Best Smartphones With Snapdragon 865 Processor!
Snapdragon 865 SoC was first announced at Qualcomm Annual Tech Summit, this 5G exclusive chipset is the successor to the Snapdragon 855 and 855+. This new chipset upgrades the prime and performance cores to new Cortex-A77 based architecture offering a 25% performance improvement and 25% improvement in power efficiency. This new chipset also brings support for LPDDR5 RAM and Dolby Vision and HGL support making the smartphones very capable. The SoC allows manufacturers to make phones with up to 200MP camera sensor and supports 8K recording in 30FPS. The GPU has also seen a 25% performance improvement and 35% power efficiency improvement. The Snapdragon 865 still doesn’t come with an integrated 5G modem and claims better power efficiency while using 4G networks compared to the previous generation chipset.
Highlights of the Story
- Snapdragon 865 is the latest flagship chipset from Qualcomm for mobile devices and comes with massive improvements in terms of performance and efficiency
- Most of the Android flagships being launched in the year 2020 will come with the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset along with other upgrades
- The Snapdragon 865 chipset supports 5G and allows capturing of video in up to 8K resolution at 30FPS.
Snapdragon 865 is an upgrade to the previous generation, Qualcomm 855 and 855+ chipsets. This newly upgraded chipset comes with upgraded performance, cores based on the new Cortex A77-based architecture and assures 25% improvement in the performance and the power efficiency. The amount of L3 cache has also been doubled for improved performance and power efficiency.
The new chipset also supports up to 144Hz display refresh rates and recording in up to 8K resolution at 30FPS. The Snapdragon 865 brings support for HGL format along with Dolby Vision. This new chipset will be powering most of the new flagships of 2020 including the Samsung S20 series, OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, Mi Note 10, and more devices.
Here are a few smartphones that are going to be powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset:
Samsung Galaxy S20 Series
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Series smartphones debuted with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset. All the three smartphones, the Galaxy S20, the Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset in the US market, this smartphone will be powered by the Exynos alternative in most other international markets. The smartphones get with the LPDDR5 RAM that has been introduced to support the Snapdragon 865 Chipset.
The S20 Ultra comes with a 108MP primary camera, 48MP secondary camera, and another 12MP sensor paired with a 0.3MP sensor. The front camera on the device is also extremely high resolution at 40MP. The device comes with a massive 6.9-inch QHD+ display with a refresh rate of 120Hz and has a 5,000mAh battery.
Price: Samsung Galaxy S20(Rs 66,990) Galaxy S20+(Rs 73,990), and Galaxy S20 Ultra (Rs 92,999)
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S20 First Impressions
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus recently updated its flagship line-up amid the coronavirus pandemic, the newly updated flagship from OnePlus comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset. The device comes with a Fluid AMOLED display with a resolution of 3168 x 1440 giving a pixel density of 513PPI. The display also has a 120Hz refresh rate and supports sRGB, Display P3, and comes with Gorilla Glass 3D protection. The smartphone is powered by Oxygen OS based on Android 10 and comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage on the base model.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy A71 Launched!
The OnePlus 8 with a 4,510mAh battery and supports 30W fast charging. The rear camera on the smartphone uses a 48MP primary IMX689 sensor with an f/1.78 aperture along with an 8MP f/2.44 telephoto lens and a 48MP f/2.2 ultra-wide lens. There is also a 5MP f/2.4 color filter lens which has turned out extremely controversial in the recent past due to the X-Ray abilities.
Price: Rs 44,999 (OnePlus 8), Rs 54,999 (OnePlus 8 Pro)
Xiaomi Mi 10
Soon after the lockdown was relaxed, Xiaomi announced the Mi 10 in an online event for India, the smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset and comes with either 8GB or 12GB of RAM and either 128GB or 256GB internal storage. The display on the smartphone is an AMOLED panel and the device uses LPDDR5 RAM in the top variant.
The smartphone also supports 30W fast charging and uses a 4,780mAh battery. The smartphone uses a 108MP primary sensor and pairs it with two 2MP sensors for dedicated depth detection and macro abilities. There is also a 13MP ultra-wide lens for a wider view.
Price: Rs 49,999
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.