How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhone
Right Now there are only two major operating systems for a smartphone which are Android and iOS. And you get unlimited options if you want an Android device while iOS is only available on iPhones. So the people who have been using iOS and iPhones for a while are tempted to switch to Android devices just to have a look at what Android offers.
It is a fact that many Android users are switching from Android to iPhones. Talking about switching from Android to iPhone, it is not as easy as it sounds. Buying a new iPhone is just the first step in this process.
Next up, you will have to transfer all your Android data to your new iPhone which is quite a task in itself. However, Apple realised that this process should not be that hard. They released a new app that encourages Android users to switch to iPhones.
Using Move To iOS To Transfer Data
This new app from Apple is named as Move to iOS app which does exactly what the name suggests. This is the first app by Apple on the Google Play Store which is designed to switch people from Android. The app connects your old Android and the new iPhone with a WiFi connection and then transfer all your data. However, that data does not include your installed apps. Both Android and iOS have different types of apps that are not compatible with each other. Also, your music and passwords stored on the device will not be transferred with this app.
That being said, we can say that most of the data from your Android device to your new iPhone will be transferred. You can add the remaining data later.
One thing to note here is the Move to iOS app works for most Android devices. It is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 9 or later. As the update cycle for iOS is extremely good, the majority of iPhones right now have iOS 9 or higher.
First of all, you need to download the “Move to iOS” app(free) from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Steps To Use Move to iOS App
- Assuming that you have a new iPhone, we will want you to proceed with the normal iPhone setup process until you see a page named “Apps & Data”.
- Inside this page, you will see a section titled “Move Data from Android”.
- Click on this section on your iPhone.
- Now, ensure that you have installed the “Move to iOS” app on your Android device and open the app.
- Tap “Continue” on your iPhone while clicking the same on your Android device as well.
- On your iPhone, you will see code generated which is unique to your transfer process. Enter this code on your Android device and both the Android as well as the iPhone will connect itself with a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection.
- Now, you will be able to select which data can be transferred from your Android to the new iPhone. These data options include “Google Account”, “Bookmarks”, “Messages”, “Contacts” and “Camera Roll”.
- Once you have selected the data you want to transfer to the iPhone, click on “Next” on your Android device and the transfer process will begin.
Image Source: imore
- As soon as your transfer will complete, you will see an option to “Continue Setting up iPhone” and you can continue with the process afterward.
- When you enter the iPhone after the setup process is complete, you will be asked to log in with the Google accounts that you just transferred.
- That’s it, your iPhone is now ready to be used with most of the data you had from your Android transferred to iOS.
One thing to note is that there will be no mobile data charges for this process. The data is transferred via a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection. The transfer process will also be quite fast depending on the amount of data you have on your Android device. In our testing, it was seen that an 800MB file transfer took about 8-9 minutes to complete.
So if you have more data on your Android device, the time taken for the transfer process will increase too.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
You May Also ReadView All
iQOO, which emerged as a wild-card entry into this emerging smartphone market, gained a very solid reputation with just a single handset. With just the iQOO 3 available in the market, we are expecting a bunch of new offerings from the company in the coming months. Since the brand is new, buyers tend to neglect the powerful price to the performance that the company is offering. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this IQOO price list for you which would let you check IQOO devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up presently and the iQOO Z1 5G on the way, the decision to choose or wait for the right model is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive
collection of IQOO price list 2020 will allow you to see all IQOO mobiles price in India. Here you will also find complete IQOO mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list will be followed by an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world.
Lenovo, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some of the decently crafted devices in the Indian market. The devices often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices offering the trendiest features in its portfolio, we have combined this Lenovo mobile price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all Lenovo devices available in India right now. Lenovo has smartphones mostly in the budget to the mid-range segment, so our Lenovo price comparison becomes necessary to help consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to invest in. So, here’s a detailed collection of Lenovo phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all Lenovo mobiles price in India. This complete Lenovo price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see Lenovo mobile phone
specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Lenovo mobile to you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage along with all its pros and cons.
Huawei sub-brand Honor has a lot of smartphones in its portfolio. With Honor routinely adding new devices and updating the smartphone line-up, users get puzzled when they think of getting an upgrade for their existing device. To help you make the right decision, we present you with a specially designed, detailed Honor price list 2020 for those of you planning to buy an Honor device as your next smartphone. With numerous smartphones at a very similar price range, our carefully designed Honor price list will also follow up with a very detailed and honest review by Cashify’s experts after you click on a particular phone so that you can analyse the differences between various devices. With the help of this list, you can obtain a full Honor price comparison of all the company’s devices that are in the market right now.
You will also get to know the upgrades in different models along with Honor’s latest price list India along with their respective RAM/storage variants. A quick look at these Honor specifications of a device gives you an idea about the hardware and software offerings and would get you aware about those devices which are in the market right not but not known to you.
The Taiwanese brand, Asus is one of the most prominent Smartphones brands in India. With the alluring Stock-alike UI and timely updates, the brand has recently gained a decent popularity in the Indian markets. With a focus on budget and mid-range smartphones, they offer a perfect blend of hardware and overall features. So, here is the Asus price list of handpicked Asus smartphones in India for you. This would allow hopping into with precise Asus specifications to ease out the choosing factor for you. It covers all dimensions from budget series, i.e. Zenphone to Budget Flagship ‘6z’ and most loved, the ROG series. It may make it effortless for the user to analyze the best model according to the requirements and price constraints. Asus price list India also contains all the relevant systematised information like different models, storage variants, etc. To get rid of the haunting confusion, you may go through the Expert Review from Cashify for all smartphones in the Asus price comparison and get an overview of the in-hand and out of the box experience and ease your selection process with the listed Pros and Cons.
Google has been creating Android which runs almost all the phones ever since smartphones came into the market. Google started creating its own smartphones and entered the flagship segment with the finest and refined variants from the brand in the Google Pixel Series. There are always 3 to 4 variants for every new series launched, like Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, all differing by size and specs a little here and there. To make it all easier for the user to understand the best model
to choose from according to the requirements, we have speculated a detailed Google price list 2020 for the buyers. This list can be helpful in letting you know about the Google devices launched in the market and obtain a detailed Google price comparison for them. There are a lot of devices in the Google Pixel range which never make to the Indian market and there are other devices that have a major price difference in terms of storage options and availability. It can become impossible in that case to pick the best for you. This Google price list will assist you to choose one for you by letting you check out detailed expert reviews curated especially by Cashify’s experts keeping in mind the user’s requirements. This list includes information on the different models, storage variants and Google’s latest price list after analysis on the needs and budget of the consumers. The list also shares the details, internals and Google specifications of the devices you have an eye on.
Below are the top Google Mobile Phone in India:
- Google Discontinues Pixel 4 And 4 XL7 Aug 2020