7 Upcoming Smartphones You Should Not Miss In 2021
2020 started with a bang from Samsung with the introduction of the S20 series. Towards the end of the year, the all-new iPhone lineup surprised us with their cameras. Meanwhile, Oppo introduced the new rollable concept smartphone. In short, 2020 didn’t fail to impress in terms of technology. So, is 2021 going to be a boring year? Well, we don’t think so. Smartphone OEMs such as Samsung have already planned to introduce cutting-edge technology from as early as January! Further this year, we are going to witness some more outstanding events that might change the way we look at technology.
Highlights of the Story
- 2020 saw some great innovation in flagship smartphones.
- All of us are excited to see what the smartphone brands have in store for us in 2021.
- This year, every OEM will try to take their flagship smartphones to a notch higher, be it in terms of performance or cameras, or displays.
2020 might not have been a great year for most of us. But, in the tech world, we witnessed great advancements in every technology product. From high-resolution cameras in smartphones to insane processing power in laptops, 2020 was a memorable year for tech enthusiasts.
It changed the way one could imagine a smartphone could be. With brands such as Samsung and Oppo revealing unbelievable foldable tech in smartphones, our excitement as well as expectations for 2021 have grown exponentially. In this article, we are going to talk about the smartphones that we are excited the most about. Without further ado, let’s get straight into the details.
1. Samsung Galaxy S21 Series
Samsung is all set to unveil its next lineup of flagship smartphones, the S21 series.
The launch will take place in the Unpacked Event scheduled for 14 January 2021. The three devices of the S21 series will consist of the vanilla S21, the S21 Plus, and the top-notch S21 Ultra. The biggest highlight of the smartphones is going to be their cameras and performance. The S21 Ultra is likely to sport a 108MP Quad Camera setup.
On the performance front, all the 3 devices will be powered by the latest Snapdragon 888 chipset along with minimum 8GB of LPDDR5x RAM. However, the Asia-Pacific region is likely to get the Exynos 2100 variant.
The S21 series, as speculated, is likely to ditch an in-box charger, and the battery performance is expected to get a huge upgrade from its predecessors.
Also, the devices will come with support for Samsung’s proprietary S-Pen.
2. Oneplus 9 Series
Speculations are rife that the upcoming Oneplus 9 Series will consist of 3 members. Alongside the standard Oneplus 9 and 9 Pro, an Oneplus 9 SE model is likely to accompany the duo.
The devices, as we expect from Oneplus, will run on the top-of-the-line Snapdragon 888 SoC, whereas the SE variant will possess the previous-generation SD 865 chipset. It is highly anticipated that the Oneplus 9 Series will boast of highly improved camera systems, owing to the criticism that the 8T received in 2020.
Further, the smartphone lineup will support wireless charging up to 45W according to recent leaks and rumors.
3. Mi 11
The Mi 11 was launched in China in late December 2020. While the global launch isn’t too far now, we might see the device launching here in India too.
The device has got a beautiful 6.8-inch 120Hz AMOLED display with 2k resolution. It is the first smartphone to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC. On the optics front, the phone has a 108 MP + 13 MP + 5 MP Triple Camera setup. Though it supports 55W fast charging, the adapter has to be bought separately.
The Mi 11 is priced super aggressively at 3999 Yuan in China, which roughly converts to Rs 45000.
4. Google Pixel 5a
Pixel phones are known to nail the basics of a smartphone, be it in terms of software experience or cameras. Although there is no concrete information about the launch of the smartphone, some of its specifications surfaced on the web recently.
It is alleged that the Pixel 5a will come in just one storage configuration, i.e 6GB +128GB. An in-display fingerprint scanner is also likely to be present on the front. Since the Pixel 5 hasn’t launched in India yet, the 5a might get delayed towards the end of the year.
5. Oppo Find X3
The Chinese tech giant is likely to unveil its next flagship smartphone, the Find X3, later this year.
As tipped by reliable leakster Evan Blass, the Oppo Find X3 smartphone will boast of a quad-lens camera with 50MP main, 50MP ultra-wide, 13MP telephoto (with 2x optical zoom), and 3MP macro lens. Other leaks include the presence of the Snapdragon 888 5G chip, 65W wired charging, and an AMOLED panel with a 3K resolution.
Also Read: Top 20 Value-for-Money Smartphones in 2020
6. iPhone 13 Series
When it comes to hype, how can we forget Apple? While the latest iPhones are doing quite well all over the world, the next generation of iPhones can be very much interesting and innovative.
Also Read: iPhone 13 Leaks
Right now, we are uncertain about most of the specifications of the iPhone 13 series. It is anticipated that the upcoming devices could be portless, implying that users will have the option to charge wirelessly only. Moreover, Apple’s popular Touch ID is also likely to make a comeback this year, though there is no surety about the same. Apple’s folding smartphone is also said to be in the works right now.
7. Galaxy Z Flip 3
After successfully venturing into the foldable phone space, Samsung is planning to launch the Galaxy Z Flip 3. The device is speculated to come at a much lower price tag than the current foldables.
Building upon recent rumors, the Z Flip 3 could be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset. This is because the smartphone listing indicates that the device supports LTE only. A triple rear camera setup is likely to be present, along with a 3300 mAh battery unit on the back.
These were the smartphones that we are most excited about. Other devices that will be launching soon this year include the Realme X7 series, Motorola Edge 2nd gen, Galaxy Note 21 series, Vivo X60 series, and many more. Do let us know in the comments section below about the smartphone which excites you the most, and why are you eagerly waiting for it.
Also Read: Moto G Stylus Leaked via Amazon Listing
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…