How To Use mParivahan – Everything You Need To Know
Carrying the hard copies of your Driving Licence and Registration Certificate is undoubtedly burdensome, especially in India, where traffic police officers are there at almost every traffic signal. You never know when you get asked for your DL and RC. That’s why keeping soft copies is the smartest decision you can ever make. To facilitate the vehicle owners, the Union Transport Ministry asked state governments to imitate the acceptance of RC, DL, along with other documents in electronic format. mParivahan is such an application, which lets you store all the details related to your vehicle digitally.
Highlights of the Story
- Great news for vehicle owners! No need to carry the hard copies of your Driving License and Registration Certificate anymore!
- All your vehicle-related documents can be saved in electronic format in the government app- mParivahan.
- This application comes for free, and the vehicle-related details along with your DL is accepted too when shown through mParivahan.
- Creating an account and logging into this app is not difficult at all. Just a few details are required!
Keeping our busy life in mind, the Union Transport Ministry of India has asked the state governments to facilitate the acceptance of soft copies of your vehicle documents. Hence, there will be no circumstances when you are spending an arm to pay fines, or challans, or even dealing with harassment.
However, learn all about mParivahan here. Starting from how can it benefit you to the registration process. Scroll down and start knowing.
What is mParivahan?
mParivahan is designed to perform the all-India RTO vehicle registration number search. It is a government application developed by NIC. It is helpful for accessing your vehicle details like your insurance validity, registration certificate, and driving license. This digital form is an authentic proof to the police as well. This app is available for iOS and Android, both devices. So, next time, whenever you get asked to show your vehicle details, you can just open your phone and submit it.
Check out the features of mParivahan app and other information below.
What Are the Key Features of mParivahan?
mParivahan offers a plethora of features. We’ve mentioned almost all of them below. Have a look.
- It creates an authentic virtual DL (Driving License) and RC (Registration Certificate), which is acceptable everywhere.
- You can apply for a new Driving Licence through this app; only passing a DL mock test is required.
- Offers a user-friendly interface, which is easy to operate.
- Even before registering to the app, you can check all details of a vehicle just by entering the registration number.
- Saves time, money, and unnecessary hassle.
- Both iOS and Android users can get the app on App Store and Google Play Store, respectively.
- The registration process for producing virtual DL and RC is quite a cakewalk.
- Get all information about the app while staying within the application only.
- Strong verification process with the last 4 digits of engine number and vehicle’s chassis number.
- You can share the virtual ID too with this app.
- It can locate the nearest RTO and lets you access your DL and RC from the dashboard only.
However, despite having all these features, this app could have incorporated the technology of getting challans and paying them using the app directly. It would have been a great addition to the feature list. Now check out the process of registering and signing in to the mParivahan account.
How to Sign Up and Set Up mParivahan Account?
According to the newly amended Motor Vehicles Act, the Centra Government has issued a notification that says you don’t need to carry the RC book and driving license anymore as you can store the soft copies and access those whenever and wherever you want to. The mParivahan app gives you such facilities, and here is the process to sign up and set up an account on mParivahan.
Step 2: Next, put your mobile number and sign up
Step 3: Now, you’ll get an OTP, enter it and register
Step 4: At this point, you’ll have two choices- Driving Licence (DL) and Registration Certificate (RC); choose DL first
Step 5: Now enter your DL number in order to generate a virtual DL
Step 6: Tap on Add To My Dashboard next
Step 7: Then, enter your Date Of Birth, and your virtual DL will get added to the Dashboard
Step 8: Enter the Registration number next following the same process to generate RC
Step 9: You’ll now receive vehicle details like your fitness validity, insurance validity, etc.
Step 10: Now tap on Add To My Dashboard again
Step 11: After that, you’ll get a message asking for the engine number and chassis number of your vehicle
Step 12: Get these details from your RC and enter
Step 13: Once you verify all the details, go to DL or RC that you want to show to the authorities
Step 14: Now, a QR code will be generated, which authorities will scan and verify when you show these soft copies to them
That’s all! Now you know everything about the mParivahan app. It’s time to download it and travel without any extra hassle. Keep following us and stay digitally secured!
Also Read: Best Smartphones To Play Call Of Duty Mobile
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.