Canalys: Huawei Is The World’s Biggest Smartphone Brand
Due to the usual lockdown by local government, import shipment from various companies across the globe got delayed. Huawei for the very first time leads the Canalys shipment report. Huawei records over 55.8 million units shipped across the globe.
Highlights of the Story
- 53.7 million units were sold by Samsung as recorded by Canalys in Q2 2020 Shipments.
- Huawei made over 55.8 million units shipped. Thus leading the chart with only a 5% dip in YoY market share.
- Samsung faced a 30% decline in the YoY market share.
According to the report shared by Canalys, Huawei Smartphone Brand turns out to be the game turner by marking the most number of shipped units. It has become the biggest smartphone maker in shipment terms. While Apple and Samsung have faced various constraints amid the lockdown in many monopolized countries, Huawei has been able to ship more than any other Chinese mobile brand.
Turning out as Huawei Biggest Smartphone Brand, the company shipped over 55.8 million units marking an 8% YoY growth in China. Hence, the total brand’s shipment has increased to 72% up from 64% since Q2 2019. On the counterpart, Huawei has acknowledged a dip of 5% in overall shipment compared to the same quarter since last year.
“Huawei Biggest Smartphone Brand”, How?
Samsung doesn’t have much customer base in China. China faced the lockdown in Q1 2020. Hence, Samsung didn’t felt an impact in that quarter. When the situation gets worsed and the pandemic starts spreading across various other nations, Q2 2020 had initiated. The beginning of the quarter saw a strict lockdown in India. The lockdown brought every economic activity to a standstill and Samsung who has a major capture on India’s mobile market started losing its smartphone sales and delayed imports.
Also Read: Nubia Red Magic 5S Launched In China
The Huawei spokesperson said, “Our business has demonstrated exceptional resilience in these difficult times. Amidst a period of unprecedented global economic slowdown and challenges, we’ve continued to grow and further our leadership position by providing innovative products and experience to consumers.”
Ben Stanton proclaimed that if COVID-19 hasn’t have happened Huawei Smartphone Brand would never be able to surpass Samsung. She added, “Huawei has taken full advantage of the Chinese economic recovery to reignite its smartphone business.” Being blocked by Google Service is a huge turn off for the buyers despite the fact it Huawei smartphone demonstrates superior hardware.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.