Easy Ways To Fix YouTube Not Working On Android
Youtube is massively used by individuals to consume content for entertainment or educational purposes. Here are some steps you can follow in case Youtube stops working on your Android smartphone.
Highlights of the Story
- Youtube holds the monopoly in serving free online videos with hours worth of content consumed by individuals each day.
- Something Youtube can stop working on our Android smartphone due to some internal/external factors.
- Here’s how to fix Youtube not working on the Android issue.
Youtube is the largest video platform on the internet with hours of videos uploaded every minute and 1.5 billion logged-in visitors each month. With so much content available for consumption and being the source of entertainment and information, Youtube has become an important part of our lives.
Youtube holding the monopoly in free online video consumption, we depend so much on it that if the platform stops working or we somehow can’t access it and we might panic. So, here’s a step by step guide to identify and fix Youtube not working issue on Android.
YouTube Not Working On Android- How Can You Fix It?
The first thing to identify is whether Youtube is down from its server end or is it something on our device that is causing Youtube to not work on our Android smartphone. Use this Down Detector to identify if Youtube is experiencing any server downtime or not. If the status is fine and it shows “No problems at Youtube” then the issue is definitely with your smartphone. Follow the below-mentioned steps to identify and fix the issue:
1. Reboot Your Android Smartphone
Many problems related to your smartphone are actually fixable with a simple restart or reboot function. This will close all the running applications and functions in your background, possibly solving the issue you are experiencing while playing YouTube. Also, rebooting your device does not take more than a couple of minutes. Here is the step-by-step process-
Step 1– Press and hold the power button from your left or right side (depending on the smartphone model)
Step 2– Here, you will notice three different options; Switch Off, Restart, and Emergency mode. Click on Restart or reboot. You can also select power off, but for that, you will have to manually turn on the phone.
Step 3– After a few minutes, your phone’s screen will be back again. But if you have chosen the power off option, wait for some seconds and press the power button to restart your phone.
Step 4– After the phone restarts, open the YouTube app and try to play any video, you were trying to play earlier. This should work now.
2. Clear Cache on Your Android
If restarting your phone does not succeed in fixing YouTube Not Working on Android, you can try to clear the cache. Deleting cache files will delete the temporary data saved on your phone and this can solve the problem.
Step 1– Go to Settings from the drop-down menu of your notification bar or open the Settings app directly
Step 2– Select “Apps & Notification” or “Apps” section in settings (depending on the smartphone make) and go to Application Manager or scroll down until you find YouTube
Step 3– Click on YouTube and tap on “Storage & Cashe“
Step 4– Then tap on “Clear Data/Storage” and “Clear Cache“
The cache files and data should be cleared by now. Now try opening the Youtube app and try playing any video. This should work now.
3. Update Your Android
Although there is no connection between YouTube Not Working on Android with your outdated Android software, it can still cause some errors. And if your problem is due to the outdated operating system, then you can easily minimize it by going for an update.
Step 1– Open the Settings app on your Android
Step 2– Find System updates, possibly under the About Phone option
Step 3– Then Download and install the updates if available
Updating your phone will take some time, so sit tight. And when your smartphone is done with the process, go back to YouTube and open that music video again on the Youtube app.
4. Check Your Internet Connection
Another main thing you can do to solve your YouTube not working issue is by fixing your internet connection. Whenever you find these kinds of errors, do check your internet connection first by opening the setting menu from your notification bar. Check if your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
Sometimes though, connecting to the network isn’t enough. Even if your device is showing “connected,” you can reach the server due to internal internet problems. Try to search for something on Google and check if it’s working or not.
In case you are using a router, checking the led lights on the router might help in reducing internet problems.
5. Check Your Phone’s Time and Date
Your phone’s date and time settings have various impacts on the apps you are using, including Whatsapp and YouTube. Google’s server can find problems syncing your phone to YouTube if your date and time is not properly set. You can easily fix this manually by following the steps we have given below.
Step 1– Open Settings app
Step 2– Click on “Date & time”, in case you can’t find this option then you can search for this in the settings search bar.
Step 3– Then turn on the “Automatic Date & Time” option.
In case it does not solve your particular YouTube problem, we have other solutions waiting for you below.
6. Update Your YouTube App
Though an outdated YouTube app is probably not the culprit here, you can still try to fix it by updating YouTube from your Google Play store. This will take only a couple of minutes. So, let’s try following the steps below.
Step 1– Open Google Play store on your Android phone
Step 2– Click on My Apps & Games
Step 3– Click on the Update button next to the YouTube app result and see if you can update it or not
Step 4– If it is available for an update, try to update it as soon as possible.
We hope the above mentioned steps should have fixed your issue, in case nothing works you can try Youtube website on your browser and check if you can access it.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.