Featuring a 5.5 inch Full HD display with 401 PPI density, the Vivo V5 Plus is finally a Full HD phone compared to Vivo’s other models. Running entirely on the 1.8 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 652 chipset processor and the Android 6.0 operating system, with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage space which can be expanded up to 128GB. The rear camera has 13MP LED flash and a set of front cameras of 20MP+8MP. Powered by 3,300mAh battery with quick charging technology, the Vivo V5 Plus comes with several connectivity features like the Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, micro-USB 2.0, etc.
However, at an asking price of almost INR 30,000/-, the V5 Plus is hugely overpriced and is quickly overshadowed by the OnePlus 3T.
In totality, there are a lot of things Vivo does right, while some attributes could have been better. We had the chance to take the phone for a spin, and this is what we were able to assess.
There can be a lot of things that the Vivo V5 Plus has to offer – which includes the set of good cameras, the bright AMOLED display, etc. But to compete with the OnePlus 3T and another big league of phones, this device has to enhance itself a lot more to hold its ground. Here’s a set of a detailed list of pros and cons:
- High-Quality Images
- Tough built
- Decent performance
- AMOLED Display
- Monotonous Aspect Ratio screen instead of the Full-screen notch design
- Average selfie camera
- MicroUSB Charging at the price of fast charging
It can be said that Vivo did take a pretty good attempt and brought its most-loved features (and a few delightful upgrades) with this device – but is still miles behind the expectations at the given price range.
The Vivo V5 Plus is guilty of setting the same monotonous design for which it was built to be distinct from in the first place.
Okay, so Vivo has heard the complaints about its lack of a full HD display in other models and finally releases its full HD viewing – but at a much higher cost. Featuring a 5.5inch Color IPS AMOLED screen, this device is known for its thin bezels and 2.5D curved glass which adds a certain charm to the entire phone. Not any lacking, but the display is beautiful but would have been great at the full screen, notched design display just like for its competitors.
Having a dimension of 52.6 x 74 x 7.3 mm and weighing at 158grams, the Vivo V5 Plus feels pretty light and has a smooth finished look. But due to same aspect ratio screens, it looks and feels no different than the other Vivo, Oppo phones in the market which comes at half the price that of this smartphone. However, this phone is built strong and looks stylish cum durable. The little detailing punched speaker holes, micro USB port – are all arranged and looks proper finishing to add the spark to this device.
The V5 Plus comes powered by the 2 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 4GB RAM and Adreno 506 GPU keeping the operation lag-free. However, it is the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System which is outdated and is a deal breaker at this asking price. For playing high-end phones like Asphalt Airborne, the device ran pretty smooth, but while multi-tasking between apps can have slower loading times.
The V5 Plus had a 20MP camera and now comes with an additional 8MP camera in the front – while the rear camera now also has a 16MP rear sensor that can shoot through the day and night. The beautiful Bokeh effects, whitening skin tones, selfie modes and other features this front camera is maybe not the best but is undoubtedly one of the very best cameras with smartphones that you’d find in the market.
The Vivo V5 Plus uses a 3055mAh Li-ion battery that isn’t a juice gobbler – thanks to the Snapdragon 630 processor. It sports a dual engine quick charging technique that requires only 2 hours to charge the phones fully.
Aimed entirely towards the Instagram savvy people out in front, the beautiful bokeh images are the USP of this device. But there’s plenty of things which needs to be upgraded to make the Vivo V5 Plus hold its ground, if not finishing on the top of the line with some of the biggest flagship phone makers across the world.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.29 inches
- Height6.01 inches
- Weight158.6 g
- ColorGold, Gray
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Pixel Density401 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 5
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio73.80%
- CPUOcta-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPQualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm)
- GPUAdreno 506
- OSAndroid 6 (Marshmallow) Funtouch 3
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Dual Camera20 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.88 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features32-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3160 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, January
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, January
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo V5 Plus
- Top 5 Smartphones In 2020 With Best Cameras!Thu, 13 Aug'20Smartphones have come a long way in the past few years in terms of their optic performance. These days the smartphones are capable of delivering some really good photos without much additional effort or equipment. These smartphones are extremely portable and use powerful AI and processing abilities to give the best possible image output. If you are looking to purchase a new smartphone with good optics overall and want the best possible output, this article shows you some of the best available options that help you ditch your primary camera in favor of the smartphone for quick photo runs.
- Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones To Buy In 2020!Thu, 13 Aug'20Several new smartphones are launched each month in India and a lot of them are manufactured in China. This includes smartphones from brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, Vivo, and OnePlus. In the past few months, there has been a lot of talk about the anti-china movement in India with users striving to reduce the usage of Chinese goods. In the wake of this movement, a lot of users are shifting to smartphones that have less reliance on China, if you are one among them then this list is for you. We have curated a list of some of the best smartphones that you can buy in 2020 that are not Chinese.
- Technological advancement is something that’s increasing at a lightning-fast speed. We just purchase the flagship phone of a company and just after a few days or months, a better smartphone with much better specs is released in the market. Universal Flash Storage (UFS) has improved a lot from the time it was first introduced. But who knows what else is there in the company's mind and what amazing innovations we might see in the upcoming UFS chips. Here we Explain all the Different types of UFS storages and does it make any difference in Performance.
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare