Apple Holds Digital-Only WWDC 2020 At Apple Park Spaceship
Apple finally holds WWDC 2020 at its Apple Park Spaceship campus releasing a tonne of software upgrades from iOS 14, iPadOS 14 to macOS Big Sur.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple launches a string of software including iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, macOS Big Sur at WWDC 2020.
- AirPods gets seamless switching between devices & spatial audio.
- iOS 14 gets Android inspired Apple Clips, Dynamic Widgets, App Library and more.
The WWDC 2020 has concluded and we have a tonne of new software updates to check out including the all-powerful iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, macOS Big Sur, a new set of features to AirPods and AirPods Pro and others.
Also read: Mobile Phones With The Best Display
Talking about iOS 14, it is the latest iteration from Apple where the Cupertino-based company has tweaked the user interface to a great extent. The home screen has been revamped completely like never before. It now allows the categorization of apps under “App Library”. The “Apple Clips” allows users to try an app without installing it which is similar to Android’s Instant Apps. iOS 14 arrives with dynamic widgets that users can add, resize, and customize while a Smart Stack feature allows adding both widgets and icons on the home screen. Now Siri won’t hijack the whole screen and neither the call screen as Apple has sorted it out.
Next up, the iPadOS 14 has inculcated all the features of iOS 14 plus its own giving it the prowess of a computer. Apple has improved the handwriting using Apple Pencil where what you write in your handwriting is translated in any font you like. The Sidebar added on the left side of the screen gives you the ease of navigation that takes you wherever you want without any hassle.
AirPods have received two major updates, the Spacial Audio feature uses accelerometers and location techniques to give a surreal surround sound experience. Next up, there’s seamless switching between the devices allowing users to use AirPods paired with multiple Apple devices without manually pairing it.
The watchOS 7 gets a tonne of new features as well including Face Sharing that allows users to download faces from the internet or social media in a jiffy. Secondly, the Sleep Tracking feature has been added that gives insights on sleeping patterns and more giving it a boost compared to its competitors.
Apple has finally unleashed its next-gen macOS v11 Big Sur named after a beautiful mountainous terrain in Coastal California. There is a revamped Control Center and Notification Center that gives Big Sur its big shot of features plus the Safari has been revamped as well.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.