Battery Tips: How To Extend Your Smartphone Battery’s Life
Cover Image Source: https://www.rd.com/
Cell Phones earlier were used for calling or texting purpose but nowadays, it is all in-in-one entertainment device. Be it playing games, video calling, internet browsing, chatting, or streaming everything consumes battery. As a smartphone user, every one of us wants to charge the battery of our device very quickly and wants to last longer. However, do we always charge our phones the right way? This is the question we must ask ourselves for the long life of our phone’s battery.
When we buy a new device we see that its battery lasts long has the battery health is in perfect condition on Day 1. But with the passage of time, as the device keeps on getting old, and with careless charging habits the battery’s efficiency keeps on decreasing. When your phone is too old, you may see that your phone may struggle to make it through the day on a single charge. This is due to the reason that the battery capacity inevitably declines with age. However, there are some ways with which you can prolong the life of your phone’s battery. Here, in this article, you are going to learn the best ways to charge your smartphone which in turn will increase battery life.
Read also: Sony To Release A New Walkman In India
Image Source: https://www.androidcentral.com/
There are many smartphone users who love to charge their phones up to the 100 percent mark quite often. While it is necessary for you to keep your phone running throughout the day, but it is really bad for the battery. Also, some people have a habit of using it your phone until the battery goes to 0 percent and then plugging in the charger only when the smartphone switches off, this is really bad for the battery and should be avoided.
So, the best way to charge your smartphone to save battery is to charge it partially and more frequently. For example charge your phone to 90 percent and keep using until it goes to 30 percent. After that, it is better to put it on the charge. This way your phone will be in a healthy charging/discharging cycle and it will increase the battery life.
Unplug Your Phone When Charged
Image Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/
There are many people who believe that trickle charging improves battery life. Contrary to that, it is a myth. It is recommended to unplug your phone when it’s partially charged and charge it more often, instead of charging it overnight. So, avoid trickle charging your phone to increase its life. As continuous trickle charging of a full battery can be the reason behind plating of the metallic lithium. This will reduce battery stability in the long term.
SImply avoid charging overnight and instead charge your phone twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. This will keep a healthy battery charge lifecycle and hence keep the battery healthy.
Read also: Apple iPhone SE2: Everything We Know So Far
Avoid Using Your Phone While Charging
Image Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/
We all love to use our phones. Many of us have a question, whether using the phone while charging is good or not? The answer is: It is better to avoid using phone especially heavy apps which require a large proportion of battery to operate. When you use your phone while charging, all the power is consumed by the Display, Processor, GPU, and other apps. This could lead to overheating the device and consequently, reducing the battery life of the device. So, the best way to avoid overload while charging is to turn off your device while charging. However, if it is not possible to turn off the device, then you can also keep the workload very light when the device is plugged in for charging.
Image Source: https://www.macworld.co.uk/
Charging your phone in a hot and humid environment is not at all good for your phone’s battery life. While using your device, you must have noticed that the battery drains much faster when it’s hot. The battery not only drains but also tends to swell and could even explode. So, it is recommended to avoid overheating while charging and placing your smartphone on charge in cool places only. Also, keep in mind that charging phone in a very cold environment is also not recommended as this cause the battery to lose its capacity due to low temperatures.
Read also: Top 10 Mobile Phones
Avoid Using Counterfeit Charging Accessories
Image Source: Lifestyle Viral Hacks on Youtube
One of the most common practices that harm your smartphone battery is by using third party, non-compatible, or poor quality charging cables and wall adapters. You might have purchased these accessories at a dirt-cheap price from a nearby store thinking that you have got the deal of the decade and you have saved a lot of money with buying these cheap counterfeit accessories, then you are wrong. These accessories might look the same as that of your original ones, but inside these are made with cheap quality wires and in-efficient capacitors that do not deliver the required current to charge the battery and in turn harm the battery instead.
Concluding the steps explained above, here are some of the best ways to charge your smartphone:
- Try to avoid full charge/discharge cycle and overnight charging as much as possible.
- Make a habit to charge your phone partially on a regular basis.
- Avoid overheating of the phone. This affect the battery life very much.
- Do not use your phone or play graphic-intensive games on your device when charging.
- Avoid buying fake third party charging accessories.
So, we hope that you have learned a few tips to charge your phone. Try to apply these steps and, and you will find these are helpful in saving your battery life.
Reduce screen brightness
Dimming the display on your mobile phone prolongs its battery life. It is usually the screen of a phone that sucks up most of its battery. So it is better to turn down the screen brightness in order to conserve it. Putting the phone on Auto Brightness definitely spares the battery for a vast majority of the time where there is less light. Having said that, it is ideal to keep track of the brightness level manually by physically setting it to a minimal level each time there is a change in the lighting levels of your surroundings.
If you are a fan of the dark mode available on the latest smartphones, then you might be happy to hear that putting your phone in dark themes would help in slowing down the pace of battery drainage. Most people use the android built-in dark mode to prevent eye strains as well. So if you are aiming to give your battery a long life, then head over to the Settings app on your phone and search for dark theme, dark mode, night theme or night mode. Nowadays, there are so many apps like YouTube, Instagram and WhatsApp coming out with dark themes. So switch it on and you are all set !
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.