How To Fix Google Chrome Not Opening In Windows 11 Issue
Google Chrome is an amazing browser, however, if the browser starts having not opening issues then it causes various performance issues. Check our article and get to know the step to solve the Google Chrome not Opening issue.
Table Of Contents
- 1How To Fix Google Chrome not opening in Windows 11?
Highlights of the Story
- Google Chrome is perhaps the most used web browser right now, and wouldn’t it be, it offers a variety of features.
- However, if our Google chrome stops working, then it creates an issue.
- Fear not; here’s the solution to fix Google Chrome not opening error.
Google chrome is our beloved app for browsing, and if it doesn’t open while you’re working then it hiders the performance. The most recent bug in Google Chrome made the app unresponsive, and it stopped opening. However, there is an easy fix for this problem. In this article, we will guide you through the easiest steps to fix Google Chrome not opening an issue in windows 11.
How To Fix Google Chrome not opening in Windows 11?
There are several methods to fix the google chrome not working issue cause in the recent windows 11 update, we will highlight the fixes that have worked for us.
Restart your PC or Laptop
First thing first, restart your pc or laptop. Most of the time Google Chrome stops working when a secondary program of the process is running in the background and it is hindering the process task of Chrome. If this is the issue, then restarting the laptop or pc might be the best solution.
To be honest, the compatibility issue is a bummer. The current windows 11 is visually striking but there are several issues with the software and this results in performance issues. You can run the Windows 11 troubleshooter easily, it will detect and fix the issue automatically.
Step 1: Right-click on the icon of Google Chrome and go to the properties section.
Step 2: Here, go to the compatibility tab and click on the run Compatability troubleshooter.
Step 3: A new screen will pop up, just follow the instruction and finish the troubleshooting process.
Delete and Log in the User profile
Sometimes there is a sync issue that causes Google Chrome not working issue. For that, you might need to re-login your Google Chrome account.
Step 1: Click on the profile icon on the right-left corner.
Step 2: Here, click on the setting button and you’ll be taken to the “Who’s using the Chrome?” page. Here you can choose a new Google Chrome Profile.
Step 3: On the profile box, simply click on three dots and you’ll get the option to edit or delete the profile.
Step 4: Delete the profile and restart your chrome.
Also read: Best Racing Games for Android and iOS
Delete User Profile manually
If you’re not able to open Google chrome at all, there is another method that can fix your Google Chrome not opening error. You can try to delete the profile manually by going to the Chrome user data folder and deleting the entire folder.
Step 1: Open Run, here type “%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data”. You can also copy-paste the pat direct to the run text box, please don’t use the double-colon.
Step 2: Once the path is specified, click on the Ok button to open the folder.
Step 3: Here, You have to delete the folder named Default.
Step 4: Restart Chrome.
Flush DNS Cache
DNS Cache is nothing but the browsing history, user data, profile passwords etc. Although its task is to help you have a smooth browsing experience, it can sometimes hinder the performance of your device as well. The easiest fix would then flush the DNS cache. Ideally, you can do these simple tasks by opening the browser and clearing out browsing data. However, you can do this task manually as well.
Step 1: Press the Windows key + X, here select the Windows Terminal (Admin) from the option.
Step 2: A new command-line console will open, here type the following command “ipconfig /flushdns” and press the enter key.
Step 3: Once the process is finished you’ll get a popup “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.”
Reinstall Google Chrome
If all these methods are not working, you can try the final and only method that is uninstalling the browser itself. Go to the program and setting of your computer and uninstalled Google Chrome. You can also do this by going to the start menu and clicking on the uninstall option when you right-click on the chrome icon. Once the software is installed, you can easily install a new Google Chrome and log in to your account and all your bookmarks and data will be synced.
Step 1: Download the Chrome .exe file from its website.
Step 2: Wait for the installation to finish.
Step 3: Once installed, you’ll be able to see the Chrome browser.
Google Chrome is a very popular browser, and such issues where Chrome is not working may happen often. Our best advice would be to keep the app up to date and have an antivirus solution so that no virus can hard your computer or app while you’re browsing. Let us know in the comments if the solution has fixed your Google Chrome not working issue.
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…