With the patent gradient design of Vivo, Vivo Y17 looks to please the audience. Priced at Rs. 17,990, the phone is quite sturdy and capable at the mid-range price that it comes in.
The Vivo Y17 provides the user with a good design and capable performance. One of the killer features of the phone is the large battery, which is essential in the power-hungry smartphones of this time. Overall, the Vivo Y17 comes out as an admirable model for a mid-range crowd.
The Vivo Y17 will draw your attention over several other mid-range models. It has a few pros and cons:
- The phone arrives with Vivo’s premium and well-accepted gradient design.
- The phone has a decent display that provides punchy and bright colours.
- Vivo Y17 gets its power from a decent mid-range processor which does not undergo any hiccups while multitasking.
- Vivo Y17 has a massive battery which makes sure that you get enough fuel to last for two days.
- Vivo Y17 comes with poor screen-to-body ratio; hence, it does not provide an immersive experience.
- The phone has poor cameras which do not capture good shots.
- In general, Vivo Y17 gets it right with most of its hardware. However, the camera could have been a better one. If you are looking for performance and long-lasting battery, then Vivo Y17 can be a great phone to consider.
Vivo Y17 may not score top marks in the camera department, but as a mid-range phone, it has all the potential to capture the market and contend for the first rank.
Vivo Y17 arrives with a 6.35-inch IPS LCD with a water drop notch. It has a resolution of 720 x 1544 pixel. The notch is tiny, and it has minimal bezels, which give you a screen to body ratio of 81.91%. However, nowadays, the phone goes for screen to body ratio above 90%, so this may seem a bit dated.
The colors are punchy and vibrant. The contrast appears good. It is a FullHD display, but few would spot the pixels on the screen.
Vivo Y17 has a fashionable look to it. In the front, you have a beautiful LCD screen. If you flip it over, you will encounter the polycarbonate back, which is translucent and has a glossy gradient finish along with texture. It is, however, a fingerprint magnet. You will also find a vertical camera panel which has a snappy fingerprint response.
The Vivo Y17 is a bit chunky due to the powerhouse battery that it comes with. At the bottom, you get the 3.5mm headphone jack as well – a pleasure if you are a traditionalist. It also has the old micro-USB port, which is a bit dated, considering the many phones that arrive with USB Type-C port these days. It is a Dual SIM phone.
Vivo Y17 is a decent performer, in both gaming and multitasking. It comes with the octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 chipset. It is clocked at about 2.3 GHz. It is paired with 4GB RAM. As per comparison, the performance of the phone falls in between the Snapdragon 625 and the Snapdragon 636. Snapdragon 600 series is one of the mid-range power packers, and the Helio P35 is no less. Multitasking is quite smooth and does not have any hiccups.
Similarly, casual games can run smoothly without any problem. However, there can be small animation lags in case of multitasking. High-end games like PUBG can only be played at low setting for the proper experience.
This phone comes with three cameras on its back. The Primary camera is a 13MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture. An ultra-wide 8MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture supports it, and there is another 2MP depth-sensing camera with an f/2.4 aperture. The daylight shots are okay on this camera.
However, the bokeh is not very good. It does provide an average blur effect. The autofocus is quite fast. However, it fumbles when it comes to nighttime shots. There is a bit of visible grain that is captured by the camera. In daylight, the colors are pretty accurate too. Indoors, the colors may appear a bit washed out.
The phone arrives with a 20MP single selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture. The selfies come out great with accurate colors. For selfie aficionados, this phone will not disappoint.
One of the best features of this phone is the massive 5000 mAh battery. It can run different apps and games without losing all its fuel. With two days in hand, it can stay at 7-8%, which is enormous for a phone.
Since battery life is one of the main gripes among modern smartphones, this phone makes sure you have enough of it. It comes with fast charging too, but it takes quite some time to fuel up this huge battery pack, going for more than 1 and a half hours.
The Vivo Y17 is a mid-range phone, and it delivers most of the aspects which you would expect from a mid-range phone. Its triple-set camera is desirable through the images do not come out as lively.
However, the chief power-packer is the battery, which can pull the phone through two days without a problem.
The performance is decent but it is not a gaming phone, so gaming will not be its forte. It can be your mid-range choice. However, it may not be able to compete with other alternatives like Redmi Note 7 Pro, especially since it is priced a bit higher and has lower specifications.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.28 inches
- Weight190.5 g
- ColorMineral Blue, Mystic Purple, Peach Pink, Peacock Blue
- BuildGlass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Width3.02 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.35 inches
- Pixel Density268 ppi
- Display Resolution720 x 1544 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.3:9
- Screen to Body Ratio81.40%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- GPUPowerVR GE8320
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) Funtouch 9
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Triple Camera13 MP, f/2.28 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide)2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera20 MP, f/2.0
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity5000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, April
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, April
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo Y17
Get the best price for Vivo Y17
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- OPPO Reno4 Pro₹34,990Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare