Apple Releases Overhauled macOS “Big Sur” At WWDC 2020
The next-gen Apple macOS Big Sur is here with an overhauled design with Notification Centre & Control Centre among other features.
Highlights of the Story
- macOS Big Sur is a refined version with improved visual cues.
- Control Centre & Notification Centre gives macOS Big Sur an iOS-like feel.
- Safari has been overhauled for a refined user experience.
The next big thing that was announced at the WWDC 2020 by Apple is the latest macOS Big Sur. Named after a mountainous terrain in California, the Big Sur does bring a lot of features on-board. Apple has managed to overhaul the user interface of Big Sur that brings it much closer to iOS and iPadOS where the latter is almost the amalgamation of both iOS and macOS.
Also read: Mobile Phones With The Best Display
The macOS Big Sur has been refined in terms of its visual languages with cues from other operating systems under Apple’s ecosystem as aforementioned. The OS looks spacious thanks to the various improved visual cues including curved window corners, colour palette, and more. With that being said, the dynamic widgets have trickled down to Big Sur. The new version has an improved messaging interface with the inclusion of pinned conversations, grouping, and editing. The Memoji feature has gone live as well.
Also read: Best Vivo Mobile Phones
Next up, the macOS Big Sur has received a Control Centre that gives quick access controls right on the desktop just like how you would flick to raise Control Centre on your iPhone. The all-new Notification Centre is available as well with interactive notifications, grouping, and more.
Further, the Safari that was released in 2003 has also received a much-needed upgrade. Safari is well-known for its prowess over other browsers on Mac and it is an average 50% faster than Google Chrome that could be called a RAM eating monster, to be honest. Apple has reworked how Safari works by reiterating the tabs options, quick view of pages by hovering, and other improvements.
The Apple Maps on macOS Big Sur has received a major overhaul as well. Search for anything you want from airports to shopping centres to restaurants in a 360-degree view. There’s an easy way to track cycling and electric vehicle routes on the map and sync it with your iPhone when you are in a hurry. Apple has also worked on upgrading the privacy aspect of Big Sur offering transparent and overall control over data.
- We’ll compare Nothing OS Vs Oxygen OS and will know how both software integrates with your daily life. In contrast to One UI, Oxygen OS provides the closest experience to stock Android. In addition to changing the order of several headers, the OnePlus 9RT makes a few minor adjustments. However, the Nothing Phone 1, which…
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…