CES 2020: TCL To Launch First Foldable 5G Smartphone
You must have seen how the world of smartphones has evolved from just being a way to communicate to now being a complete PC in your hands. Generally, we see that every company manufactures a new iteration of its previous flagship that is full of new design and features.
But from the last few years, we saw that the new flagships were almost identical to their last year’s versions. The new iterations would have a few tweaks here and there which did not justify an upgrade every year. But we now have a radically new era of smartphones as a new category of foldable has come into existence. Talking about foldable, these are the smartphones that can become a larger version of themselves or folded into half.
One concern about foldable smartphones that were released last year, like the Galaxy Fold, Motorola Razr and other concepts was its price tag. Foldable smartphones used to be expensive, but that’s about to change now.
Right at the start of this year at CES 2020, we now have a new foldable phone concept from TCL, which is the cheapest foldable device we have seen yet. This new foldable phone from TCL also comes with 5G support.
At the moment, TCL’s 5G foldable smartphone is only a prototype that is not for sale for consumers now. But we do know that the smartphone will run on Android 9.0 Pie. Also, the Foldable TCL smartphone features a clamshell that opens up to reveal a 7.2-inch flexible touchscreen. The device has four cameras in total including a primary sensor, a low-light sensor, a wide-angle lens as well as a macro sensor. TCL also reveals at CES 2020 that a Snapdragon 765 or 765G processor would power its device.
As we mentioned earlier, it is still not clear when the TCL foldable 5G phone is releasing as the company does not even have a working prototype right now. But the company’s promise to give a foldable 5G phone under $500 should shake up the industry to develop affordable foldable smartphones that come to the masses.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…