The Y69 comes with 5.5 inches Color IPS screen Multitouch screen and an Octa Core 1.5 GHz Mediatek Helio MT6750 processor with 3GB RAM, working entirely on the Android 7.1 (Nougat) software. With the 16MP selfie camera and 13MP rear camera with face detection, Panorama, HDR Video recording at 720p, the images come out to be decent and with enhanced clarity. This device has an internal memory of 32GB and provides several connectivity features like GPRS/EDGE/3G/4G/VoLTE/Wifi etc.
The Vivo Y69 is one of those phones that has an excellent build quality despite being a medium level phone, with a few shortcomings as well. But, if you aren’t looking for a phone that gives unique images and has a premium feel to its design, then this might not be the phone you’d likely purchase. Here are the detailed set of pros and cons for the Y69:
- Stylish metal unibody design
- Bright display
- A pretty good set of cameras
- Medium range processors
- Decent storage capacity
- Overpriced, because of much better options available by other brands at a lower price
- Low resolution leading to reduced quality viewing
- No FM Radio
Overall, the Y69 delivers some of the handpicked features for the intermediate level users who spend a lot of time clicking photos and being on social media. Apart from that, this premium-ish smartphone doesn’t come with any distinct features that could have proved to be a strong point in this phone.
The Vivo Y69 is primarily a selfie phone with decent image output that has a mid-range price and apt for the social media crowd.
With a 5.5 inches Color IPS screen and 2,5D curved glass on the front having 1280 x 720 pixels, this smartphone used to look bright few years back. But now that there are several Full HD+ display smartphones below INR 10,000/- range, the Y69 is hugely overshadowed because of its low resolution and the higher side in its price range.
This device has the dimensions of 154.6 x 75.7 x 7.7 mm and weighs 162 g, thanks to its metal unibody design which makes it have an alluring design along with the slim bezels and the small fingerprint scanner below the home screen. The backlit back and the menu buttons that are also present below the home screen are too fast to use.
The Octa Core MediaTek Helio MT6750 Processor clocked at 1.5Hz at 3GB RAM, working on the Android 7.1 (Oreo) interface falls short in terms of speed and strength when compared to the Snapdragon variety of its competitors like the Redmi Note 4, etc. It comes with ARM MaIi – T860 MP2 processor to keep the daily operations smooth and keeps up to that promise, except when graphics-rich content is accessed.
The Y69, as we said before can be primarily called as a selfie phone that has a 16MP selfie camera with dedicated LED Flash with tonnes of features like Face Beauty, Group Selfie, Portrait mode, Live photos, etc. The 13MP rear camera, on the other hand, renders decent images but only if you stay indoors and in the right lighting conditions. The low light and sunny outdoors may oversaturate or give a washed out look to the colours in the images. This device also supports video recording at 720p in Face detection, HDR, Panorama mode which is again overshadowed by the more compelling features in other models at a lesser price range.
The Vivo Y69 comes with a non-removable 3,000mAh battery that has a decent battery life even after heavy usage, lasting up to a full day of clicking selfies, gaming, music, social media and some videos. However, because of lack of any quick charging feature, it takes up to 2 hours for getting this device fully charged.
Overall, it can be said that the Vivo Y69 looks and feels premium with its design, pretty good cameras and decent battery life – exclusively meant for the selfie-loving crowd of people. For others, if you’re looking for a phone that has an excellent and fast performance along with an enhanced viewing experience, this might not be your first choice of phones.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.30 inches
- Height6.09 inches
- Weight162.8 g
- ColorGold, Matte Black
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel Density267 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio71.40%
- CPUOcta-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- OSAndroid 7.0 (Nougat) Funtouch 3.2
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6750 (28 nm)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.2
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP, f/2.0
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Vivo Y69
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
Discover Phones Best For You
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare