Canalys: Huawei Is The World’s Biggest Smartphone Brand
Due to the usual lockdown by local government, import shipment from various companies across the globe got delayed. Huawei for the very first time leads the Canalys shipment report. Huawei records over 55.8 million units shipped across the globe.
Highlights of the Story
- 53.7 million units were sold by Samsung as recorded by Canalys in Q2 2020 Shipments.
- Huawei made over 55.8 million units shipped. Thus leading the chart with only a 5% dip in YoY market share.
- Samsung faced a 30% decline in the YoY market share.
According to the report shared by Canalys, Huawei Smartphone Brand turns out to be the game turner by marking the most number of shipped units. It has become the biggest smartphone maker in shipment terms. While Apple and Samsung have faced various constraints amid the lockdown in many monopolized countries, Huawei has been able to ship more than any other Chinese mobile brand.
Turning out as Huawei Biggest Smartphone Brand, the company shipped over 55.8 million units marking an 8% YoY growth in China. Hence, the total brand’s shipment has increased to 72% up from 64% since Q2 2019. On the counterpart, Huawei has acknowledged a dip of 5% in overall shipment compared to the same quarter since last year.
“Huawei Biggest Smartphone Brand”, How?
Samsung doesn’t have much customer base in China. China faced the lockdown in Q1 2020. Hence, Samsung didn’t felt an impact in that quarter. When the situation gets worsed and the pandemic starts spreading across various other nations, Q2 2020 had initiated. The beginning of the quarter saw a strict lockdown in India. The lockdown brought every economic activity to a standstill and Samsung who has a major capture on India’s mobile market started losing its smartphone sales and delayed imports.
Also Read: Nubia Red Magic 5S Launched In China
The Huawei spokesperson said, “Our business has demonstrated exceptional resilience in these difficult times. Amidst a period of unprecedented global economic slowdown and challenges, we’ve continued to grow and further our leadership position by providing innovative products and experience to consumers.”
Ben Stanton proclaimed that if COVID-19 hasn’t have happened Huawei Smartphone Brand would never be able to surpass Samsung. She added, “Huawei has taken full advantage of the Chinese economic recovery to reignite its smartphone business.” Being blocked by Google Service is a huge turn off for the buyers despite the fact it Huawei smartphone demonstrates superior hardware.
It is expected that things would go normal as the unlock sequence has begun in Indian and many other markets. It is expected that Samsung will again lead the show with the most number of units shipped and sold globally.
Also read: Smartphone News
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…