OnePlus Nord Users Complain About Screen Tinting Issues
OnePlus’s budget offering smartphone, Nord, users are reporting some issues regarding tinting.
Highlights of the Story
- OnePlus Nord users are reporting screen tints at low brightness levels.
- The company says its a hardware issue.
- It appeared in OnePlus 8 Pro models too.
As is the trend with every launch of a smartphone, issues regarding them arise. It is now happening with OnePlus Nord. Similarly, Nord seems to have display issues according to users.
According to the reports, the early adopters of the Nord are complaining about multiple display issues. In which, the most common is tinting of the screen. However, it is a problem for users who use it in a dimly lit room.
As per 9to5Google, users on the official OnePlus forum and Reddit are reporting of these color tints at low brightness levels. Most of the users are complaining of green, purple, or yellow screen tints. Meanwhile, the display brightness dips below 25%, the darker portions of the display exhibit color cast or colored tinting towards the lower half.
However, OnePlus states “under specific circumstances of low brightness, slight discoloration may occur due to the properties of the AMOLED display – this is characteristic of all OLED displays, and the degree of discoloration will vary depending on other properties of the display. This is not a quality issue and will not affect daily usage or the durability of the screen. OnePlus will continue to look into cutting-edge display technologies and strive to deliver the best user experience possible.”
Also Read: OnePlus Nord Launched in India
Display issues: Not the first time
Likewise, it happened in 2019 too, with the OnePlus 8 series models. The issue of screen tinting was also found then. But, it was later addressed through OTA update.
Along with that came, a black-crush problem, which is characterized by blocks of different shades of black when a pure black image is displayed on the screen. This the company claimed was a hardware issue and cannot be rectified by a software update. The company gave a solution in the form of repair, refund or replacement for their devices.
In the same vein, Screen tinting at low brightness is common on OLED screens, regardless of the phone or display manufacturer. This is happening to many manufacturers in the market still. But this looks like a consistent problem by OnePlus now.
However, the company has addressed its issues very quickly and promptly as always via their forum.
The Nord’s screen is better than you’d expect for the price between its 90Hz refresh rate and a quick in-display fingerprint reader, but that doesn’t mean it’s free of limitations.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 35000
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…