How To Backup To iCloud After Getting ‘Not Enough iCloud Storage’ Error!
If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point.
Highlights of the Story
- iCloud offers free 5GB of Cloud storage for all iOS and Mac users allowing them to back up their images, app data and more
- If you use your iPhone a lot then this data can quickly get utilized completely and you will start seeing a message that reads “Not Enough iCloud Storage”
- Luckily, there is a way to bypass this and continue to backup your important data even if iCloud tells you that you have run out of storage space
When you sign up for an Apple ID using your iOS device you get a complimentary 5GB of iCloud storage. If you happen to use your phone a lot for capturing images, videos, and for a lot of applications then it is not difficult to rack up the storage space being used on your iCloud account and soon eventually run out of it.
Backing up a phone is extremely important, no matter how careful you are with your iPhone, it is not uncommon to end up damaging the device or losing it in public, in such situations, have the device completely backed up can be extremely helpful in ensuring that you do not lose any of your important data.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
Unless you have a specific reason not to backup your phone, it is one of the trivial tasks that you do as a smartphone user. If you have run out of storage space on your iCloud and you start getting an alert from the service saying that there is not enough storage space left, there still is a way to continue the backup of files to your iCloud service.
iCloud is a freemium cloud service linked to your Apple ID which you can use to back up your iPhone. However, it does not back up all the data on your phone, things that you buy using your Apple ID including Apps, Music and more will not be backed up as these goods are linked to your Apple ID and you can always download them again to your device for free easily. Emails, Contacts, Calendars, and more are generally synced with your email account but in some cases, they might get backed up to iCloud.
You can go to the Settings app and then open the Passwords & Accounts section to see a list of your email addresses that are linked to your iPhone. Under each of these listed email addresses, you will see the synced options such as mail, calendars, contacts, and more. To start a backup to your iCloud account you will need to connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network. Then go to the Settings app and then tap on the Apple ID/iCloud tab to the top where your name is.
Also read: Best Mobile Phones Under 50,000
If you are not currently signed in, then you will need to take a moment to do so and then tap on the iCloud option. Scroll down here and then tap on the iCloud backup option and enable iCloud Backup, now finally tap on the ‘Backup Now‘ button to manually initiate a backup procedure and backup the selected items to your iCloud account.
Depending on how often you have backed up your iPhone and how much data you have, this process could take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour. The text under the button will display when the last backup took place, after this, whenever your iPhone is connected to the Wi-Fi and is plugged in it will automatically backup your data to the iCloud to keep a safe copy.
How To Backup To iCloud After Getting ‘Not Enough iCloud Storage’ Error
If your iPhone is given an error about the iCloud backup due to storage space, then there might be a solution. A lot of iPhone users encounter the message “This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available.” at some point and while most people think that they won’t be able to backup to iCloud anymore, that is not the case. While iCloud gives 5GB of storage for free, most people have more than 5GB of data on their smartphones.
Optimize your Backup
iCloud doesn’t back up everything on your smartphone and instead uses a smart approach to sync your internet access accounts and your purchases to your iTunes ID or Apple ID. Go to the Settings app and tap on the Apple ID option, here tap on iCloud and select Manage Storage. Now tap on the Backups option to see the list of the devices that are trying to backup to your account.
After a small wait, you should see details of your Last Backup, Backup Size, and Next Backup Size. If your smartphone has not been backed up in a while, then the Next Backup Size will be a large one. If it is more than 5GB then you will either have to buy more storage or adjust what exactly you wish to backup.
Under the Next Backup Size option, you can see a list where you Choose the Data to Back Up. This list shows you the different apps that are being backed up and the sizes for each of them, the sizes are sorted in descending order for your convenience. You can uncheck the largest data items from the list to reduce the size of the next backup if you don’t mind losing the data in the backup.
Use iTunes instead
You can just plug in your iPhone to a Mac or Windows device and open the iTunes account to backup your smartphone to the computer instead of backing it up to iCloud. Open the iTunes software on your PC, you will have to then provide the right permissions for the devices to talk to each other. Now tap on the iPhone icon to the top left side, scroll down for the Backup section, and choose Automatically Back-Up for this computer.
The computer will then have a backup file of your iPhone, you can go back to the Preferences tap in the iTunes app and open the Devices section to see a list of the devices being backed up to iTunes.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…