Best Smartphones With Snapdragon 865 Processor!
Snapdragon 865 SoC was first announced at Qualcomm Annual Tech Summit, this 5G exclusive chipset is the successor to the Snapdragon 855 and 855+. This new chipset upgrades the prime and performance cores to new Cortex-A77 based architecture offering a 25% performance improvement and 25% improvement in power efficiency. This new chipset also brings support for LPDDR5 RAM and Dolby Vision and HGL support making the smartphones very capable. The SoC allows manufacturers to make phones with up to 200MP camera sensor and supports 8K recording in 30FPS. The GPU has also seen a 25% performance improvement and 35% power efficiency improvement. The Snapdragon 865 still doesn’t come with an integrated 5G modem and claims better power efficiency while using 4G networks compared to the previous generation chipset.
Table Of Contents
- 1Samsung Galaxy S20 Series
- 2OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- 3Xiaomi Mi 10
- 4Vivo iQOO 3
- 5Realme X50 Pro
Highlights of the Story
- Snapdragon 865 is the latest flagship chipset from Qualcomm for mobile devices and comes with massive improvements in terms of performance and efficiency
- Most of the Android flagships being launched in the year 2020 will come with the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset along with other upgrades
- The Snapdragon 865 chipset supports 5G and allows capturing of video in up to 8K resolution at 30FPS.
Snapdragon 865 is an upgrade to the previous generation, Qualcomm 855 and 855+ chipsets. This newly upgraded chipset comes with upgraded performance, cores based on the new Cortex A77-based architecture and assures 25% improvement in the performance and the power efficiency. The amount of L3 cache has also been doubled for improved performance and power efficiency.
The new chipset also supports up to 144Hz display refresh rates and recording in up to 8K resolution at 30FPS. The Snapdragon 865 brings support for HGL format along with Dolby Vision. This new chipset will be powering most of the new flagships of 2020 including the Samsung S20 series, OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, Mi Note 10, and more devices.
Here are a few smartphones that are going to be powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset:
Samsung Galaxy S20 Series
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Series smartphones debuted with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset. All the three smartphones, the Galaxy S20, the Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset in the US market, this smartphone will be powered by the Exynos alternative in most other international markets. The smartphones get with the LPDDR5 RAM that has been introduced to support the Snapdragon 865 Chipset.
The S20 Ultra comes with a 108MP primary camera, 48MP secondary camera, and another 12MP sensor paired with a 0.3MP sensor. The front camera on the device is also extremely high resolution at 40MP. The device comes with a massive 6.9-inch QHD+ display with a refresh rate of 120Hz and has a 5,000mAh battery.
Price: Samsung Galaxy S20(Rs 66,990) Galaxy S20+(Rs 73,990), and Galaxy S20 Ultra (Rs 92,999)
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy S20 First Impressions
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus recently updated its flagship line-up amid the coronavirus pandemic, the newly updated flagship from OnePlus comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset. The device comes with a Fluid AMOLED display with a resolution of 3168 x 1440 giving a pixel density of 513PPI. The display also has a 120Hz refresh rate and supports sRGB, Display P3, and comes with Gorilla Glass 3D protection. The smartphone is powered by Oxygen OS based on Android 10 and comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage on the base model.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy A71 Launched!
The OnePlus 8 with a 4,510mAh battery and supports 30W fast charging. The rear camera on the smartphone uses a 48MP primary IMX689 sensor with an f/1.78 aperture along with an 8MP f/2.44 telephoto lens and a 48MP f/2.2 ultra-wide lens. There is also a 5MP f/2.4 color filter lens which has turned out extremely controversial in the recent past due to the X-Ray abilities.
Price: Rs 44,999 (OnePlus 8), Rs 54,999 (OnePlus 8 Pro)
Xiaomi Mi 10
Soon after the lockdown was relaxed, Xiaomi announced the Mi 10 in an online event for India, the smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset and comes with either 8GB or 12GB of RAM and either 128GB or 256GB internal storage. The display on the smartphone is an AMOLED panel and the device uses LPDDR5 RAM in the top variant.
The smartphone also supports 30W fast charging and uses a 4,780mAh battery. The smartphone uses a 108MP primary sensor and pairs it with two 2MP sensors for dedicated depth detection and macro abilities. There is also a 13MP ultra-wide lens for a wider view.
Price: Rs 49,999
Vivo iQOO 3
Vivo iQOO 3 was one of the early devices to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset in India, the smartphone has a 6.44-inch FullHD+ display. The smartphone comes with either 8GB or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and has 256GB internal storage. The primary camera on the device is a 48MP sensor and also uses an additional 13MP sensor for telephoto and another 13MP sensor for Ultra-wide shots. The front camera on the smartphone is a 16MP sensor. The Vivo iQOO 3 comes with support for 55W fast charging which allows charging the 4,440mAh battery up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
Price: Starting at Rs 34,999. Rs 44,999 for the 5G Variant with 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
Also Read: iQOO 3 5G: The Gaming Beast
Realme X50 Pro
The Realme X50 Pro is soon going to be released in India and comes powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset, the device comes in 6GB, 8GB and 12GB RAM options and 128GB and 256GB internal storage options. The smartphones come with 5G compatibility and has a 4,200mAh battery. The smartphone also supports 65W Superdart charging for a quick charge. The device comes with a 6.44-inch FullHD+ AMOLED display and uses a Quad camera setup on the rear. The primary camera has a 64MP resolution while the secondary camera uses a 12MP sensor paired with an 8MP ultra-wide sensor and a 2MP additional sensor. The front camera on the Realme X50 Pro uses a 32MP primary sensor paired with an 8MP secondary sensor.
Price: Rs: 39,999 to 47,999
This Snapdragon 865 phone with a 6.67-inch AMOLED touchscreen display, Dual Sim, 360° triple ambient light sensors and a 4700mAh non-removable battery that supports a standby time of 17 days, 13 hours of gaming or 6 hours of video recording with a 30W fast charging is one of the best smartphones available in the market. It comes with a 64 MP primary camera, 13MP ultra wide-angle camera, 2MP depth sensor and 5MP telemacro sensor. Made in colours such as Cyber Grey, Electric Purple, Neon Blue and Phantom White, the phone has a 1080×2400 pixels resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio for a Full HDR10+ display. With a 7nm process technology that delivers a 25% performance boost and improved graphic rendering, the smartphone has been chasing the ultimate experience. Can you believe that the liquid cool technology 2.0 that it offers can cool down the CPU by 14°C ? MIUI for POCO keeps on giving off a quicker and smoother experience.
Gaming in Sony Xperia 1 II with a Snapdragon 865 chip, a 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5″ display, a 4k HDR BT2020 OLED screen, 360 Reality Audio, support for Dolby Atmos and front stereo speakers, the phone is an excellent choice to watch all your favourite movies or listen to music. This is a device stuffed with cutting edge technologies, Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, amazing ZEISS quality, 4000 mAh power source, latest Alpha 9 series cameras with a Dual Photo Diode sensor that offers great autofocus with a real-time Eye AF for both humans and animals. It guarantees a 25% faster CPU and GPU than on the previous model.
Motorola Edge Plus
Motorola Edge Plus is one of the fastest phones created by Motorola. The new phone was first unveiled in May 2020. It has a Snapdragon 865 processor which makes it the fastest phone. it also has 108 MP rear camera. The phone is a powerhouse of features.
The performance is excellent in terms of processing & speed. This phone also possesses 256 GB of internal memory storage. It also has the latest Android (11.0) version. It also is the first 5G phone introduced by Motorola. It can run on 5G technology efficiently.
It makes it one of the finest phones in this list.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…