How To Record Calls On iPhone!
Sometimes it is extremely important to record calls so that we can listen to them at a future time, recording a call allows users to hold a proof for what was said on the call, while recording isn’t a feature most people would need and it isn’t even necessarily legal in all places, this feature can come very handy while talking something important. Recording a call can come very handy when you are talking to a customer service executive and you need to hold proof of what was occurred, it can also come handy when you speak to your friends and family and forget what was told.
Highlights of the Story
- Recording a phone call can be of different importance to different people in different professions
- While the recording isn’t necessarily helpful or even legal in all cases, it does come very handy in certain situations where you need to go back and listen to the conversation
- While Apple doesn’t have a core component in the iOS software for recording the call, there are some alternative approaches that allow you to record a call after proper consent
The option to record calls was primarily limited only to the large scale call centers that had dedicated equipment for recording calls, however, as the need arose and smartphones become more capable, we started seeing apps on devices that allowed the recording of calls.
While Apple hasn’t installed a core component on iOS that allows users to record calls, there are situations where a call recording is important such as while conducting an interview over the phone after obtaining permission to record the call. In such situations recording a call is essential for work and there are a few options to record the call if you want to.
If you have the consent and it is legal in your region there are several useful apps that allow you to record a call on your iPhone, we did the searching for you and have curated a list of some of the best apps that you can use to record calls on an iPhone. If you wish to record both incoming and outgoing calls then your best bet is to use recording apps, there are a few good call recording apps out there especially if you are willing to pay a few dollars.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
While the TapeACall Pro app is considerably expensive for most users at $11, the app is very decent and offers a simple experience. You get unlimited call recording time regardless of who you are calling for one year. The pricing is listed at $20 (Rs 1500) per year for unlimited calls.
The app works differently from the other options listed here, for incoming calls you need to initiate a recording by putting whomever you’re speaking to on hold for a moment and then opening the app to tap on the record button.
Once you have done this, the call is merged and stored with a remote recording service, for outgoing calls, you can open the app and tap on the record option and then call the person to merge the call. TapeACall Pro doesn’t notify the other user that you are recording the conversation so it is important to keep in mind that if the place you live requires you to take consent before recording then you will need to do it manually. When you are done recording you can access the stored audio file form your smartphone
Call Recorder Pro
You can record both incoming and outgoing calls with your iPhone using this app. You must first set up a three-way call by putting your call on hold and dialing in the recorder through the app and then manually merging the calls, while this does feel like a hassle to get started, you will soon get used to the process.
While it does seem a little inconvenient, using this app allows you to easily start recording the calls that are already in progress very easily, the service is reliable, and it is simple to manage your recordings. You can download them or share them via SMS, Dropbox, email, and more. The basic $10 (Rs 750) plan gives you 300 minutes of recording. You can buy an additional 150 minutes for $5 (Rs 375).
Also Read: Top New iOS Features “Inspired” By Android
How to Record an Incoming Call using Google Voice
If you are looking for a good free option and you only need to record the incoming calls then Google voice might be the best option for you, it can help you filter out unwanted calls as well and offers a very user-friendly experience.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
You, however, have to port your phone number to Google to access the recording feature and it can’t record outgoing calls. This makes it very inconvenient if you want to record all your conversations including the ones that you initiate.
- Navigate to the Google Voice Homepage
- Click on the Settings icon to the top left corner of the window
- Scroll down to the calls section and make sure that the incoming call option is turned on
- You will need to download the Google Voice app on the iPhone
- You can record the incoming calls within the Google Voice by tapping the number 4 on the phone’s keypad during the call
- It is important to accept the call using the Google Voice app and not using the native iPhone phone app
Also Read: How To Move Your Data From Android To iPhone
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…