Smartphone Shipments Decline 41% In Q2 2020: Research
A nationwide lockdown and disruptive supply chains affected the shipments of smartphones for Q2 2020.
Highlights of the Story
- Shipments declined by 41 percent in Q2 2020.
- Signs of revival seen in the second half of the year.
A research firm CMR, states that disruption in supply chains and the nationwide lockdown affected the smartphone industry immensely this quarter. A dip in shipments declines to 41% in Q2 2020 affected the country.
However, the industry is showing some signs of revival or recovery in the second half of this year.
With Chinese smartphone players’ market share dipping to 73%, it is helping Samsung to shine. Although, the research firm highlights three top brands in the quarter. Xiaomi with 30% market share, Samsung with a 24% market share, and Vivo gets a 17% market share in the industry.
“As a consequence of the pandemic, Q2 2020 was, in essence, a lost quarter. While the mobile handset industry faced multiple challenges with respect to their supply and demand-side dynamics, the industry looks set on the path to a potential recovery in the coming months,” said Amit Sharma, Manager-Industry Intelligence Group, CMR.
At the same time, Nokia and Apple’s shares have declined.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy M31s Launched In India
Leading Brands in the Industry now?
Meanwhile, Vivo’s V and Y series were popular and gave a 55 percent share in the shipment. On the other hand, shipments of both Realme and Oppo witnessed a two to three percent decline in Q2. Oppo was also under the top 5 brands this quarter.
In conclusion, the smartphone industry is looking for a great quarter with the festive season just around the corner.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…