Atmanirbhar Bharat: Govt Launches Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge
Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge comes as a move to meet the growing need for home-grown computer hardware. In addition, all of this will take place under the Ministry of Information Technology.
Highlights of the Story
- The top 10 teams will receive seed funding and incubation support.
- This contest is open to all Indian students pursuing Engineering as a discipline.
Indian Government launched a new contest “Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge” under the aim of Atmanirbhar Bharat. This will help in promoting home-grown microprocessor manufacturing and designing.
Moreover, the Ministry of Electronics and IT indigenously developed microprocessors ‘Shakti’ and ‘Vega’ under its Microprocessor Development Programme.
Details on the Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge
The registrations for Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge started from August 18th on the MyGov website. In addition, 100 shortlisted companies get a total grant of Rs 1 crore to build a prototype. Whereas, the 25 finalists will win Rs 1 crore each.
The top 10 teams will get a seed fund of total Rs 2.3 crores and 12 months of incubation support. This will all be under the Ministry of Information Technology.
The Government states that it will provide further impetus to the strong ecosystem of Start-up, innovation, and research in the country. Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge will be spread over 10 months with the aim to meet the growing need for homegrown compute hardware. This will become a part of all smart devices deployed across various domains including public utility services, surveillance, environmental monitoring, and more.
Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge is open to all Indian students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees in Engineering disciplines with Indian colleges and universities. Teams cannot have more than 5 students and 2 faculty members. The participants can also make use of microprocessors developed under the previous “Microprocessor Development Programme.”
The scope of the challenge spreads across a broad spectrum. Its application is including space, defense and nuclear energy and to mitigate the costs and dependence on external vendors.
If interested in registering for the challenge, you can Register here!
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.