- SIM Hybrid Dual SIM (1 Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSDXC support (up to 1TB)
Sony Xperia 1 II
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- Samsung Galaxy S10e₹46,299VSOnePlus 6T₹30,990Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,990VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹13,999VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹52,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹47,900VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹52,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹52,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹42,990Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹117,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,833Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
Sony Xperia 1 II sports one of the most powerful and versatile camera on a smartphone and has a giant and feature-rich display to view content on.
- 6.5” 4K resolution with 643 PPI density
- Powerful Snapdragon 865 processor
- Professional-grade camera setup
- IP65/IP68 dust/water resistance
- It uses a standard 60Hz refresh rate
- Relatively slow charging speed
Sony partnered with the folks at Alpha cameras and Zeiss Optics among others to create the masterpiece aka Sony Xperia 1 II. The phone gets everything right from its 6.5” 4K HDR OLED display, 60Hz refresh rate, high-tech, and professional-grade camera setup powered by Zeiss Optics to the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset and 5G support on-board making it an all-in-one flagship phone from Sony.
Sony Xperia 1 II Price in India
Sony Xperia 1 II is yet to launch in India. It was launched in other markets at a price tag of whopping $1,199 which loosely translates into Rs.90,160/-. However, a few Indian websites have Sony Xperia 1 II at Rs.54,999/- for its sole 8GB+256GB variant expected to launch on July 30.
Sony Xperia 1 II has a brilliant boxy and squarish look, something which Sony is popular for, and the Sony Xperia 1 II design doesn’t fail to disappoint users. Sony has added IP65/IP68 dust/water resistance that adds to its USPs. There’s no notch at the front and Sony has perfected its form factor with thin bezels on all sides including the chin. The quad-camera sits on the back arranged in a vertical camera bump with a flash LED on top.
Sony Xperia 1 II is available in three colour variants – Black, Purple, and White.
Sony Xperia 1 II creates a stunning viewing experience thanks to its 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5” 4K HDR display with a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 on top and back. Its giant display allows multi-window features to swing in allowing users to access more than one app at a time. The display shows more content than a phone with a 16:9 aspect ratio will show. The absence of a high refresh rate display at this price point might disappoint a few users.
Sony Xperia 1 II is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor which is clocked at 2.84GHz (max). Made on a 7nm+ fabrication processor, the chipset comes with Adreno 650 GPU that handles its graphics rendering. It uses 8GB RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 for a supersmooth performance that it delivers no matter how many apps are open at a time. There’s a hybrid SIM slot to extend memory at up to 1TB.
It arrives with Android 10 out-of-the-box and there’s no doubt it will be at the forefront when the Android 11 launches. It will also grab Android 12 S in 2021 given its flagship status that comes with two years of major Android OS support period.
Sony Xperia 1 II features a powerful camera setup at the back with professional-grade sensors and features. It sports a 12MP+12MP+8MP+ToF sensor calibrated by Zeiss Optics that offers outstanding quality no matter what the scene is. It has a stunning 20fps AF/AE that makes sure no details are lost when filming something. As the camera setup is engineered with the team behind Sony’s Alpha DSLR cameras, Sony Xperia 1 II exercises prowess over other smartphones. It is engineered to do 60 times per second AF/AE calculations and its high-end algorithms take care of the rest.
The phone sports a larger sensor than its predecessor which increases the quality of the images. Finally, there’s a standard 8MP front camera that takes care of the front end.
Sony Xperia 1 II grabs a 4,000 mAh battery pack on-board that keeps the phone charged throughout the day even with heavy usage. It has an active Adaptive Charging that keeps an eye on overcharging and other factors to keep the battery’s health at an optimum. It has a 21W fast charging tech along with 11W fast wireless charging for those who don’t want to stop.
Sony literally managed to pack in all its resources to create an overall charismatic smartphone. The high-end camera setup of Sony Xperia 1 II is a great feature for photographers. It does have a few cons which are easily masked by its endless list of specs including a recent large and vibrant display with 21:9 aspect ratio along with all the bells and whistles you would need in a phone. It packs in a blazing fast & powerful Snapdragon 865 to compensate for any backlogs it possesses and it is an interesting prospect to buy.