technology, we also get the urge of owning a new iteration of the gadget over their previous one and the most countable among them is your smartphone. Isn’t so? But, the biggest question that becomes the concern is, what will…
- Which Smartphones Do Indian Cricketers Use?Thu, 27 Feb'20Indian cricket is a global phenomenon and in this era of smartphone dominance people, fans are quite interested in knowing every small aspect related to their stars. Which includes the all smartphones they use. Obviously, smartphones have become a necessity. And there are plenty of varieties of high-end smartphones available in the market. Brand Quotient A smartphone used by…
- Silicon Valley Billionaire CEOs’ Smartphone ChoicesThu, 27 Feb'20Silicon Valley is a hub of brilliant, high-tech companies in the US. From Apple, Amazon, Tesla, YouTube and Uber, all the major companies reside in Silicon Valley. It’s where all the innovation happens.What do the people running these companies rely on as their daily driver? When you’re spearheading innovation into entire industries on your own,…
- Comparison: Apple iPhone 11 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 LiteThu, 20 Feb'20The newly arrived Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has been taking over the budget flagships category, where it takes on the OnePlus 7T, the ROG Phone 2 and the iPhone 11. But the most interesting topic that the people are confused about is “How Does it Compare to Apple’s iPhone 11”, and that’s what we will…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare