How To Shoot Slo-mo Video On Any Phone? Quick Guide
The most common frame rate followed by videos is 30 frames per second. In the case of slo-mo videos, they also play at the speed of 30 frames per second but still appear smooth. Read our article to know more about Slo-Mo video shooting.
Highlights of the Story
- Shoot Slo-mo from your android or IOs phone.
- Start recording from your phone.
- Take an extra hold of your phone.
Slow-motion videos catch everyone’s attention. They are mesmerizing for their calm nature and are known as the coolest videos to enhance your social media profile or just to impress your friends. They can be used to prolong a comic moment that your friend experienced or to record a cinematic moment. In this article, we will let you know how you can shoot slo-mo video from your phone.
While earlier, special advanced equipment was required to shoot Slo-mo videos, technological advancement has made it possible to record advanced videos through compact and portable devices like mobile phones. If you want to shoot slo-mo videos that look professional on your phone, read further to learn more.
Shoot Slo-mo video on Your Phone
Videos can be said to be series of images or frames that are played in quick succession. The most common frame rate followed by videos is 30 frames per second. In the case of slo-mo videos, they also play at the speed of 30 frames per second but still appear smooth. For this to happen one needs to record them at a higher frame rate and then bring it down to 30 when playing.
When you need to slow down a video to half its speed, you can record it at 60 frames per second and then reduce it to 30 frames per second. Different phones allow individuals to record up to different frame rates. You can increase the frame rate while recording depending on how slow you want the video to be.
Phones like OnePlus 7 Pro, Pixel 3 and Galaxy S9 let you record videos in frame rates up to 240 frames per second. Even more, phones like Galaxy S10 and iPhone X let you record videos at 960 frames per second.
Follow these simple steps to shoot a professional-looking slo-mo video.
- Nowadays, most phones have the option of recording a slo-mo video inbuilt. Simply go to the settings of your Android or iOS phones and select the slow-motion option to record a video. Now, you can simply record your video. However, remember that slo-mo videos look best when they are recorded in short bursts, with each shot of a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Now, go to your gallery to play it back. You can use the options given to you to choose how much of the video you want to be slowed down by dragging the handles on either side to enclose just the area that needs to be slowed.
- It is also really important that you take extra care to hold your phone steady while recording a video. This helps to make sure that the video is clear. Even slight movement can cause blurriness in the videos, and this flaw becomes even more prominent when the video is slowed down.
So follow these simple steps now and record your first slo-mo video. Do write in the comment section if this was useful. Slo-mo videos explained are now easy to record and will help you put up a good impression in front of your friends and family. Follow us for more such tips, tricks and ideas.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…