Huawei has introduced the Honor View 20 to capture the high mid-range market. Priced at Rs. 37,999, it progresses the Honor View series a few more steps, transforming it to a near-premium handset.
The Honor View 20 does not have many shortcomings. It is a fantastic looking phone and capable set of cameras. Also, it does not falter with its camera, making the phone a value-for-money almost premium model.
With power and looks, the Honor View 20 has most of the things required to impress a mid-range crowd. A few pros and cons of this phone are:
- The Honor View 20 comes with a premium back panel which is glossy and looks quite expensive.
- The Honor View 20 has a large hole-punched screen which presents punchy colors and provides an immersive experience.
- The phone has a beautiful company-built processor which is quite snappy and can compete well with the popular Snapdragon chipsets.
- The massive 4000 mAh battery gives amazing runtime and keeps the phone alive for most of the day.
- The Honor View 20 arrives with amazing cameras which can click lovely photos and present punchy colors.
- Despite having one of the best cameras, there is a problem of over-saturation in this phone.
The Honor View 20 is a delight. Being a great mid-range phone, it does come with some premium assets which make it a worthy purchase for anyone looking for a glimpse of premium functioning without shelling too much money.
Honor View 20 is a mid-range marvel which not only holds its own with its excellent camera but also with its brilliant processor and stunning hole-punch display.
The Honor View 20 arrives with a massive 6.4-inch full HD+ screen with a 1080 x 2310 pixels resolution. It gives you the option of tweaking the color output and adjusting the color temperature as per your preferences.
It is also a hole-punch display which makes it one of the first kinds on an Honor handset. The color appears quite vibrant, and there is a little distortion of colors when the phone is tilted at extreme angles.
You can also scale down to HD+ from a Full HD+ resolution to conserve your battery life too. These features make Honor View 20 a versatile handset to deal with.
Honor View 20 has a glossy back panel which is similar to most smartphones in the market. The light hits in certain angles which makes the V-shape pattern of the phone prominent. The Honor View 20 comes with a modern design, but it is not that premium.
It comes with curved sides and a glass back which indicates a bit of expensive feel, but it does not sit level on a flat surface. The phone is quite rigid because of the metal frame, and the power button has a pattern that makes it easily distinguishable.
However, the volume buttons are a bit far away from easy reach. On the top, you can find the 3.5mm headphone jack, and at the bottom, you get the latest USB Type-C port. The phone is comfortable to hold and carries itself well as a semi-premium handset.
Honor View 20 arrives with a Huawei Kirin 980 chipset. It is a powerful processor and can also be found in the flagship Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Plus, the phone comes with a Mali-G76 GPU with dual Neural Processing Units (NPUs).
Unlike the OnePlus 6T, which has an in-display fingerprint scanner, the Honor View 20 arrives with a rear fingerprint scanner which is quite snappy. There is also face recognition which recognizes your face fast and efficiently without delay.
The phone can run multiple apps without a problem. Regarding gaming, high-end games can run well enough in high settings without a lag. In AnTuTu, the phone managed to get about 2,77,415 points which are higher than the got by ROG Phone but still lagging behind the 2,94,802 from OnePlus 6T.
The Honor View 20 sports a 48MP primary camera which comes with the time of flight 3D cameras. The app is similar to Honor phones provides AR Lens, Night, Artist, etc. In the day, the phone captures a marvelous set of colors with enough details and a proper contrast provided in it.
AI provided a bit more emphasis on the darker areas to make it visible. The portraits were decent enough and had adequate edge detection too. When using the 3D camera, people tend to slim down, and there is slight distortion present. By default, the camera can shoot 12MP pictures which can be changed to 48.
The 25MP selfie camera is also AI-activated and can detect the subtle features of the face. While it does not come with selfie light, it does have the ability to light up the screen to tackle low-light conditions.
Video can be maxed out at 4K with the rear camera. The footage comes with enough colors, but it only records for 10 minutes. AI HDR comes with the ability to shoot against the light.
Honor View 20 packs a 4000 mAh battery which juices up the handset and is capable of running the phone for an entire day. In an HD video loop test, the phone was able to run for about 12 hours and 31 minutes which is a decent score.
Plus, the phone comes with fast charging getting from 0 to 47% within 30 minutes and 86% within an hour. In an hour and 35 minutes, it is possible to get the phone fully charged.
The Honor View 20 arrives with a few differences: it has a hole-punch display and a bezel-free screen. The processor of this phone is marvelous and does hold its own against the flagship processor. The cameras are great too, but they sometimes tend to falter in taking enough colors, results in over-saturation.
The Honor View 20 is a great phone for anyone who wants a great mid-range marvel. However, it faces fierce competition from OnePlus 6T, which has a clear advantage with better cameras, excellent display, and blazing-fast performance.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.18 inches
- Weight180 g
- ColorSaphire Blue, Phantom Blue, Phantom Red, Midnight Black
- BuildFront glass, aluminum frame
- Width2.97 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.4 inches
- Pixel Density398 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 2310 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio85.70%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset GPHiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- GPUMali-G76 MP10
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie) Magic UI 2
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM
- Dual Camera48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micronTOF 3D camera
- Back Camera FeaturesPanorama, HDR, LED flash
- Back Camera Video2160p30fps, 1080p30fps, 720p960fps, (gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera25 MP, f/2.0, 27mm
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 22.5W (55% in 30 min) - for Global marketFast battery charging 18W - India only
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, December
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, December
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Honor View 20
Get the best price for Honor View 20
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
- How To Record Calls On iPhone!Thu, 23 Jul'20Sometimes it is extremely important to record calls so that we can listen to them at a future time, recording a call allows users to hold a proof for what was said on the call, while recording isn’t a feature most people would need and it isn’t even necessarily legal in all places, this feature can come very handy while talking something important. Recording a call can come very handy when you are talking to a customer service executive and you need to hold proof of what was occurred, it can also come handy when you speak to your friends and family and forget what was told.
- Google Pixel 4aAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- OPPO Reno 4 ProAdd to compare