Call of Duty Mobile Racks Up 250 Million Downloads
Call of Duty: Mobile from Activision recently racked up 250 million downloads which are higher than PUBG Mobile’s 236 million downloads in the same period.
Highlights of the Story
- Call of Duty: Mobile reports 250 million downloads in one year since its release.
- COD: Mobile is ahead of PUBG Mobile downloads at 236 million in the same period.
- PUBG Mobile has over 600 million downloads as of December 2019.
PUBG Mobile is currently the undisputed leader when it comes to its sheer popularity on both iOS and Android platforms followed by other battle royale games. Call of Duty: Mobile from Activision is another fastest growing game in the battle royale genre and as per the latest report by Sensor Tower Store Intelligence, Call of Duty has already surpassed the mark of 250 million downloads worldwide after its release on October 1, 2019. These stats do give it a much-needed edge against its competitors PUBG Mobile and Fortnite.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
According to the report, Call of Duty: Mobile managed to accumulate 250 million downloads in 265 days since its release while PUBG Mobile managed to reckon 236 million downloads in the same time frame back in April 2019 when it completed one year. The third-largest contender in the battle royale genre is Fortnite that reckoned 78 million downloads in the one year after its launch.
Sensor Tower has elaborated its research according to which Call of Duty: Mobile is extremely popular in the United States followed by India and Brazil. Moreover, the game managed to rack up $327 million in player spending globally. Historically, January recorded the lowest stats for this year while the spending began to increase in February and it has reported an overall high of $53 million in May which is 62% increment over the spending reported in January. No doubt one of the reasons behind the increase in player spending is the ongoing lockdown across the globe.
Moving ahead, Call of Duty: Mobile reported 78% more spending than PUBG Mobile and 83% more spending compared to Fortnite in the same period. Note that there’s still a long way for Call of Duty: Mobile to surpass total downloads recorded by PUBG Mobile i.e. 600 million as of December 2019. Moreover, there’s Garena Free Fire that is toppling a few charts with over 500 million downloads reported on Android alone.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…