Google Looking To Replace Duo With Meet: Report
Google today has two video calling apps, Meet and Duo. Moreover, sources familiar with this tell us that Google Duo will eventually be replaced by Meet.
Highlights of the Story
- Google Meet can replace Duo in about two years.
- The decision to merge the two services was by G Suite head Javier Soltero.
Google’s Meet is now a major competitor to Zoom as an alternative. This is happening in the rise of the work-from-home culture around the world along with remote learning. On the other hand, Google placed its communication services — Duo, Messages, and Android’s Phone app — under the leadership of G Suite head Javier Soltero in May this year.
In a report by 9to5Google, G Suite head spoke on how Duo and Meet coexisting in the same field does not make sense to his employees.
Also Read: LG K31s Spotted In US FCC Listing
This plan will come to fruition with several key features of Duo moving over to Google’s Meet. Many key features like end-to-end encryption, contacting users for a video via a phone number, and even 3D effects.
According to reports, the development team of Duo would be handling the further development of Meet. In a report, Google’s Meet is growing daily with 3 million new users. As compared to 10 million signups per week for Duo. This leaves behind the Duo’s growth.
Internally, this is being described as a merger of the two services which is codenamed “Duet” – Duo and Meet. Google’s new roadmap shares new features that it will be bringing to Meet to aid the education system.
According to 9to5Google, this new transition could take up to two years.
Also Read: iPhone 12 Launch Delayed To October
In a statement given to 9to5Google, it states Google is “fully invested in Duo.” Also. it will continue to invest in “building new Duo features and delivering a delightful experience for our users, customers, and partners.” It also adds that Google is looking at ways to improve its calling services alongside one another.
At the same time, a report states that development on Duo has slowed down.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 40000
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…