How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhone
Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices just to have a look at what Android offers.
It is a fact that many Android users are switching from Android to iPhones. Talking about switching from Android to iPhone, it is not as easy as it sounds. Buying a new iPhone is just the first step in this process.
Next up, you will have to transfer all your Android data to your new iPhone which is quite a task in itself. However, Apple realised that this process should not be that hard. They released a new app that encourages Android users to switch to iPhones.
Using Move To iOS To Transfer Data
This new app from Apple is named as Move to iOS app which does exactly what the name suggests. This is the first app by Apple on the Google Play Store which is designed to switch people from Android. The app connects your old Android and the new iPhone with a WiFi connection and then transfer all your data. However, that data does not include your installed apps. Both Android and iOS have different types of apps that are not compatible with each other. Also, your music and passwords stored on the device will not be transferred with this app.
That being said, we can say that most of the data from your Android device to your new iPhone will be transferred. You can add the remaining data later.
One thing to note here is the Move to iOS app works for most Android devices. It is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 9 or later. As the update cycle for iOS is extremely good, the majority of iPhones right now have iOS 9 or higher.
First of all, you need to download the “Move to iOS” app(free) from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Steps To Use Move to iOS App
- Assuming that you have a new iPhone, we will want you to proceed with the normal iPhone setup process until you see a page named “Apps & Data”.
- Inside this page, you will see a section titled “Move Data from Android”.
- Click on this section on your iPhone.
- Now, ensure that you have installed the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device and open the app.
- Tap “Continue” on your iPhone while clicking the same on your Android device as well.
- On your iPhone, you will see code generated which is unique to your transfer process. Enter this code on your Android device and both the Android as well as the iPhone will connect itself with a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection.
- Now, you will be able to select which data can be transferred from your Android to the new iPhone. These data options include “Google Account”, “Bookmarks”, “Messages”, “Contacts” and “Camera Roll”.
- Once you have selected the data you want to transfer to the iPhone, click on “Next” on your Android device and the transfer process will begin.
Image Source: imore
- As soon as your transfer will complete, you will see an option to “Continue Setting up iPhone” and you can continue with the process afterward.
- When you enter the iPhone after the setup process is complete, you will be asked to log in with the Google accounts that you just transferred.
- That’s it, your iPhone is now ready to be used with most of the data you had from your Android transferred to iOS.
One thing to note is that there will be no mobile data charges for this process. The data is transferred via a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection. The transfer process will also be quite fast depending on the amount of data you have on your Android device. In our testing, it was seen that an 800MB file transfer took about 8-9 minutes to complete.
So if you have more data on your Android device, the time taken for the transfer process will increase too.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…