How to Remove Google Meet Tab from Gmail on Android, iOS and Desktop
If you’ve recently updated your Gmail app on your device, you may have noticed a new tab titled “Meet” near the bottom of your screen. In the most recent updates to the Gmail app, the new feature has been rolled out to both Android and iOS devices. While individuals who use the Google Meet service frequently may find it to be a welcome addition to the UI, others may not see the necessity for a video conferencing service to be accessible through an app that they use solely to check their emails.
This is what you need to do if you want to remove the “unwanted” Google Meet tab from Gmail:
Remove Google Meet tab on Gmail for Android and iOS
Follow these simple steps to remove the Google Meet tab from your Gmail app:
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- In the upper left corner, select the three-line menu icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see the Settings option.
- If you have multiple Gmail accounts, choose the one from which you want to disable the Google Meet tab.
- Uncheck the “Show the Meet tab for video calling” box in the “Meet” category.
The Google Meet app will not be deleted, so you can continue to use it individually.
Remove Google Meet tab from Gmail for Desktop
To remove the Meet tab from Gmail for the web, follow these instructions:
- Open Gmail on a PC and click the cog symbol to proceed to Settings. Then click See all settings.
- Hide the Meet section in the main menu by clicking Chat and Meet > enable Hide the Meet part in the main menu.
- That’s it; the Meet tab will no longer be visible in Hangouts.
You may remove the Google Meet tab from Gmail and restore it to the former appearance by following these simple steps.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…