Google Pixel 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Which Offers Better Value?
The Snapdragon 865-equipped Galaxy S20 FE is launching weeks earlier at the same price.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE uses the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset.
- There is a new feature called Extreme Battery Saver by Google extending its life up tp 48 hrs.
- S20 FE has a 120Hz FHD+ Super AMOLED screen.
Google’s finally launched its Pixel 5 today but Samsung beat it by launching Samsung’s Galaxy S20 FE a few days before. Both phones have their advantages. Pixel is famous for its extremely good camera. Similarly, Samsung is not holding back with its specifications.
However, Google’s Pixel 5 and this new Galaxy S20 FE price are just the same at $699.
The question that arises here which smartphone offers the better value?
Galaxy S20 FE vs Pixel 5 Specifications
When we talk about smartphones, we know 120Hz displays are rare for ‘budget’ devices. However, with Galaxy S20 FE (“fan edition”), the most notable feature is the 120Hz FHD+ Super AMOLED screen. Whereas, Google offers only a 90Hz refresh rate to its new smartphone.
Google’s Pixel 5 comes with a 6-inch display compared to 6.5- inch S20 FE’s display. This shows how Samsung is driven on its specs compared to Google.
On the other hand, Google scores a win on build quality featuring an aluminum body, while the Galaxy S20 FE uses plastic.
However, when it comes to cameras, Google offers computational photography which is what makes it so good. But Samsung is also not backing down with its triple cam setup. It offers a 3x telephoto lens in its rear camera setup. Each smartphone has wide and ultra-wide rear cameras.
When it comes to battery life, both are offering almost similar options. Samsung’s Galaxy S20 FE comes with a 4500mAh battery compared to Pixel 5’s 4080mAh battery. However, they are both great battery powers and do not disappoint for its price range.
However, a new Extreme Battery Saver feature by Google that claims to extend battery life to an incredible 48 hours is something that can turntables. On the other hand, Samsung expects its battery to last all day, which usually implies waking hours only. It now depends on when these phones come into our hands for testing.
In terms of performance, S20 FE uses the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset which is a surprise for a mid-range smartphone. However, Pixel 5 comes with the less powerful Snapdragon 765G.
Both devices are 5G-capable, wireless charging, reverse wireless charging, IP68 water resistance.
Final Thoughts: Galaxy S20 FE vs Pixel 5?
It all depends on personal choice, however. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is trying to deliver the best specs with its mid-range budget. But, Google is still keeping its name up with its quality.
Smaller size displays or bigger that is also another question which only a buyer can decide.
We can only speculate until we try it. Until then, it looks like S20 FE beats in terms of specs. But, Google Pixel 5 brings it home with its camera and usual quality.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.