Want To Play Fortnite On iOS? Here’s How You Can Play The Game!
Fortnite is one of the biggest games in the world today. Unfortunately, it wasn’t available on mobile app stores for quite a while. Now, you can play the game via streaming on Xbox Game Cloud. Check out the steps on how you can play Fortnite on iOS today!
Table Of Contents
- 1How to install Fortnite on iOS
- 2What Xbox said
Highlights of the Story
- Fortnite had been unavailable for the longest time from the App Stores as Epic Games couldn’t reach an agreement with Google or Apple for the App Store fees.
- Now, Microsoft has introduced Xbox Cloud Gaming for playing and streaming the game on multiple devices, including iOS.
- We’ve mentioned all that you need to know to reach Victory Royale on your iPhones!
Without a doubt, Fortnite is one of the most popular games in the world today. It has regaled players across multiple platforms ever since its release in 2017. In fact, it’s one of the biggest battle royale games you can play today. It has distinguished itself from the competition through a unique visual style and building mechanics that form a core part of the gameplay. Fortnite can now also be played on iOS. So, if you were wondering how to play Fortnite on iOS, we’re here to help.
The developers of Fortnite, Epic Games, have collaborated with Microsoft in an attempt to widen the range of the game’s influence. With Xbox Cloud Gaming now available, you can play the game through cloud streaming. This is regardless of whether you’re using an Apple iPhone, iPad, or the usual PC. This is an important update as Epic Games had a tussle with Google and Apple over the latter’s fees for listing the game on the app store. Since then, people had lost access to Fortnite on mobile devices. Thankfully, there’s a workaround available for playing Fortnite on iOS. So, without further ado, let’s see the steps you have to take if you want to play Fortnite on your iOS device.
How to install Fortnite on iOS
Fortunately for the people, the game is absolutely free to play through Xbox Cloud Gaming. There are a few things you need though. Ensure that you have a Microsoft account handy and an iPhone with one of the newer versions of iOS. You could either use the touch controls or a gamepad for this game.
Moreover, the steps are relatively simple. Since the game is free, you just need to use your iPhone’s web browser. Now, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Xbox website and sign into your account. If you don’t have an account, create one. The process is fast and won’t cost you anything.
- After you’ve created the account, or logged in, you can go to the Fortnite landing page on the Xbox website. You can find it here.
- If you’re already signed in, you can just hit the “Play for free” button and start your Fortnite journey. If you’re not signed in, log in with your Xbox account and then select the “Play for free” button.
That’s it! The steps are quite simple, aren’t they? It’s an easy way to access a top-tier game without having to spend any money whatsoever. Moreover, if you were itching to play Fortnite on your iOS device, you can finally try it out. However, the game is full of microtransactions so you might have to ultimately spend your money in-game. Regardless, this is an exciting opportunity that you should be trying out.
What Xbox said
Cloud gaming is fast becoming one of the major sources of entertainment. You just need to have powerful hardware and a good internet connection. With this, you can play any game just by streaming it on your device. Xbox has stated that putting a Free-to-Play game in their catalogue is a strong step toward promoting cloud-based gaming services. They’re actively looking to bring more such titles into their services as they look to expand on the vertical. Finally, Xbox closed their statement by saying, “Quite simply, we want you to have more choice in both the games you play and the way you choose to play them”.
This is an encouraging statement by the brand and will surely promote cloud gaming in the future. Soon, you might not even have to download games anymore. You could save the storage space on your device and just stream the game instead. Do let us know what you feel about cloud gaming, if you’ve experienced it so far. If not, would you be willing to give it a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section!
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…